Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quarter final... your thoughts?

vCash
    Weepu could play 10, Cowan to start.
    That in itself is a pretty formidable combination
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quade will bounce back and be his usual best against the AB's.. maybe it all got to him..

That said i think its a lesson learnt..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yeah, not to knock McCabe, because he was outstanding in what he did, nut we need Nerrick to start to provide a safety valve for Quade Cooper. We need to be able to stick Quade at 15 in games like that one!

But how good was David Pocock, there were significant portions of that game where he carried the entire team on his back.....

More Force means more wins
    if Quade can't do it... he shouldn't be there... Wallabies don't need another player on the field worrying about Quade, Didgy is already doing his defense... Last time he played at Eden Park he had a shocker as well. lets hope he turns it around because Deans is unlikely to change the line up.

Pocock was brilliant... Genia was good... Sharpies work rate was excellent for the time he was on the field.

vCash
    Henry has called up Donald...

vCash
    Nathan Sharpe is a beautiful creature, I swear to God if Deans doesn't start him I'll wear a black jersey this weekend coming.

Berrick was exactly what was needed when he came on, Quade should have been left in the sheds at the break, he was crap-tastic. Genia was also a load of tripe. Vickerman and Horwill both need to learn to control their shoulders, and that being 6ft7 or whatever is no excuse for tackling around the neck.

Ben jelly-spine Alexander makes front rowers everywhere cry, which is no small feat.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Weepu could play 10, Cowan to start.
    That in itself is a pretty formidable combination
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yep, if I was an all blacks supporter I would want them to go with that.

I rate Dagg a lot more dangerous than Mils as well so they haven't lost anything there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Miracle victory so lets focus on the positives for next week.

reasons we can win

1) Pocock
    2) Lineout will never be that bad again
    3) Cooper will hopefully not be that bad again
    4) No Carter or Slade
    5) McCaw carrying an injury
    6) ABs have never beaten us in WC
    7) THE CHOKE
    I was trying to think of positives for the Wallabies, too. Earlier in the tournament I had a go at them for only being able to win when they dominate - in the last four years I can't remember them winning a game when they were the lesser team. Well, they won ugly yesterday. I don't want them to make a habit of it, but winning teams know how to win and somehow get themselves over the line.

vCash
    well thats 6 wins in a row against the Boks... so at least that trend is also continuing

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    My thoughts then, having had time to process...

If nothing else, let's hope that finally puts paid to the persistent myth that Australia is the "smart team". They are a lot of things, and that defensive effort was immense, but that was absolutely the stupidest rugby I have ever seen in my whole life. Endless, endless kicking away of possession, none of it deep enough to gain territory but simultaneously all too deep for the fall of the ball to ever be contested. If the intent was a territory game, then they definitively failed as they had neither ball nor territory. It can't possibly have gone to plan; as incredible as that defensive effort was, even a little composure should have seen the 'Boks run in two tries minimum. The Wallabies put in a great tackling effort with a couple of individuals playing genuinely outstanding games, but they got very, very, very lucky. Play that game again 100 more times, they wouldn't win it once.

Still, lucky or not, the fact remains they are still there while most everyone else has gone. Next week, next opponent, let's hope Genia never kicks another box kick in his career. We kick that much ball to the AB back three, we might see the first 100 point scoreline of the cup. We can only hope that the ABs prepare on the basis of that performance and there is actually another game plan that boils down to something more than "hope Pocock is awesome". We know the Wallabies are capable, let's hope that knowledge preys on the minds of our Kiwi chums, and have at the buggers when the whistle blows.

Oh, and much as he should have been hooked from the ground, Cooper was there at the death in case the dropkick was necessary (like we could have got into their half...) - Heaven help us if it comes to that.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I think the whole squad was nervous. For all his defensive heroics, Genia was not his usual calm self, taking poor options and kicking poorly. Cooper was flustered all game. I think they were both worried they may be on the plane after the quarters.

Whereas now, we have nothing to lose. The Blicks are favourites. We have done well to get this far. We can now throw the ball around, have some fun, and know we have the defensive ticker to repel very good attacking raids.

We're in the box seat for an ambush. The Blicks will be the anxious ones this time.

Go you good thing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Oh, and much as he should have been hooked from the ground, Cooper was there at the death in case the dropkick was necessary
    Berrick Barnes can slot 'em as well as anybody.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    You aren't the only one!!! My hubby had to give me CPR!!!...No I know I am going to at least see the boys play..from a purely selfish stand point..and I will be screaming my lungs out on behalf of you all back here..!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    ... Sharpies work rate was excellent for the time he was on the field.
    I'll say, check out the Australia Player Stats here. Sharpie - on for 27 minutes and made 15 tackles. MoM Pocock made 27 in 81 minutes. Let's hope Deans gives him more game time.

Champion
    vCash
    Sharpies got to start!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Nathan Sharpe is a beautiful creature, I swear to God if Deans doesn't start him I'll wear a black jersey this weekend coming.
    What if he is not even in the team?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast