Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: “Thank u ballboys, thank u linesman! That's it...”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    On field or off field?
    both... lets hope he is past it after the brain snap at eden park..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Giteau is a team cancer that got what he deserved.
    That is why his pouting face isn't going to be seen on the bench as his ability probably warrants, he shit in his own nest once too often.
    He was a brilliant #12 during the 2000's but he was never the messiah and believed his own press too much.
    your better than this burgs...

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post

Captained the Baa Baas victory
    This was his brightest moment. Carved up the All Blacks in that one.

Still, for someone to engender such polarising opinions, there must be something amiss with his personality.

vCash
    Robbie: No feud with axed Giteau

ROBBIE Deans dismissed talk of a personal feud with Matt Giteau as "nonsense" yesterday as the outcast five-eighth said he'll continue to be ready to help the Wallabies' World Cup campaign if needed.

Giteau released a statement late yesterday reiterating his thanks to teammates, coaches and family for their support over his 92-Test career.

"It has been the greatest privilege of my life to play for my country, a childhood dream and I hope I have given much enjoyment to many," Giteau said.

"Obviously I am very disappointed not to be in the Australian Rugby World Cup squad, it is the pinnacle of world rugby and I will miss it greatly. Having said that, I wish our team the very best of luck and if there is anything I can do to help their cause in any way whatsoever, I am ready, willing and able."

Deans confirmed Giteau would remain on standby for the World Cup, and would train with the Brumbies to stay fit.

The Wallabies coach rubbished suggestions Giteau's omission was due to attitude problems.

"(His attitude is) exceptional. You don't get to play 92 Tests and have that sort of longevity in the game without a good attitude," Deans said.

Deans was nonplussed about Giteau tweeting his omission from the World Cup squad and also refused to detail exactly why the Brumbies playmaker was left out.

"I don't want to go into specific details. It's tough enough for him to swallow without picking over that as well," he said.

Wallabies squad members said Giteau was unlucky to miss out but could still be involved if there was an injury and Deans appeared to suggest he'd be next in line if there was an injury to an inside back.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226117823924

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    This was his brightest moment. Carved up the All Blacks in that one.

Still, for someone to engender such polarising opinions, there must be something amiss with his personality.
    High achievers are often challenging its in there nature… Matt Giteau has been a headline from when he started professional rugby to when he finished with the Wallabies.

vCash
    Matt Giteau has been a headline from when he started professional rugby
    With a number of sacked Coaches in his wake

Coincidence?

vCash
    .... Wallabies squad members said Giteau was unlucky to miss out but could still be involved if there was an injury and Deans appeared to suggest he'd be next in line if there was an injury to an inside back.
    Headlines of the near future?

"Barnes Coshed Into Unconsciousness"

"Phipps Injured In Blackjack Mistake"

"Giteau Taken For Questioning"

Go The Force!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    With a number of sacked Coaches in his wake

Coincidence?
    And he made the Force a team worth watching... something other signed Wallabies didn’t achieve in the west... AKA Canon... Get over it the cynical Giteau crap... he gave more to the Force than he even got in return...

vCash
    You on the sauce again Muddy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    You on the sauce again Muddy?
    Ouch... sorry...

vCash

Lightbulb Ashley-Cooper 'shattered' by Giteau's omission from World Cup squad

ADAM Ashley-Cooper says he is ''shattered'' his long-time friend Matt Giteau won't be involved in the World Cup campaign.

Giteau's omission continues to be a big talking point three weeks out from the tournament, with former Wallabies forward Owen Finegan writing in yesterday's Canberra Times that Giteau had been the victim of an ''inconsistent selection policy'' which was ''definitely not fair on a player of Giteau's calibre''.

While coach Robbie Deans has insisted the decision to leave Giteau out is not personal, there has been long-term speculation that the two have a personality clash. Former Test coach Eddie Jones also suggested in a Brisbane newspaper yesterday that Deans' assistant David Nucifora ''may not have forgotten Giteau's part in his demise at the Brumbies''.

While not criticising the coaches' decision, Ashley-Cooper said the Wallabies would miss having Giteau for the tournament.

''I'm certainly shattered for Gits, being very close mates with him. There's nothing he wanted more than to be a part of the squad and the campaign to New Zealand,'' Ashley-Cooper said.

''To have that experience and talent left out of the squad is tough to handle, not only for me, but it must be very tough for him.''

Ashley-Cooper had a poor final season in Canberra as the ACT Brumbies experienced their worst Super Rugby campaign, struggling to make an impact in the centres and then on the wing. However, Ashley-Cooper said Giteau's efforts had been exceptional.

''It was one of the toughest campaigns we've had, but he was a star performer week in week out and led from the front. It's so disappointing for him.

''It's out of his hands, to his credit he's remained upbeat and positive the last few weeks.

''Given the way the game is there's a lot of injuries and I'm hoping he gets to represent his country one more time.''

Ashley-Cooper has shown some signs that a return to his best is not far off, however, Finegan and others have said that he is one of a handful of players picked on reputation rather than form.

Ashley-Cooper said he was gradually finding a better rhythm on the field, and he said the team's belief ahead of the tournament was strong. ''We certainly have the expectation of reaching the semi-final and the final and I think you have to have that confidence and that belief. It's everyone's goal to get there, but it's important to focus on each day once we're over there and each game,'' he said

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...d/2265132.aspx

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Giteau's omission continues to be a big talking point only on one website who has a single member that just wont let the matter drop.

The same member has shown a unhealthy form of man-love for Giteau and if he hadn't admitted to being married - you would certainly question his sexual orientation.

There is a hope that he will build a bridge and get over it. But that's unlikely.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...d/2265132.aspx
    Give it a rest muddy, please

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Give it a rest muddy, please
    Exile, I already have a wife... enjoy your rugby...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    I sitll remember going to Subi and seeing Gits play the first game for the Force i had seen at 12 with James Hilgendorf playing at 10. He stepped two players around the defence and scored under the posts. What a awesome player.
    I thought Jimmy got the try. Was that the game that MG had a field goal attempt after the bell that missed by about two suburbs and we lost by a point?

vCash
    Hilgendorf got the try under the posts v highlanders. The game with the missed drop goal after the siren was against the lions.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast