Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dave Pocock talks about Christianity and Homosexual marriage

Champion
    vCash

Dave Pocock talks about Christianity and Homosexual marriage

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Very. Some of the comments are disgusting though. How can someone call themselves Christian if they persecute someone else for something. I.e being a homosexual.

Live and let live ffs. Does it physically or mentally hurt or effect you (as a Christian) if someone else is involved in a homosexual relationship?
    Taking this one step further. Isn't denying them the right to be recognised as married and wanting to make that commitment to another human a sin? As you are denying someone a backs fundamental right as outlined in the bible.

If god made us all - as Christians believe - he made people gay.

The flyer that is posted around saying "I was born gay, we're you born homophobic" is probably the best description for this argument IMO.

More on this when I get to my computer. I need a keyboard...
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    ruffled a few fundamentalist christian feathers,thats for sure

vCash
    Backwards hicks... they are probably married to their cousin as they have the gall to question and persecute homosexuality
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    I think he may have the horn for Dorothy Day.........

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Very. Some of the comments are disgusting though. How can someone call themselves Christian if they persecute someone else for something. I.e being a homosexual.

Live and let live ffs. Does it physically or mentally hurt or effect you (as a Christian) if someone else is involved in a homosexual relationship?
    Taking this one step further. Isn't denying them the right to be recognised as married and wanting to make that commitment to another human a sin? As you are denying someone a backs fundamental right as outlined in the bible.

If god made us all - as Christians believe - he made people gay.

The flyer that is posted around saying "I was born gay, we're you born homophobic" is probably the best description for this argument IMO.

More on this when I get to my computer. I need a keyboard...
    Posted via Mobile Device

In the eyes of christianity (generally speaking) homosexuals are cast in the same boat as adulterer, prostitutes, and thieves. So denying them marriage would not be a sin.

Christians believe that God made man in his image. By that logic, if god made people gay, god himself is gay, and if all of man kind was made in gods image everyone would be gay ...

I personally don't have a problem with gay marriage. However, I can see how certain people religious or not are against it as it goes against their long held beliefs. Not only does the bible say marriage should be between a man and a woman, nature kind of implies it aswell.

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Veteran
    vCash
    marriage goes against most of nature...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    marriage goes against most of nature...
    Only if you believe in the Christian construct of marriage. In nature there are many species that will commit to one another for a lifetime (Gibbons, ducks, swans, angelfish, wolves, albatrosses, eagles - just to name a few).

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    I see the issue that the Church has and I concede there beliefs. No one has the right to force any idea on a person as this is a free thinking country where people can believe what they want to believe.

What I don’t like is the Christians seem to think that they own the right of marriage.

I was brought up as a Catholic went to church and to a catholic school. I have since moved away from away from the church and am doing my own thing.

The church tells that if you are not married with in a church and by a priest that god does not recognise you marriage, nor am I able to marry my partner in a church as she was not brought up a catholic. That is fine as it is the church’s belief and the church reserve the right to choose who can get married with in their walls.

What really pisses me of is when they then stop other people from doing things outside the church walls because they as Christian’s do not believe it.

This whole problem is a non issue. All that the Gay community is looking for is recognition of a marriage to the person they love the same as any "normal" couple.

If I a married with in the church and by a priest the church first recognised it then I have to apply the government for them to.

The church does not recognise any one who gets married say in a park, beach or Bali. So why can they have a say about a same sex marriage.

If the church does not want to A) Marry to people of the same sex and B) not recognise their marriage that is fine as it is there choice to do so.

But the Government must not heel to the church and its followers and stop Gay and Lesbian from other unions away from the church!

Rant over!

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    On another topic......I want K Rudd back

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    why am i not suprised by that

vCash
    Name:  Pillow Talk1.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  21.1 KB

Sorry, I'm bad.......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last edited by The EnForcer; 20-02-12 at 10:27.
    Just happy to be here

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Wrong Day, TEF ...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Wrong Day, TEF ...
    Oops........

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy View Post
    Only if you believe in the Christian construct of marriage. In nature there are many species that will commit to one another for a lifetime (Gibbons, ducks, swans, angelfish, wolves, albatrosses, eagles - just to name a few).
    Good point. Those natural commitments are all between a male & a female AFAIK. Except maybe eagles. Lot's of smart people think Eagles are gay.

If anyone is offended: This post is classified tongue in cheek - mostly.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast