Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Muds Brumbies 2012 Thread - Warning -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Coleman will be hard to mark from the back at 15, he also has a good kicking game... You need to worry about White, Toomua and Lealiifano and the massive new wingers... Not to mention Andrew Smith 100+ massive with skills and speed...

Ooh and there'll be 3 massive fit loosies Vaea, Kimlin and Mowen... ouch... these lads will be clean out more than just last years frustrations... I think the Brums forwards are bigger faster and fitter...
    The reds started last season with the big is better mentality and didnt work for them. I rate Hooper and even young colby and should be given every oppurtunity to develop their games at 7.
    Personally I think the forwards will be pretty even for the most part either either but the Brumbies have the advantage in the backs. I dont agree with the general consensus outside of ACT that they will be last in the Aussie conference.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    I smell an ambush
    Who is the workhorse in the Brumbies pack? Ben Alexander. We just need to weather the first half storm and these guys will tire and be over run.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I'm doubt he is match fit... Speight and Tomane will deal with him... But I look forward to seeing the next big thing at the Force have a go ...
    You think I was talking about only one....it's cute how naive you are!

C'mon the

vCash

Post Brumbies on a high after winning start

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL69Fev0YtA"]Brumbies vs Western Force Super 15 2012 Round 1 - YouTube[/ame]

One game into the Super Rugby season and the monkey is off Jake White's back.

A dull, grinding 19-17 win over the Western Force in their season opener was not the explosive start long-suffering Brumbies fans had hoped for, but it was enough.

Calculating in the Brumbies' bye next weekend, it also has the ACT franchise in foreign land early in the season - near top of the ladder.

Advertisement: Story continues below
    "We're probably top of the log as we speak," White said.

The Brumbies coach, who arrived in Canberra last July, has long stressed to his youthful squad the importance of the opening round, and said the relief of victory amongst his charges was palpable.

But White is not getting overconfident, acknowledging the Brumbies - as well as the Force - wasted the first half playing cautious rugby and going for points.

Goalkicker Nic White's inaccuracy will also come under scrutiny, after bagging just three from six attempts and missing both of the Brumbies' try conversions.

"It's a bit like two heavyweight boxers just feeling each other out," White said of the first 40 minutes.

"We can't just be going through the motions and be scared.

"I'm just glad we managed to get over the line."

The Brumbies set up the victory in the first 10 minutes of the second half, with tries to debuting winger Jesse Mogg and fullback Robbie Coleman.

The Force hit back with a try to James Stannard, but couldn't breach the Brumbies' defence in the final minutes despite having possession and driving towards their line.

Brumbies skipper Ben Mowen said his squad showed discipline not to give away a penalty.

"It's very easy to throw a guy off his feet or make a poor decision and they kick the points and then you walk away saying what could have been," he said.

"But you can see in that last three minutes, our discipline is right on the money."

White said the win holds the Brumbies in good stead considering their woes last season.

"This time last year, or middle of last year, we would have bought that win, you would have paid money.

"It would have been really tough to lose that game and then sort of try and pick players up who were in a downward spiral last year.

"You can sense in the changerooms there's a massive sense of relief."

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/bre...225-1tuvd.html

vCash
    I noticed the crowd booing the Brumbies for their game style......kick, kick and kick

Not the sort of stuff to get the turnstyles clicking

Controversy corner

vCash
    yes booing your team is poor... its was a boring game... let's hope both teams play some more entertaining rugby soon...

vCash

Post Brumbies prepare for tight battle

The Brumbies are bracing for another Super Rugby nail-biter on Saturday night when they face the unbeaten Highlanders, who like the Canberra franchise have left their fans on edge until the final whistle.

While the table-topping Otago-based team have been the standouts over the first four rounds - accounting for highly-regarded teams the Chiefs, Crusaders, Waratahs and Hurricanes - they've won all those matches by four points or less.

Similarly, the Brumbies have battled the clock to pip the Western Force by two points, sink the Cheetahs with a penalty kick on the fulltime siren and then lose at the death last Friday night when the Chiefs crossed with the last play of the game.

Brumbies forwards coach Laurie Fisher on Thursday backed his young squad to galvanise after the heartbreak of their first loss under coach Jake White.

"A moment of madness might cost you so you've got to play from one to 80 every week," said Fisher.

"But there's tremendous character in the side and a tremendous desire so again I'm confident that we'll be giving a good account of ourselves."

Fisher said the Highlanders will no doubt be the biggest test in a taxing section of their campaign with a clash at home to the Sharks to follow and then a trip to Brisbane to face champions Queensland.

"They don't have any weaknesses in their game," Fisher said.

"They are strong up front, they pick and drive well ... they've got width.

"They challenge you constantly and they challenge you in all parts of the field.

"It'll be a very, very tough day for us."

The Brumbies have recalled Sam Carter at lock and Nic White at halfback, both who started last week's match on the bench, while Michael Hooper has retained his place at openside flanker.

