Thread: Dear Robbie

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Dear Robbie

Dear Robbie,

Congratulations on reaching your 50th Test as Coach of the Wallabies.
    Can I start by saying what a choice job you’ve been doing since you first started working for New Zealand Rugby in 2008. It has been a long-term task, but the plan to ensure the All Blacks win the World Cup at home in 2011 is coming together perfectly.
    My idea of getting you to be hired by Australian Rugby as their national coach and then sabotage the Wallabies from within, in my own modest opinion, was an absolute masterstroke.
    While our plan had many doubters, I always knew in my heart that the Aussies would fall for it. After reaching 50 tests as coach on the weekend, I think its only fitting to mention what I think is your top 10 highlights of sabotage to date:
    1. Losing to Ireland
    2. Giving Rocky the captaincy of the country he hadn’t played for in over two years, then stripping it off him right before the World Cup
    3. Losing to Scotland
    4. Not even getting close to winning the Bledisloe Cup back
    5. Not picking a backup for Pocock in the World Cup squad
    6. Never using the Wallaby bench effectively
    7. Not having a back-up game plan
    8. Using words like “contest, willing, collision, contact-zone, adaptation” to describe rugby
    9. Losing to Samoa
    10. Winning only 54% of all your games as coach of historically one of the most successful teams in Rugby
    I can’t believe after all this they then extended your contract for a further two years?!?!?! How they didn’t work out our plan after you coached them to 10 Bledisloe cup losses in a row is full credit to you and were all very proud of you back at home bro.
    Well done once again and as planned we’ll see you at Ritchie’s after the World Cup to celebrate pulling the wool over the Aussies' eyes.

Cheers

Graham Henry

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    You did not mention his idiotic refusal to include Sharpie in the run on team, nor even on the bench. Not even Deans could argue against the fact that he is one of the best line out exponents in World rugby.

vCash
    Thanks for that TIF. Now I'm really depressed. ..............

............jest kiddin'.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    11) Allowing Giteau situation continuing until RWC selections
    12) playing McCabe at 12 all season and at RWC
    13) not selecting Barnes or JOC in centers even against minnows
    14) allowing chip kicks, box kicks and grubbers into the game plan
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joblot View Post
    You did not mention his idiotic refusal to include Sharpie in the run on team, nor even on the bench. Not even Deans could argue against the fact that he is one of the best line out exponents in World rugby.
    Masterstroke replacing the best performing lock in Australia, with Vickerman that had played all of twenty minutes super rugby in the past three years and had played at the most elite level at colleges in the UK, sorry Robbie Elite was meant for the Uni status not the level rugby played there.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Masterstroke replacing the best performing lock in Australia, with Vickerman that had played all of twenty minutes super rugby in the past three years and had played at the most elite level at colleges in the UK, sorry Robbie Elite was meant for the Uni status not the level rugby played there.
    I wish someone would ask him the simple question as to "Why"...during the press conferences...

Champion
    vCash
    thought we had seen the worst when Eddie Jones left... not sure if my eye sights got any better after watching the Irish game but Robbie "Still a Kiwi" Deans aint doing much better in my eyes.

Champion
    vCash
    From a supporter I've seen the following incorrect things happen.

a) Digby injured and in a cast, a minimum of 4 weeks (lost of game/s & fitness) why not rush another player into the RWC (like a David Smith who is in the middle of the French season and we know he can be a weapon)

b) Picking players out of position or differently from there Super Rugby season (Faainga-AAC-McCabe etc)

c) Picking players who are injured or have played limited game time in Super Rugby season (vickermann-Palu-PalatauNau-Mitchell etc)

d) Continuing to put in a performance seen only at club rugby (scrum-kicking ball away-chip kicks inside 22 etc) and doesn't make subs till the 70th minute, we are watching rugby not soccer aren't we ?

e) Continuing to have players who miss penalties-Conversions etc (Cooper -JOC) when we have plenty of replacements who can take over and better (barnes-beale)

.. my hump for the day, for why Deans is still a KIWI and always will be, even if the wantabees win the world cup (not this time around IMHO) he is still a KIWI and a replacement is needed to take us forward... Yes the depth might be in australian rugby but the best 22 should be picked not telling us week in week out we have a good 30 man squad who will take us far.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    masterstroke by robbie to throw the game against Ireland,enables us to have a hitout against some decent opposition in the quarters & semi before taking on the Poms in the final

vCash
    M favourite Robbie Deans moment was after the loss to Ireland when he was heard to say "Ireland showed us what we need to add to our game if we are to be successful in this tournament".
    My question is Didn't England do the exact same thing to us in the 2007 world cup right before Robbie was appointed coach?
    This was what he was hired to fix
    Another mistake was giving him an extension before the World Cup. This is a green light for Robbie to fail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Another mistake was giving him an extension before the World Cup. This is a green light for Robbie to fail.
    Agreed. If Australia win Deans would be very hot property and could command a higher salary, but if Australia don't win, you've got the choice to either release him or re-sign when the ARU can negotiate from a strong position ('cause they'll be lots of other coaches lookign around). Signing a contract before the world cup just shows the ARU are living in the amateur era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Signing a contract before the world cup just shows the ARU are living in the amateur era.
    Or they are as cock sure as the Gen Y Wallaby backs. Hope they are on the money.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David