Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Dig for the Day

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Deanan Kemp
    OK what happened while I was on holidays, who is this bloke

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Exile, I'm not asking for the players to Win every week, week in week out, what I am after is 85 minutes. 3 weeks in a row, both Sharpie & Poey have come out after the game and said "okay we played well for 50 - 60 - 70 minutes" It doesn't take a rocket scientist or RG to tell the players that its 80 minutes of game time..
    this is true .. it isn't rocket surgery

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    but a certain amount of brain science is required to understand

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I thought he played league for the dragons, not sure how we could put him on the bench

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Exile, I'm not asking for the players to Win every week, week in week out, what I am after is 85 minutes. 3 weeks in a row, both Sharpie & Poey have come out after the game and said "okay we played well for 50 - 60 - 70 minutes" It doesn't take a rocket scientist or RG to tell the players that its 80 minutes of game time..

I'm getting annoyed at being to each home game, in the terraces, waiting and hoping to watch a good performance, and major of the time I'm leaving seeing a decline in performance instead of an improvement.

To be frank, I dont care if we lose 50 to 49 as long as we've played well and taken it up to the opposition. This year we have played sh1t, 3 weeks in a row with no excuses or reasoning.

We have teams like the Reds, 5 years ago they were the wipping boys. a new coach and same players have taken them to "world beaters" what have we done in 5 years.. zip - nothing - narda, apart from a new coach, and worst results.

Okay I may have a pretty harsh view on the world but more important hard view on the Force, its my team and if they keep playing sh1t ill watch the games from my armchair and be quiet on the forum and EWF world in general.
    Benny - In a game of Rugby there is only ever a winner and a loser. unless its a draw- and they suck even more.

Please forgive me. I am not questioning your passion for our team nor do I want you to sit quietly at home and be quiet here on the TWF Forums.

We collectively as fans of the Western Force seem to have great expectations and I am beginning to think that as the years go by our expectations rise higher and higher.

The Western Force are a team competing in one of the greatest, and hardest provincial competitions in the world. We have had to do so by recruiting the off cuts of the other 3 Provinces (now 4) in this wide brown land of ours without any flexibility or assistance from the ARU. We have done it without any support from the local rugby community(I bet I get yelled at for that one).

We have had to suffer through a media spotlight that reported every burp and fart and made it front page news. We have also had to suffer through some brain explosions from players. We have had to suffer through the trials and tribulations of one of the biggest egos in the game as well as a sponsor that wrote a couple of cheques that couldn't be cashed as well as some business practices that were questionable. We have gone through 4 CEO's and 2 Chairmans. All of this would cripple other teams. But we are still here.

On the field I personally believe we have been seriously unlucky with the bounce of the ball or the referees whistle. The draw against the crusaders with the video referee ruling that the player had gone in to touch in our first year. Or the quick lineout that resulted in the try that came directly from a ballboy passing it to the hooker in our second or third year. Last year against the Warratahs with the penalty kick that bounced back in to the field of play directly in to the arms of the Tahs player that dived over for a try, last week were Alfi got wrong footed by the bouncing ball that again dropped in to the Hurricanes player waiting hands for the try.

There has been one thing that the Western Force has had that has been constant and kept the team going when in any other team in any other competition would have gone and quit ages ago. And its world famous. Us, the supporters, the Sea of Blue.

Sure we need some work on our chants and our cheering. Foo-orce clap clap clap really does bite the big one. But From Subiaco to nib stadium watching on TV the Sea of Blue is something to behold. And that is you guys. Us. The fans who buy the season tickets. The vocal fans on the TWF Forums The glue that holds our team together.

Benny I can understand that you are getting annoyed that you sit in the terraces week in and week out and you watch on occasion a below standard performance from our team. But I am still very jealous of you. You are part of the Sea of Blue. You are the glue that keeps our team together. 3 times I have been apart of the Sea of Blue in seven years. You get to do that every week. Don't give up on the Force, or TWF for that matter. It may take till next year or 20 years. But the pain and the heartache now will make it all so much better when we kick every ones butts.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Toddy, watch is highlights from playing in France, and he "went searching for the ball" and not waiting for the ball to come out to him that hasn't happened.
    you're a bloody hard taskmaster Benny, his three best runs, he plucked the ball from a ruck, if that's not 'looking for the ball' I don't know what is!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    We collectively as fans of the Western Force seem to have great expectations and I am beginning to think that as the years go by our expectations rise higher and higher.

The Western Force are a team competing in one of the greatest, and hardest provincial competitions in the world. We have had to do so by recruiting the off cuts of the other 3 Provinces (now 4) in this wide brown land of ours without any flexibility or assistance from the ARU. We have done it without any support from the local rugby community(I bet I get yelled at for that one).

We have had to suffer through a media spotlight that reported every burp and fart and made it front page news. We have also had to suffer through some brain explosions from players. We have had to suffer through the trials and tribulations of one of the biggest egos in the game as well as a sponsor that wrote a couple of cheques that couldn't be cashed as well as some business practices that were questionable. We have gone through 4 CEO's and 2 Chairmans. All of this would cripple other teams. But we are still here.

On the field I personally believe we have been seriously unlucky with the bounce of the ball or the referees whistle. The draw against the crusaders with the video referee ruling that the player had gone in to touch in our first year. Or the quick lineout that resulted in the try that came directly from a ballboy passing it to the hooker in our second or third year. Last year against the Warratahs with the penalty kick that bounced back in to the field of play directly in to the arms of the Tahs player that dived over for a try, last week were Alfi got wrong footed by the bouncing ball that again dropped in to the Hurricanes player waiting hands for the try.

There has been one thing that the Western Force has had that has been constant and kept the team going when in any other team in any other competition would have gone and quit ages ago. And its world famous. Us, the supporters, the Sea of Blue.

Could not have put it better, well done Exile.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    you're a bloody hard taskmaster Benny, his three best runs, he plucked the ball from a ruck, if that's not 'looking for the ball' I don't know what is!
    Yeah gigsy, 3 runs in 3 games not bad..... Only shit stirring... Just want more out of him, a bit like all 22 players we have.

If we lose to the tahs by 1 point or 100 if we put in for the full 80 mins that's all I care about at the moment, and you won't here my whinge. PROMISE.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Sorry TWF family thought we signed him on. A short term contract.. Maybe it was me in the sheets during the off season...apologizes all

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...e-s-spotlight/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    New flyhalf would have started on the bench if Sheps was fit, he is not therefore, Harvey can play flyhalf or full back, Chucky already at flyhalf, so move new guy to fullback, as Mafi is a wing after all play him on the wing, makes sense to me. No problem with what RG has done.
    Mafi has form at fullback right now! That's why the 22 was such a shock and everyone who read it had a stroke and no one survived - not even me!

Graham is falling into the same trap as Dingo, he's picking players based on potential and what they can do but not what they're actually doing. Of all our backs so far this year I'd say Mafi has been the best, even if he's playing out of position you keep him there when he's playing that good!

By the way last 3/4 years besides Gits/ Mitchell and JOC not many made the Wallabies so our backline while better in the past was not the best in the land and at that stage forwards were weaker and we have worked on that.
    Sharpe struggled to make the wallabies, so we won't use them as a yardstick because as I said earlier, Dingo picks on potential, not form.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy View Post
    Win or lose, I'll always support the Force. We are lucky to even have a Super Rugby team in this great state of ours!
    amen to that

It would be more enjoyable if they were playing a brand we could watch though

Controversy corner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2