The Brumbies are hoping that one of their new Super Rugby recruits for the 2012 season, Ruaidhri Murphy, will bring them the luck of the Irish.

Joining the Brumbies after playing his way through the Irish aged-grade system and a two-year spell with English Premiership side Exeter has hardened the young prop into a quality scrummager and able defender.

But it's his move to Canberra and to the Brumbies that Murphy is most proud of. 2012 will provide the young bookend with ample chances to impress and he is fully aware of the opportunities that await him.

"I've settled in nicely, living in Kingston with the vast majority of the team has been a great way to get the group together," Murphy said.

"Most of the boys live within one or two blocks from my front door so there are plenty of coffee opportunities.

"We're living in each other's pockets spending most of the day together at training and then away from rugby too so we've all become pretty close in a short amount of time."

If you are struggling with the Celtic spelling of Murphy's first name don't feel like you're alone.

Rhuaidhri - or 'Rory' as it would have been spelled had he been born to Australian parents - has proudly represented Ireland at Under 19 and Under 20's but is now keen to wear the gold of Australia.

It will take some time to gain residency and to be classed Australian by the IRB, but that's not a problem for Murphy as his development into a world-class prop steadily continues.

"Moving to Canberra has been a good opportunity for me to come to terms with what it takes to be a Super Rugby player in comparison to what I've played before," Murphy said.

"I learned tough lessons on professional rugby while I was young - I was involved with some of the best set ups in Europe at Exeter and Leinster.

"But being in Canberra, preparing for a Super Rugby season with the Brumbies is the dream. It's where I want to be and what I want to do with my life."

Ruaidhri Murphy
POS: Prop
DOB: 5/7/1987, Dublin
H/W: 1.87m, 119kg

http://www.rugbyweek.com/news/article.asp?id=33328