Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablets etc

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Just picked up a SG 10.1 with 3G. Close call with TIF's Xoom because of the bigger memory for the buck. Guess we just stuck with Samsung cause we have Samsung phones and they're OK. Happy so far.
    who is the carrier and which plan do they have ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    (That's rhetorical Jargs.....and GIGS).
    Don't know what you're on about

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    rhetorical hey!!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Speaking of which; anyone done an update lately for the Google Maps App? The changes to the permissions seem pretty invasive to me. Or am I just a tech challenged old fart? (That's rhetorical Jargs.....and GIGS).
    Tech challenged....mate if you read the text in the dialogue box and didn't assume it said press ok if you want this window to close, then you're far from tech challenged in my books

Old fart.....no comment

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    who is the carrier and which plan do they have ?
    Well it's running on an Amaysim prepaid data sim on Optus network. The original point I was making was in reference to the changed permissions needed to update the Google Maps app. Seems a bit too much access to your system. But I'm pretty clueless on that stuff

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    The original point I was making was in reference to the changed permissions needed to update the Google Maps app. Seems a bit too much access to your system. But I'm pretty clueless on that stuff
    I gave up worrying months ago, given the nature of the tablet re accessibility and privacy, it becomes a question of whether you need the application (and by extension, the tablet) or not. Abit of a blasé attitude but let's me get on with enjoying "stuff" and leave the worrying and sorting out to others.

vCash
    Well it's running on an Amaysim prepaid data sim on Optus network. The original point I was making was in reference to the changed permissions needed to update the Google Maps app. Seems a bit too much access to your system. But I'm pretty clueless on that stuff
    Yeah, I generally say access to your system for something that needs to do a bunch of useful stuff like Google maps (assuming you find the app useful) won't be a problem on an OS that has been pretty much written by the same programmers and they could easily have left a back door into your system without telling you about it.

It's not the apps which come clean about what they're doing to your system that you really have to worry about.

Ps you do have a security/virus solution in place don't you?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Yep, Lookout. Might PM you with a query, though.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Gigs, do you have a recommendation?

vCash
    Well I've done some reading & for what it's worth (ie the opinion of a tech challenged old fart) I think I'll ditch Lookout and go with Avast for Android. I use the pro version at home but the Android suite is free. It's got some good wraps.

I've had some problems installing the lost or stolen add-on to my phone (thought I'd try that first - Samsung Galaxy also) though. It need to install to the system root and my phone won't let me - so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Gigs, do you have a recommendation?
    I think both avast and avg have droid clients.....being that they also handle the PC market, they likely have the resources to do a fair job in the tablet world as well

C'mon the

vCash
    Well I've done some reading & for what it's worth (ie the opinion of a tech challenged old fart) I think I'll ditch Lookout and go with Avast for Android. I use the pro version at home but the Android suite is free. It's got some good wraps.

I've had some problems installing the lost or stolen add-on to my phone (thought I'd try that first - Samsung Galaxy also) though. It need to install to the system root and my phone won't let me - so far.
    Bugger the lost or stolen extension, just get where's my droid from the market, no need to root your phone and provides all the security you'd want (including a setting to puk the phone if the sim card or the number is changed)

Before anybody asks, yes, I am aware of the euphemism potential of this post and I assure you everything I've posted is PG

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Xoom 2 just popped up available on telstra's website today

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I've the got the Samsung Galaxy 10.1" WiFi 3G 64 gig happening and very happy.

(No..not you happy. )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I've the got the Samsung Galaxy 10.1" WiFi 3G 64 gig
    Panthip Plaza special TG?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast