Thread: Recall gives Sharpe a spring in his step

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Recall gives Sharpe a spring in his step

NICK TAYLOR WELLINGTON, The West Australian
    September 22, 2011, 6:31 am

Getty Images ©
    Western Force captain Nathan Sharpe is closing in on his century of Wallaby appearances after being selected for the game against the United States tomorrow.

Sharpe, whose 97th Test will be his first at this World Cup, said his selection was as thrilling as his Wallabies debut nine years ago against France.

He needs no more motivation to keep going in the brutal ball carrying role than simply being able to pull on the Wallaby jumper.

He is also quite happy not to be carrying the "old man" of the squad tag. That now belongs to No.8 Radike Samo, who at 35 is two years older than the Force second-rower.

"All the motivation I need is to be ready for the opportunity to play," Sharpe said.

"That's all I focus on. I could not have got myself any fitter. When I got the call it felt like my first Test. I can't wait to get out there."

Force teammate Ben McCalman gets another start in the No.7 jumper, with David Pocock still not recovered from a back problem.

Coach Robbie Deans has been forced to make two late changes to his side with blindside flanker Scott Higginbotham hurting his back at training and reserve hooker Saia Faingaa with the flu.

With injuries to Digby Ioane (broken thumb) and James O'Connor (hamstring), and captain James Horwill rested, Deans said the side had picked itself.

"You have an idea in mind but things in this industry never unfold the way you anticipate and you've got to roll with that, you've got to adapt, and that's what you've seen this week," Deans said.

"It was easy because you only pick those who are fit and able."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...g-in-his-step/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Here to a great show, give it your all Sharpie, hopefully Deans watches for a change

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion
    vCash
    Robbie will look and see, then in the following game against the USA he will continue to pick vickermann, instead of Sharpe to team up with Horwill.. or at least have sharpe on the bench with simmons on the team... please can we have vickermann fight a case in court instead of attempting to fight for the wallabies.