Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Berrick Barnes to give way to brawn

vCash
    standby my statement Wallabies need a solid center pairing and McCabe and AAC are the guys for the job against the Boks in Wellington... Ant faingaa is a fine player but AAc offers more in attack.

You will see Digby run inside/outside next to Cooper, slotting in as an inside back or running receiver... Digby plays as an NFL running back back to Quade Cooper and he doesn't play an traditional wing role. I'm starting to think some of you watch games with only old school game tactics in mind, buy a bigger tV or sot closer to the screen , haha...... or just look closer, each player should complement the other, not mirror the another, McCabe game covers other play needs for the Wallabies.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Pretty big generalization there. Ok Mudskipper you are right and we are all wrong...

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Actually I agree with Muddy on one point he made in the last post. AAC is better in attack than Ant Faingaa, however the discussion wasn't about that, we were talking about whether McCabe is more value to the Wallabies than my granny........and it's a tough choice!

C'mon the

vCash
    I think I was right... McCabe set up the first try and defended like a demon...

vCash
    Hard to argue with McCabe's game on Sunday Muddy, he done pretty good. Berrick, however was what we needed, there's a difference between having a good game and being the best guy for the position. mcCabe didn't take ANY pressure off Quade in attack and provided a solid, if not great defensive effort. When Berrick came on he took several goes at first receiver, shouldered a fair bit of the kicking responsibility and in defense did his job whilst allowing Quade to concentrate only on the last line, the high ball and counter attack......end result, McCabe played a great game, I still would have had Berrick!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I think I was right... McCabe set up the first try and defended like a demon...

I think not. One passable game does not a spot cement
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    How much of the ball did AAC and Ioane see? Beale and Rabbit got the ball when they left their position and came inside McCabe. McCabe plays crash-ball rugby. i don't know if it was accurate, but someone said on Sunday that he'd passed the ball twice all tournament! How does that help the Wallabies' chances?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    How much of the ball did AAC and Ioane see? Beale and Rabbit got the ball when they left their position and came inside McCabe. McCabe plays crash-ball rugby. i don't know if it was accurate, but someone said on Sunday that he'd passed the ball twice all tournament! How does that help the Wallabies' chances?
    Totally agree. You have teh pace out wide and let McCabe crash run all day.. sorry but for the sake of one or two dominant tackles the loss of ball to the outside backs needs to be addressed. Barnes to start and McCabe, if fit, to run hard lines with 20 to go after the ABs have run out of fly halves.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    If we were all pace out wide with no options like McCabe to bust it up, we would be pretty easy to read and shut down. Barnes can't do that nearly as well as McCabe and given his concussion history you wouldn't want him to anyway. Play it in reverse- McCabe for 50-60 and Barnes on to run around defenders or to offer more options in attack.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Still think that AAC can be the bust up runner but will have the option to offload to DI or JOC outside or Barnes on the inside. McCabe offers no options baring crash ball. He wont pass and as such it is far too easy to shut down. options are needed not just bruising the opposition

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Just some food for thought. Was the problem McCabe's lack of a passing game the problem? Was it more the case that our fly half simply had one of his "offest" days in a couple of seasons? I'd suspect the game plan will be for Paddy to run his usual lines. Cooper will use him as a decoy and put the option runners into space when the ABs have tasked a defender to assist with trying to hold him up.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quade cuts out the inside centre when he moves the ball... that’s one of the reasons Deans put McCabe in as a direct running /defensive centre... think about it team... you know it makes sense... thatttt's why Deans is such a good international coach at the RWC... Wallabies by 5...

Quade has a good accurate long pass... thats the play... thats what makes it hard for the position to mark the Wallabies backline... especially when Beale and Digby run inside lines... I hope we are getting the plays now team... This is what Deans is shooting at... Barnes came on and made up for Coopers poor kicking... Barnes strength is his game under pressure... Barnes is a fine player and will help the Wallabies win on Sunday just like Sharpie...

This will be in the press tomorrow...

Last edited by mudskipper; 12-10-11 at 18:07.

vCash
    Mccabe is a useless sh1te
    he makes Cooper look bad because he jogs up, gets smashed, we get a slow recycle and we kick it
    Cooper needs some options to work his magic
    Mccabe missed more tackles than an English club team
    He is farking useless at best and with a dodgy shoulder should be bought a ticket home
    The wallaby backs have been toilet since Mccabe was given the 12 jersey
    He's worse than useless. You might as well pick Dunning at 12
    We won't beat any Allblack side with a one armed McCabe at 12

Controversy corner

vCash
    i think McCabe had a good game did what he was put there to do. He did however miss a couple of tackles on his opposite number. If we wanted a 12 who just crashed it up and was big in D why isn't big Stirling in there, he could fill that role better than McCabe

GRAB YOUR MATE!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    i don't know if it was accurate, but someone said on Sunday that he'd passed the ball twice all tournament!
    Actually, that's not correct. Seems he offloaded once during the quarter-final and that was his first for the tournament.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3