Carter was brought in at the expense of Scott Fardy, despite a solid contribution from the versatile forward in just his third Super Rugby match against the Chiefs.

Fisher said rotation would continue to be part and parcel of the Brumbies' selection process.

"We'll look across our squad and we've got to have faith in our development, faith in the quality of players, faith in our depth and give people opportunity."

Fijian-born Tevita Kuridrani is in line for his Super Rugby debut against after being named on the bench.

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/bre...322-1vlqu.html

vCash

Thumbs up Brumbies pass own test as Coleman awaits results Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/ru

ACT Brumbies backs coach Steve Larkham said the high-flying Super Rugby side might have surprised outsiders with its start to the season but it hadn't exceeded its own expectations by sitting on top of the Australian conference ladder.

And he was adamant there was no risk his young side would get ahead of itself either.

The Brumbies leapt above the Queensland Reds to be the highest-ranked Australian side after their 33-26 victory over the previously unbeaten Otago Highlanders on Saturday.

Larkham put the cohesive display by the forwards and backs down to hard work, pure and simple.
    ''[We're] exceeding everyone else's expectations I guess but for us we've been training now for a long period, the pre-season was very long and very intense and the stuff that they're doing on the paddock is a reflection of what we were doing in the pre-season, so it's just coming to fruition at the moment,'' he said.

Former Wallaby and rugby commentator Greg Martin agreed it was unlikely the Brumbies would get carried away with their win over the Highlanders.

''There's enough guys in the team from last year who would know, there's no getting ahead of themselves. They've only had one good win for the year, the rest have been close losses or close wins, they wouldn't be getting over confident yet,'' Martin said.

Meanwhile, Larkham labelled fullback Robbie Coleman a ''long-shot'' to return for Saturday night's clash with the Durban Sharks at Canberra Stadium.

Coleman injured his groin in the Brumbies' round-one win over the Western Force.

Larkham said the 21-year-old fullback was still a day-by-day proposition but didn't expect him to be right for the Sharks.

''Everything's progressing as we expect. With Robbie, some days are good some days are poor, the last five days or so have been pretty good for him,'' Larkham said.

''But again it's an assessment we have to make day-to-day and week-to-week. I don't think he's playing this weekend but we're still trying to push him to get back this weekend, it's long odds but there's a chance he'll play.''

When he does return it could force emerging back Jesse Mogg out of the squad. As a member of the extended playing squad, Mogg - who has shone both on the wing and at fullback since Coleman's injury - is only eligible to play when a fellow back is injured.

Blindside flanker Peter Kimlin limped from the field against the Highlanders with a cork just above his knee but is expected to play against the Sharks.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...#ixzz1qOsaCvWI

vCash
    We are able to make a place available for Mogg. Cheers Mud

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash

vCash

Brumbies to stop Reds

Brumbies stand todAy to go clear in the Aussie conference with a win over the Reds. The Reds with no form and endless injuries return home after a poor long tour followed by a belting by te force in Perth last week.

Adding to the Reds troubles they again will take the field without a quality goalkicker and playmaker, and also have had a short week to prepare and heal from their fruitless tour. Brumbies confidence is growing and combinations are forming well, theyre a team with belief.

Lealiifano's goal kicking has been outstanding he could easily close this match out for the Brumbies.
    Brumbies by +13 us offering 6-1 not a bad punt I'll put a lobster on that!!!

Cheers
    Muddie
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    One factor you've failed to consider Mud, Suncorp.....even last year the Reds weren't anywhere near as awesome away.

Matty Toomua is crocked isn't he? He's the best ten they've had since Larkham.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    One factor you've failed to consider Mud, Suncorp.....even last year the Reds weren't anywhere near as awesome away.

Matty Toomua is crocked isn't he? He's the best ten they've had since Larkham.
    Home ground advantage return to
    Pressure cooker for the Reds this week. Yes unfortunately Matty Toomua has done a knee and gone god the season however Christian Lealiifano is very good and has been playing fly for most of the seaon anyway. I do really feel for Matty and all layers who put so much in only to miss the seaon due to a devious injury. I hope he stays with the brumbies for 2013 .
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    [quote=mudskipper;308477]
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Matty Toomua is crocked isn't he? He's the best ten they've had since Larkham.[/QUOTE

Home ground advantage return to
    Pressure cooker for the Reds this week. Yes unfortunately Matty Toomua has done a knee and gone god the season however Christian Lealiifano is very good and has been playing fly for most of the seaon anyway. I do really feel for Matty and all layers who put so much in only to miss the seaon due to a devious injury. I hope he stays with the brumbies for 2013 .
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Bit early to be on the sauce isn't it?

I don't rate Lealiifano much, he's ok, but Toomua is the real flyhalf....so much so I'd reckon the force should make a play.....if he can get fit

C'mon the

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast