Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: XX Bar

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

XX Bar

So as we come up to the second World Cup in the life of TWF and I mark my 20,000th post, it seems somehow fitting to draw breath for a little while and contemplate where we have come from, where we are and what the future may hold for this remarkable community.

It has been said in various ways before, but I feel really privileged to be a part of such a dynamic group of folks, who are so passionate about a team and a code and for the most part, so welcoming of others who want to join the fun. I strongly believe that, while all of our members are special to us, the reason we have a real heart and soul is due to the fact that many of us now know each other in real life, not just as faceless unaccountable hermits in dimly lit rooms.

For those who have not experienced the goodwill (and a snagga sanga!) at the Bowlo on match day, or familiar friendly faces at JB’s on any day of the week, you are really missing out.

Likewise, for those of us who haven’t toured, we all take a small piece of voyeuristic pleasure in the hearing the (no doubt limited and censored edition) exploits from the Innforcers Tours. Hopefully I can learn the “secret handshake” and get the flash shirt next season!

Then there is the efforts put in to the Quiz Night, which by all accounts is an annual highlight, another I am yet to witness myself.
    And as for the TWF Awards Night, it has already become a respected fixture among the players and I think that is the ultimate praise of all.

There are many other spokes in the wheel that makes this community function, but all of those spokes come back to the hub, our fearless and humble leader, Coach. The amount of unseen, behind the scene, time, effort and resource this bloke contributes to provide this fixture of our lives is astounding. While we do have a couple of valued sponsors these days and many have put their hands in their pockets and gained the “Contributor” title, this combined contribution is a mere gesture compared to the true value we are fortunate to be given by technoguru Coach. As we approach TWF’s 6th Birthday (15th September) I would ask you all to consider the value this site brings you each day and then consider making a contribution back. Coach cringes and hates it whenever we bring this up, but every bit helps, no matter how big or small.

All things have a lifetime and different stages through that journey. As with TWF having grown and evolved, so too has things evolved for me. I joined this place on the 3rd of October, 2005 as the 39th member. Of those 39, only seven others have signed in this year, with Coach, #8, Larry and Gunny passing the 1000 post mark. They were fun days in those early months, mostly forum virgins like myself, never in a million years thinking you would be seen dead on “a chat site”, talking about a hypothetical team without a name. Over time many characters have come, sadly some gone, but there always seems to be some subplot bubbling along behind the scenes. Toxic local Club jibes, insider information, dodgy “sauces”, alibis, real life friendships, real life romances!!!

Along with lifelong friends, I have caught up with TWFers in Edinburgh and Washington DC, stayed with two others in Sydney and Perth, worn my TWF jersey with pride from Rugby School to the Grand Canyon and Buenos Aires, and attended two weddings and a handful of birthdays. I’ve had a lot of laughs throughout and amazing support through some low times recently. What more could you ask for?

Early in the piece Coach asked if I might help him out a bit as a set of eyes and ears, something those in the know called a moderator. To me it sounded more like a bouncer! Without really knowing what I was getting in to I agreed and so began a life of split personality, balancing passionate rebuttal with dispassionate moderation. I’d like to think people (mostly) knew which hat I was wearing at the time! The bouncer analogy is somewhat fitting, as I have always maintained my judgement on appropriateness of comments being if you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face after a few beers down the pub then don’t say it on here. There haven’t been too many writing cheques they can’t cash.

And so, as the 20k ticks over, and with a fair warning to Coach and the other Mods, I am making the decision to take a back seat as other parts of my life increasingly demand my time.

With Coach’s blessing, I am not relinquishing Mod duties totally, but I am allowing room for another willing sucker... sorry, volunteer...to step up to the plate and help keep this well oiled machine rolling in to the next six years and beyond!

It has been a great job, though the Boss is a Nazi and the pay lousy, and it has been a rewarding experience.
    Thanks for all who have given their support over the time, it is good to have the feedback.

That’s it, as you were, and-

GO THE FORCE!!!

If you are keen to be considered as a Moderator then please be in contact with Coach directly by Private Message as we will be using the period through the World Cup and leading up to SR kick off 2012 to make the final decision for the latest edition to the Mod ranks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash

here, here
    congratulations on you fine effort as a moderator over the years, whoever follows has huge shoes to fill.
    even though it will take a little longer, here's to another 20k posts

<>

vCash
    Congrats on the 20,000th post Burgs.

You are most valuable around these parts - I have learned a bit more about the game we all love from you since I joined back in 2007

Whilst you obviously have other priorities at the moment I am looking forward to the next 20k

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    real life friendships, real life romances!!!
    Not to mention the first TWF wedding which has lead to first TWF conception.....yes Harry and EmForcer are having a baby

Oh and congrats Burgs, the place wouldn't be the same without you

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Burgs..good stuff.

vCash
    burgs
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Congrats on 20k posts Burgs, your efforts have been appreciated by all.
    Hope all goes well for you in the future.
    Cheers Buddy

vCash
    Burgs

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Congrats on the 20K Burgs, having shared the experience of a force win over the chiefs with you and miniGIGS, I can honestly say I've never met a nicer bloke, and mini can also say you drink a lot of beer (at least he did that night)

Both of which I count as compliments.

Don't be a stranger!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I remember that night

vCash
    'twas a good night (a shit-hot debut for the mighty K-Bomb as well, making Neemia Tialata stand up and take notice of a young bog an from Rocko)

Cowbells theft and a fair old headache the next day...... Good times!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Thanks for the generous words folks, the cheques are in the mail
    Don't worry, I won't be far away (insert the Force/Batman picture?)

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    congrats on the big 20,000 burgs, your clearly worthy, of your immortal title......

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Well done mate. Love Petals

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Wow, 6 years and 20,000 post. I had no idea you had that many post, ever since the boss went to those letters I've been confused. I'm sure Coach is very proud of how he turned you into a computer geek. You caught on quickly and were a good student. While others are still trying to master copy and paste after all these years.

Although many miles away from Perth and clueless about the sport. I've had the pleasure of drinking beer, eating some black Irish shit and watching a match at 7:00 am in NYC and in Philly with a fellow TWF'er. Also I was lucky enough to spending a couple days in DC with you and your traveling band. One day I'll make it down there for a Force match, a few beers at JB's and a trip to the station.

Go the Force! F' the Tahs
    Go Wallabies! F' the Poms

I'm going to pull my Wallabies jersey and hat out of the closet and cheer them on as they bring the WC back to where it belongs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast