Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Poached Eggs.

vCash

SBW coming to Wests?

Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    in regards to ur sarcastic dig SBW don't every club alighn themselves with a school
    Can't agree with Westie more, If SBW's comments hadn't named Wests, I was thinking of at least two other clubs where it's common for players from a particular private school to move to a certain club because there are links there with current schoolmasters. where's the problem.

I thought the big gripe was about players being poached - in terms of setting up a "feeder" system, I thought the Wests/Aranmore model was a pretty sound idea. Looking forward to slinking down there a few times this season.

Rather than guess, if people are really upset that one of their players has left the club, if you've got a good relationship with them - ask them, they may tell you.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't know what the deal is now, but a few years ago a young Pally player went to Aranmore.

His stepfather, a staunch Pally man, who was paying the fees, was pretty pissed off when his son told him he was given the ultimatum by the school of either playing for Wests or not being eligible to play for the school.

I have names.

Apprentice
    vCash
    in regards to ur sarcastic dig SBW don't every club alighn themselves with a school and yes the pupils at Aramore are directed to wests whats the problem they don't wanna play at wests whats the problem the problem i have is who would have as their user name SBW a man who epitomises everything thats bad about our great game doesn't know if he's want's to box ;play league ;go to toulon again;latest one is play in south africa ;basically over hyped over paid over rated one trick mercenary you would be better of to change your user name to something like I dunno westie man is cool or I wanna' be just like westie man
    PS about half of wests starting 1st grade this season went to aranmore
    Again the comments of the indigant few justifieing their stance and launching personal attacks.
    1 it was not a sarcastic comment a statement of fact nothing more.
    2 what junior clubs where those players prior being offered scholarship to aramore playing in your firts, i do believe Perth bays water neddlands would be some of those clubs
    3 i helped rebuild a clubs under 14 and 15s teams after they won there grade and then where raided of thier players to play for aramore but had to play for west or no scholarship.
    4 didn't this policy and assistance almost drive your club to the wall?

6 and here's the kicker i actually admire what's wests have done in the last couple of. Years in rebuilding and getting players to the club and have made that comment to people who know me.
    7 i am all for clubs growing and getting stronger but not for the sake of raping and pillaging other clubs.
    8 I also agree with other comments here if you provide a good environment, coaching, people your club will grow and you will retain and attract.

Again I will restate my comments the thinking of the now will not produce long term benefits for a club or club rugby because we will always do what's easy.

Last edited by SBW; 04-04-12 at 21:31.

vCash
    in regards to ur sarcastic dig SBW don't every club alighn themselves with a school and yes the pupils at Aramore are directed to wests whats the problem they don't wanna play at wests whats the problem the problem i have is who would have as their user name SBW a man who epitomises everything thats bad about our great game doesn't know if he's want's to box ;play league ;go to toulon again;latest one is play in south africa ;basically over hyped over paid over rated one trick mercenary you would be better of to change your user name to something like I dunno westie man is cool or I wanna' be just like westie man
    PS about half of wests starting 1st grade this season went to aranmore
    That's one of the problems you have, and fair enough.

The more pressing problem is that keyboard you are using, which is clearly missing the punctuation keys. Arrow Computers can probably help you; there's a store just near you.

vCash
    Actually Ecky, you have a similar problem with your whistle, what with it only blowing in one direction, and then constantly.

vCash
    Very harsh mate - I haven't even been to a Paly match in yonks!

There's always this season....

vCash
    And that's cost us a pretty penny, I can tell you!

Champion
    vCash
    Geeezz SBW relax didn't realise u would take things so serious and it wasn't a personal attack on you unless you are the real SBW

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19