Thread: Dellit comeback for Force A

vCash

Dellit comeback for Force A

The Emirates Western Force A gained further valuable match time when they tackled Rebel Rising in Perth on Saturday afternoon with hard working Emirates Western Force back Patrick Dellit making a successful return to playing after niggling pre-season injuries.

The match also provided props Tetera Faulkner and Salesi Manu the chance to get more game time into them, while young flyhalf Kyle Godwin was also back in the thick of the action after spending last season on the sidelines with a shoulder injury.

With the Rebels having a bye in the opening round of the FxPro Super Rugby competition the Victorians brought 10 professionally contracted players to WA as well as players from their wider training group who play in the NSW and Queensland competitions.

The Emirates Western Force A side, made up predominantly of local grade players put up a gallant performance and trailed by just a point at half time but were outmuscled in the last 20 minutes to see the final result blow out to 48 - 28.

The locals opened their account following a fantastic team effort that began deep in their half and saw the ball switch from one sideline to the other before Nedlands winger Cam Crowley cross the line.

After a frustrating off-season Dellit was keen to show he was ready to compete for a place in the Emirates Western Force side and he played a dominant role in the first 40 minutes before being replaced by Godwin who showed some nice touches in his 25 minutes on the field.

The Emirates Western Force A added another two tries in the second half. The first came from promising young backrower Ryan Hodson, who has been training with the Emirates Western Force side since the beginning of the pre-season, and the other from Nick Haining which brought the crowd to their feet. The Cottesloe forward brilliantly chipped the defence and regathered under pressure to fly over in the corner untouched much to the delight of the fans on the hill and his team mates on field.

As the Emirates Western Force A side started to weary, Rebel Rising capitalised. Their bench having a significant impact as they piled on three quick tries.

Emirates Western Force Coach Andrew Scotney said he was pleased with his side’s performance, especially in the opening 60 minutes against a team with a large number of professional players in action.

“I thought our work rate in the first hour was fantastic and it was certainly an improvement on our effort against the Australian Barbarians,” said Scotney.

“The Rebel Rising brought over a very strong team with 10 contracted players however I thought our tight five performed very well against the opposition.

“Big Jake Ball from Palmyra continues to grow with every game and Wes Roberts controlled and directed the game well with his kicking game.”

The match further strengthened the relationship between RugbyWA and the Rebels and Scotney said it was a great opportunity for local players to continue their rugby development through the RugbyWA elite pathway.

“For a young guy like Ollie Hoskins to perform as he did on the weekend for 40 minutes, in what would have been the hardest game he’s had to play in, only enhances his reputation within the Emirates Western Force set up. It’s wonderful to see these quality local players able to make the most of opportunities,” Scotney said.

http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsE...0/Default.aspx

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    How did Kyle Godwin go I heard a rumour that RG rushed back from the east to be on the sideline for this game Was it to look if he can use Godwin at 10 for the Force ?? Also what position does Wes Roberts play, Scotney mentioned that Wes controlled the game well with his kicking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    How did Kyle Godwin go I heard a rumour that RG rushed back from the east to be on the sideline for this game Was it to look if he can use Godwin at 10 for the Force ?? Also what position does Wes Roberts play, Scotney mentioned that Wes controlled the game well with his kicking.
    Not sure how Goodwin went but Wes is a 10 for wanaroo
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Given that it says the Kyle replaced Pat Dellit, I think Kyle played fullback. I think Graham would look at playing Godwin there this season.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.