Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rocky must have read the bad press

vCash

Rocky must have read the bad press

Well I always give praise when its due Rocky stepped up a level tonight He tackled well and was playing the loose forward roll ... The wallabies play well and yes mistakes were made but far better performance this week but still need to go another level..
    The ref was a little bit wayward in his calls but great to see Rocky be the Capitain and ??? the calls and give advise.... Sharpe and Howill gave the scrum Sability and what a great scrum when Samo held the ball at the back thats the rubgy I like.... The srum gave the platform for the backs tonight still some handling errors and confusion in the backs but Butch James was basicly aiming for QC so it slowed the game down... The bench was not used just 2 changes what a waste but boy did Fainga make a mark and Samo also

I will say to James did you send all the negative post to Rocky and tell him he needs to pick up or get out coze if you did well done

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Credit where it's due, Rocky was pretty good this week. Higgers seemed to be the ordinary one.

I still thought he was pretty weak as Captain though, the word with the Ref I hear on the telly was pretty soft and he wasn't the guy talking in the huddles.....that was Horwill, Sharpe, Pocock and Genia.

C'mon the

vCash
    The scrum was pretty even until PDV took duplesis off and put Smit at tighthead. He also took Brussow off who was a menace at the breakdown. PDV what a dumbarse.
    Higgenbotham was pretty messy at the back of the scrum. The reason why the reds gave up on that idea. Theres no way he could have controlled the ball at the back the way samo did when our scrum was rolling forward.
    I actually thought McCabe was allright especially in defense. AAC is way out of form. Faingaa came ut on fire. Start faingaa at 12 and McCabe at 13.
    I would also like to see Turner start with JOC sitting on the bench..
    Alternatively try Turner on with Ioane at 13 and fainaa at 12?

Last edited by Hoolly Doolly; 14-08-11 at 08:49.

vCash
    Elsom was good. Well done Skipper. If he plays like that every game, he can stay. It was refreshing to not see him standing on the wing for the entire game.

McCabe can tackle but he gives us nothing in attack. He can't tackle as well as Faingaa. Faingaa has incredible athleticism. He is so fast and balanced and he hits low and hard. he tackles them behind the advantage line and creates opportunities for counter rucking.

I thought Samo was good when he came on. He's huge and he puts some sting in the defence. The bloke is in form, so pick him.

We'll take any win in Africa. I thought we left another 20 points on the field....again. Missed opportunities nearly cost us that game.

Hopefully the Bokke will angry-up and belt the Blicks to give us a chance to win the Tri Nations.

Controversy corner

vCash
    AB's will probably recall Carter, richie and others for the brizzy test.
    Agree with you rex. Faingaa to start made much more sense at the beginning of the season. Atm the odd one out is Adam 2 dads. McCabes game is much more suited to 13 anyway. Ashley-Cooper is invisible atm, but that might be because McCabe often dies with the ball in hand or Cooper fires out a cut out. Who knows.
    Would also like to see a second plamaker at 12 have at least one game outside of cooper before rwc.whether it be jOC,Gits or barnes etc

Last edited by Hoolly Doolly; 14-08-11 at 09:07.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    That was the first 16 vs 16 rugby game I've ever seen. The Wallabies + Pieter de Villiers vs the Springboks + Bryce Lawrence. Honestly PDV- What the f**k? However guys like Jean de Villiers or Victor Matfield are as captains can't be as bad as John Smit's scrummaging as a prop. Take him off when Bismarck comes on. Brussouw was a pain, wasn't he? I wouldn't like to play South Africa in the World Cup for the reason that it won't be long before he can play the full 80.

It was definitely a much better game than against the ABs. Handling errors were abysmal as was some of the decision making e.g. Alexander not throwing the ball wide near the try-line and instead popping the ball up off the ground.

I thought Elsom was pretty reasonable. Still a lot of improvement necessary but definitely better than last week and hopefully will be better next week. Still question him as captain though. McCaw and Smit talk to the refs with such decorum but when Elsom does it he just sounds like a whinger. Ahh well at least the next penalty after that talking to went against the Boks.

Ant Faingaa was great as an impact player. Some of those tackles were awesome. But I don't know if he would have been half as effective as a starter. He read the play against a fatigued team and although his flying up out of the line worked it is also a bit dangerous. Besides, don't we want players who can come on and do that on the bench? I think McCabe does a lot that he doesn't get a lot of credit for. AAC on the other hand has been average and hasn't been getting better week to week. Haji- I agree with you completely. AAC at least makes a great bench option in a 5-2 bench split.

Props to all the forwards. Samo deserves a chance for a run on start. What is with O'Connor's form both kicking and on the field? The only good thing I saw him do was his contribution to McCabe's try.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Rocky Elsom had a great match and showed good leadership... now take us the final Rocky and keep those cocky little backs in line... your the captain...

vCash
    a better match by Rocky but how many times was he burned off the scrum by the Boks' back row/

B-

vCash
    How about the Ch9 coverage? If you're a talking head watching for the start of a half, throw over to the coverage so we can see the effin' re-start?

Same when you muppets throw to a commercial; how about a really quick commercial so we don't miss any of the game?

.....and I do wish Kafer and his colleagues would at least do a Level 1 referee course so they may comment with a modicum of knowledge fo what the call was for. Or wasn't.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah. That Swisse add goes on for a while and it was on about 8 times.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    i wish we had different commentators

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    who commentates the channel 9 feed ?

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Making a great 30m run and then giving away a penalty does not equal a good match.
    Having a reserved word to an ineffective Ref does not equal a good Captain.

There was an improvement but I still say he is not at the level required to deserve either a starting position nor the leadership of his nation.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    ...I will say to James did you send all the negative post to Rocky and tell him he needs to pick up or get out coze if you did well done
    Well done Rocky. He had all manner of media writing him off, not just this esteemed forum of course, but just about every media commentator was on his back. He silenced the critics and showed some mongrel. He's on track form wise now, just hope he keeps progressing.

He'll never be a John Eales but I'm sure we'll all cheer him on if he hoists Bill up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    who commentates the channel 9 feed ?
    Channel 9 just telecast the Fox Sports feed
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast