Thread: Harvey Fresh for the Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    ...... it's Nalaga

You might pronounce it Nalanga, but you don't spell it that way

Dead set
    I stand corrected.

Thanks Ecky

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If you're not going to bother changing your tone or even the idioms you use, why not just sign on as Rex?

Is it a safety in numbers thing?

As for the point you make.......(Including the longer post which I didn't quote for space reasons) I think a good ten would have the ability to generate structure on the field, regardless of the coaching. If Harvey's a good attacking 10 (which by all accounts he is, given that he's the starting fly for Sydney Uni and they're no mugs) then he'll see the deficiencies in coaching and play accordingly......even to the point of completely ignoring the gameplan and making up his own (PDV Boks spring to mind?)

To answer the question about his defense......Quade doesn't defend at all and he seems to do OK, plus we have a massive group of outside backs and a couple of scrumhalves who are pretty good in the channel as well.....I guess you're probably thinking along the lines of getting Dan Carter in (god wouldn't that be cool!) but the facts are, he's just not available.....anybody you could name, from anywhere in the world who is available is exactly what he is...a club player who has some skills, but isn't necessarily the complete package. Believe me, anybody who's the complete package already has a contract with somebody and won't be talking to us until next year....
    I was thinking along the lines of Chuck is probably better than "Mr Quickfix" and wouldn't it be nice if the backs had been coached

Nothing like a Rex bash though is there Giggsy?

Whenever I fart, you're sniffing my anus

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Baby Faced Assasin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    I stand corrected.

Thanks Ecky

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

I was thinking along the lines of Chuck is probably better than "Mr Quickfix" and wouldn't it be nice if the backs had been coached

Nothing like a Rex bash though is there Giggsy?

Whenever I fart, you're sniffing my anus
    Ok, if Chucky's the answer, why hasn't he done what I said?

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Give Nalaga a bit longer, like Tazz said David Smith was pretty ordinary at the start of last year until he worked out his role in the team.

This is the stats on rugbyheaven and this is with him still not getting enough ball!

Most Run Metres (up to end of week 3)
    1. Tamati Ellison (Highlanders) 258
    2. Sonny Bill Williams (Chiefs) 257
    3. Robbie Robinson (Chiefs) 238
    4. Jaco Taute (Lions) 231
    5. Hosea Gear (Highlanders) 217
    6. Tom Kingston (Waratahs) 214
    7. JP Pietersen (Sharks) 206
    8. Adam Thomson (Highlanders) 204
    9. Andre Taylor (Hurricanes) 202
    10. Ben Tapuai (Reds) 200
    11. Robert Fruean (Crusaders) 197
    12. Elton Jantjies (Lions) 190
    13. Rene Ranger (Blues) 188
    14. Phil Burleigh (Highlanders) 186
    15. Buxton Popoali'i (Highlanders) 183
    16. Napolioni Nalaga (Force) 179
    17. David Raikuna (Blues) 175
    18. Daniel Halangahu (Waratahs) 173
    19. Nasi Manu (Highlanders) 172
    19. Zane Kirchner (Bulls) 172

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    This will be interesting. If Harvey comes in and is instantly successful, what does that say about our attack coaching which has had weeks and a couple of trials to get things right?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    This will be interesting. If Harvey comes in and is instantly successful, what does that say about our attack coaching which has had weeks and a couple of trials to get things right?
    We have an attack coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    We have an attack coach?
    We do

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    He was working with monkeys?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yes but those are monkeys he chose.

Richard Graham is in a catch 22. People are asking why out attack is so awful. Now Dave Harvey comes in, and if he is good, people ask: Well why wasn't he selected before or instead of Ben Seymour. Or they ask how one player brought into the squad a few games into the season could get lift a team more than players who demonstrated last year that they can be good in the right conditions and months of preparation could not achieve this. Or Harvey doesn't change anything and people seriously start to doubt whether Graham is up to coaching at this level.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    If Harvey comes in and doesn't make any difference, surely that's more of a recruitment issue than coaching.......yes, RG has a role in both aspects, but he might not be in total control of all the variables with recruitment.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Also who wants to come to a team that has no "go forward" (not just in the "W" column) but also in the development of players... name 1 player who has been developed under RG... NONE !!

John Mitchell has put EWF on the map for the individuals development, of fringe players to now Super 15 players.

Okay we are picking on Graham for his #10 "shopping around".. but you look at it in this way. He goes out and buys Seymour as our only flyhalf, all others are "they will do / or they can be players".. but then he continues to select Chucky who in my eyes is our BEST #9 in the flyhalf position and has played Seymour for 10 minutes in HIS role of flyhalf.

Just hope he has common sense kick in and plays harvey in the number 10 from the get go and chucky at #9.. we'll see today when the team is announced. not holding my breath.

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 ----------

David Pusey is back also... by the looks of things...

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-unio...medium=twitter

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    ISC gear in image and Harvey would only have been issued KooGa gear??

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Okay we are picking on Graham for his #10 "shopping around".. but you look at it in this way. He goes out and buys Seymour as our only flyhalf, all others are "they will do / or they can be players".. but then he continues to select Chucky who in my eyes is our BEST #9 in the flyhalf position and has played Seymour for 10 minutes in HIS role of flyhalf.

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 ----------

David Pusey is back also... by the looks of things...

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-unio...medium=twitter
    10 Not RG's fault, Ripia was brought across by JM, Ripia was injured last year but we had JOC to fall back on for most of the year, Chucky only got involved at the end of the season.

Said he would give Chucky a go this year and has kept his word, yet we bad mouth him for it, Seymour is still a youngster he did not set the world alight in the trials and ahs looked a bit tentative in his minutes on the park, this is a huge jump and if we want to develop him we need to give him time to settle and get into as it is one of the hardest positions to play.

Lets give RG a bit of slack as he is just playing the cards he has been daealt as best as he can

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2