Thread: Eggs Benedict Arnold

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Eggs Benedict Arnold

It's been a particularly hard week, what with having to deal firmly with a recalcitrant RumourMonger, defend Forceguy, and make excuses for Hansie, but I've meandered my way through it, and I'm refreshed enough after a weekend of shovelling landscape mix (with added chicken shit) to have another look at the local comp's progress.

Now I personally am not privy to much (nobody trusts me, and who can blame them) but a few snippets have come to my attention.

University are in deep doo doos coach wise. I mean, who would be advertising on the RugbyWA website for them otherwise, at this stage of the season? "We're farqued, and about to lose our second grade 'cause there's nobody in our club who knows jack squat about rugby to lead them. Won't you please. please take pity on us?". Player wise, Uni are ok. Half of the Republic of Ireland have made Uni their home (the other half are at Palmyra) and the overall numbers are good.

Which leads me to Perth Bayswater. Crawling with coaches they are. A heaving, seething worm farm of first grade coaching talent. But no players. Their third grade from three years ago are being bombarded with pleas to return to the fold with the promise of a first grade Jersey. Sadly, even WaterBoy is ignoring the call.

Why don't Uni and Perth Merge? Each has what the other has not. Think about it boys. The University of Perth Leprechauns has a certain ring to it.

Associates are doing the unthinkable. Nobody is supposed to know about it but... Soaks have recruited a number of non Caucasian players this season. Yes, unbelievable isn't it? The speculation however that this has necessitated their building a whole new shower block is entirely unfounded.

Kalamunda have gone feral. Six new ex NPC players arrived pre Christmas and three more due this week. Junior AllBlack recruiters eat your hearts out. Kala has staked everything on one roll of the dice.They are the Death or Glory Club and mess with them at your peril. Mind you Moley, Ratty, Badger and Toad did sort out the last Death or Glory Brigade of weasels and ferrets at Toad Hall back in the day....

Rockingham ... well, what can you say that the exceedingly unattractive RumourMonger has not already revealed? They are facing a year or two of rebuilding, and one can only hope they succeed.

The RooDogs have been beavering away under the radar also. Apart from snaring the support of ForceGuy, and recruiting a truckload of Kiwis of good and mediocre talent, they have delivered a coup de grace to Nedlands, snaring, I am reliably informed, the services of Neddies long time stalwart and former first grade coach Mr McKnight (yeah, yeah, I've forgotten his first name, I think it's Peter, but you know who I mean).

Other than that, and that Palmyra had about 33 players at training tonight, 30 of them Irish, that's all I can report.

Early days, though.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Looks like I might have a shot a Perth Baysie then...woohoo..I'm on my way..

vCash
    Attended our first training session at Wanneroo last night and we were pleasantly surprised Great turnout for pre season training for the juniors. Seniors numbers looked very impressive as well.
    Heard a story of some Japanese prop recruit and a desent number of Force squad/Focrce A and academy players names being mentioned.

vCash
    had our 1st training session last night - am too tired to type out an in depth report but good numbers and not bad fitness levels, apart from myself :p

vCash
    Would have been close to 35 players last night at Baysie

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    30 irish players and no boozer fulv .. no riots? lol

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    They're all rugby playing priests from the same Irish Seminary.

Sacremental wine only, and then on Sunday.

vCash
    So monetary cost to clubs to date on Fulvios sound information,
    Kala
    30 to 40k on players and a heap more on Hangi’s, boil ups and club jandals, I believe there may be a deal with Rugby WA as 3 of them have gone into the force A team, so $47.50 back from there.
    Rocky
    25$ and that was spent luring Gus to the bright lights of Lark hill (but is there anyone home for him to coach)
    Soaks
    20kish on players, 150k on new shower block and 250k on counselling for its dyed in the wool supports
    Neddies
    Round the 70k mark down from the usual 100k plus, due to added costs, with the addition of the throne room for Hansie to the building plans.
    West’s
    Free tee shirt, free bucketing bull ride and BBQ after a game, tho doing something right the word on the street is, they are getting a lot of young players coming to them.
    Cott,
    Flying under radar no noise from their yet, how long can their rabid supports keep that up for??
    The University of Perth Leprechauns
    15 cartons of Guinness, 100$ an hour for interrupters, 3k for medical bills, after they finish the cartons and want to punch on with each other
    Perth, 25k on coaches $175.00 on players and that’s to let the jerseys out for the return of 3rd grade
    Unie
    Big numbers lots of scholarships, rent, purchasing of second hand car lot, but no coaches
    Wanneroo,
    60 to 70k, but have they out Cotted Cott on bringing in a group of professional sausages turners for club days and promos, but there is the Japanese prop
    Pally
    30 Irish imports must be the non drinkers from Ireland or nobody has told them about the alcohol free club.
    I wonder if the other 3 were home grown talent (the 2 year residence rule applies, Hansie)

So interesting times a head

vCash
    Youse guys are just taking the piss.

I hate that ...

Rookie
    vCash
    That is the problem here lots of piss taking- surely we want to know what really is going down.

Neddies- Be nice to Hansie!
    Paly- a few of the Extended playing EWF playing group- front row, a NZ lock, flanker, a returning lock, two new centres. Don't beleive Fulvio's spin.
    Soaks- rumour has it a US Eagle & a few from Brisbane,
    Wanneroo- rest of the EWF extended squad plus plus.
    Rockingham a new coach.
    Uni- last I heard doing ok with coaches- good numbers so far on player front.
    Cott- a new scrumhalf to mention but a few
    Kala- you read the rumour mill
    Perth- who knows?
    Wests- flying under the radar as they have done so the last few years.

Champion
    vCash
    It's raining in Sydney - so my recruiting drive has been swamped with Tahs and others wondering what colour the sky is behind the clouds.

Actually am heading to Dallas tomorrow morning, the cowboys are really upset at not being close to the SuperBowl, so I reckon a couple of defensive refirigerators ( they spell 'em differently there) and a quarterback that can get a lineout throw to our outside winger and we'll be set.

Have a great one guys - I shall be incommunicado most of the time for the next 8 weeks, freezing my ballsacks off - was pocketpicked long long time ago - in St. Petersberg and Moscow.

Good luck to all of yoose and cheers for the feedback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Engage! View Post
    That is the problem here lots of piss taking- surely we want to know what.
    Engage, With most posts here there is a *Modicum of truth to them, and after the tone of some of the posts in "poached eggs" a little bit bit of humour from "piss taking" is a good thing?
    and in my years involved in Perth rugby not untill the first comp games kick off do tho's at their own clubs really know whats going on with players.

vCash
    'crept Rocko, couple of years rebuilding ohhhh yeahhhh, sounds like the best pre-season in living memory!

C'mon the

vCash
    re Cott - a flock of birdies have been tweating that they are in strife with a number of their young up and comers who did well for them last year are off to the East in search of fame, fortune and frolicks. Tweaters talk of 5 players vanishing just like on the good old days....

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    'crept Rocko, couple of years rebuilding ohhhh yeahhhh, sounds like the best pre-season in living memory!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.