Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Supposably" another team is after OUR Pocock.

Champion
    vCash

"Supposably" another team is after OUR Pocock.

The Brumbies' unexpected good season may result in the two-time Super Rugby champions reaching the play-offs for the first time since 2004.

And it may also be their best selling point in an attempt to recruit Wallabies openside flanker David Pocock.

It is understood the Brumbies have contacted Pocock and that he has said he will talk to them.

Whether that means Pocock is serious about joining them is unclear, but he did consider making the move to Canberra when he was last out of contract.

All indications suggest Pocock will remain at Western Force, particularly after the departure of former coach Richard Graham, who is defecting to Queensland Reds.

Pocock has been at the Force since 2006 and yet to experience play-off rugby, let alone being part of a potential championship-winning team.

The highly competitive Pocock will not want to spend his whole Super Rugby career on a losing team.

If the Force cannot convince him it is heading in the right direction, he might be tempted to go elsewhere. And the Brumbies would love to have him.

The Brumbies' new coach Jake White is rebuilding the franchise and it could be an attractive proposition for Pocock.

It would also put them in a reasonable negotiating position if they pursue Pocock.

Pocock will lead the Force against the Stormers in Perth on Saturday night in their first game since Graham was stood down.

But Fijian international winger Napolioni Nalaga will return from an ankle injury for the match against the Stormers.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1226335901155

Sorry Gigsy - yeah Brett Harris.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by benny; 23-04-12 at 07:26.

vCash
    Wow! There isn't a single statement from anybody in that article, is that Bret Harris or Wayne Smith?

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    I've highlighted these points as i feel the below:

Pocock and that he has said he will talk to them. - Is this just another "wind up our ass because its another Australian Rugby Team" ?? / or another JUDAS in our rank... doesnt make sense if he moves to Canberra.

will not want to spend his whole Super Rugby career on a losing team. Im glad the media can see into the future, maybe we should ask the media on the score from this weekend... then I can put a bet on and have a win for once against the Vbookie & TAB.

Jake White is rebuilding the franchise Yes he is rebuilding the franchise, but as soon as the managements back are turned he is off looking for other work.. (RFU) realling rebuild for future years or premierships...

Also look EWF management a NON AUSTRALIAN COACH, with international experience.. = success both on and off the field... take note and get someone DECENT for our club, NOT your club.

But Fijian international winger Napolioni Nalaga will return for the match against the Stormers.

Oh really ??!! and again a future call ?? the team doesnt get named till wednesday, today is Monday, but do we really need him here ?? Give him the same treatment as RG.. resigned half season, pack your bags and get to the International airport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Pocock and that he has said he will talk to them. - Is this just another "wind up our ass because its another Australian Rugby Team" ?? / or another JUDAS in our rank... doesnt make sense if he moves to Canberra.

There's no reason why Pocock shouldn't talk to them. It's what professional sportsmen do when they come off contract. I think I read smewhere that David said the only reason he would leave would be to 'improve his rugby'. For this reason i cant see him going to the Reds to play under Graham again, he has already learned what he can under him.
    On a purely rugby level the Brumbies would probably look more attractive than the Force right now. They are playing winning rugby and it would probably be a learning experience playing under the tutelage of Jake White. (even though it is said that White does not like playing a fetcher so what would he do with the best fetcher in Oz?).
    I think a lot depends on who is appointed the next Force coach.
    If by some chance Pocock does leave the Force I hope posters on here are not going to start with the 'hate' comments or referring to him as a 'Judas'. I don't think he deserves that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    [B
    But Fijian international winger Napolioni Nalaga will return for the match against the Stormers.

Oh really ??!! and again a future call ?? the team doesnt get named till wednesday, today is Monday, but do we really need him here ?? Give him the same treatment as RG.. resigned half season, pack your bags and get to the International airport.

The guy has been injured, would we have wanted him standing on the wing with crutches?.. the first few games he didn't get a lot of opportunities which was not entirely his fault. I am still looking forward to the team playing a style of game that will get the outside backs more involved.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Personally I believe players such as Pocock choose where they play for many reasons, a Championship is just one of many issues.
    Average minimum temp being another...

Month Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep
    Canberra 6.7, 3.2, 1.0, −0.1, 1.0, 3.3
    Perth 13.6, 10.6, 8.5, 7.8, 8.1, 9.4

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Whatever will be will be...!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    If by some chance Pocock does leave the Force I hope posters on here are not going to start with the 'hate' comments or referring to him as a 'Judas'. I don't think he deserves that.
    I honestly can't imagine that happening, of course I honestly can't imagine Dave treating us as badly as O'Connor or Giteau......as a matter of fact I can't even see him treating us as badly as Digby.

Ryan Cross and Drew Mitchell probably received a little stick when they left, but most of it was 'good riddance' they weren't performing for us and very few tears were shed when they left. I bet a lot more tears are flowing re Drew now, but he's about as strong as Shep currently, so I guess it's pretty even.

I find most of the posters here to be pretty fair, if a player treats our team honestly and with integrity he'll get that in return.....if, however he shits on us........let's just say the volume is a little greater in return!

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    David Pocock ia professional rugby player - he has to do what is best for him and his family.
    If he decides to leave, it will be a huge blow and a big loss for the Force but this man has humility and honesty - traits not associated with many of the other so called stars who have left our fair climes of late - as someone else has said " what will be will be"
    I for one hope that he stays, the WF franchise needs to be built around him.
    For this reason I hope the board gets the right coach - my picks for bringing the right mix of technical/tactical expertise and off field harmony (ie team spirit/harmony/interaction with WA Rugby scene) are either Nick Mallet or Rob Penney.
    Phil Blake has excellent coaching skills and has an easy going demeanour - I suspect that it is he who has been the conduit that has kept it all together here lately; he should be reappointed somewhere - possibly as head coach, probably as a full assistant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt12 View Post
    David Pocock ia professional rugby player - he has to do what is best for him and his family.
    Of course. But unless we've been reading TOTAL bullshit about his part in the way the coaching situation has panned out, I'd tend to expect him to stay. Doesn't seem the type to take a postiion like the one reported and then leave.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    So lets steal the Brumbies up and coming 7.......last years under 19 captain. That kid is a real goer......wazhizname? Fight fire with fire. An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth.

A decent coach is the first on the list. Nobody is putting pen to paper until that shite is sorted out

The Force management needs to have a good hard look at themselves. Time to recruit some backs that can pass, catch and run onto the ball. I appreciate finding backs with talent is like finding a needle in a haystack but they need to find a 10 and 12 who can play.

At least that farkhead R. Graham is gone early. He ruined this franchise

We also need a lock. Mop head is useless.

Up front there oughta be a man in black
    You'll never see bright colours on my back......

Until things are brighter, I'm the man in black

vCash
    TBH, I'd be surprised if about a dozen teams weren't after Poey, from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, France and Britain. He's a professional player and can ply his trade wherever he sees fit, and where he thinks will give him the best career. He could go for the most money, the best chance of silverware, the best coach, the most media exposure, where his mates play, where he feels loved, etc.

He's got ties here (the missus), he's been here 6 years, and he's the club captain, so we've got a pretty strong case for him staying, but if he decided to leave, and was honest in his reasons for going wherever, I'd say thanks, good-bye and good luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    TBH, I'd be surprised if about a dozen teams weren't after Poey, from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, France and Britain. He's a professional player and can ply his trade wherever he sees fit, and where he thinks will give him the best career. He could go for the most money, the best chance of silverware, the best coach, the most media exposure, where his mates play, where he feels loved, etc.

He's got ties here (the missus), he's been here 6 years, and he's the club captain, so we've got a pretty strong case for him staying, but if he decided to leave, and was honest in his reasons for going wherever, I'd say thanks, good-bye and good luck.
    Totally agree with that sentiment. I would have massive respect for any decision he makes as I know it will be made with total integrity. He is an altogether different person than the likes of JOC and others who've come and gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Man In Black View Post
    So lets steal the Brumbies up and coming 7.......last years under 19 captain. That kid is a real goer......wazhizname? Fight fire with fire. An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth.

A decent coach is the first on the list. Nobody is putting pen to paper until that shite is sorted out

The Force management needs to have a good hard look at themselves. Time to recruit some backs that can pass, catch and run onto the ball. I appreciate finding backs with talent is like finding a needle in a haystack but they need to find a 10 and 12 who can play.

Good idea but there is one small flaw in that thinking.... The waratahs
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Man In Black View Post

Good idea but there is one small flaw in that thinking.... The waratahs have already done just that and have signed him up
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast