by: Michael Washbourne From: PerthNow March 14, 2012 3:01pm

SORRY SIGHT: Richard Brown looks on from the bench during the Western Force's 46-19 loss to the Hurricanes.
Source: Getty Images

WESTERN Force flanker Richard Brown has promised to speak with his actions after a disappointing return to Super Rugby ranks.

Brown struggled to have an impact in the Force’s 46-19 loss to the Hurricanes at nib Stadium last Friday in what was his first major hitout since an off-season shoulder reconstruction.

The 27-year-old lasted only a half before he was taken out of the game, and today accepted that he had a fight on his hands to retain his spot for Saturday’s away clash with the Waratahs.

“I take a lot of responsibility for the performance last weekend, mainly because I was a passenger out there,” Brown said.

“I had little influence on the game so I just have to get match fit, game fit, and put strong performances on the paddock that help the team.

“It’s not my job to say anything; it’s my job to go out there and put the performance on the paddock.

“I’ll speak with my actions.”

Brown, who thought he was 2-3 weeks away from returning to 100 per cent fitness, is not the only Force player in the gun after the Perth club’s third straight loss.

Players were subjected to a brutal team meeting on Monday morning as the club desperately searches for answers after another dismal start to a new season.

“A few guys had to really put up their hands and accept their mistakes and accept that they didn’t execute anything we’d planned during the week leading up to (the game),” Brown said.

“There’s a few guys who got wraps over knuckles, but that’s part and parcel of our jobs.

“You can’t rest on your laurels and put up the white flag.”

Brown will clash with two of his former Force teammates, Jono Jenkins and Tevita Metuisela, this weekend in a game that is a must-win contest for both sides.

The Waratahs have only walked away with the points on one occasion this season despite showing plenty of encouraging signs in all of their three games.

Brown was quick to reject talk that the Michael Foley-coached side played a boring style of rugby.

“I think the perception is they play dull, but last year when we played them they played quite a wide, expansive game,” he said.

“Perceptions are one thing that people have in mind about a team, but what reality is can be very different.

“They can vary their game from playing wide, attacking football to tight, forward-orientated play so you can go by perception, but it’s probably best off looking at what’s in front of you and going from there.”

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/rug...-1226299626615