Thread: Rossouw set for Brumbies?

vCash

Post Rossouw set for Brumbies?

Danie Rossouw, one of the few senior players on tour with the Springboks in Australasia, may play Super Rugby for the Brumbies next year.

The 33-year-old Rossouw will head to Japan after the World Cup, where he will play for Japanese club Suntory - which is being coached by Eddie Jones.

However, new Brumbies coach Jake White has asked his good friend, Jones, to loan the 55-Test Bok utility forward, Rossouw, for the 2012 Super Rugby season.

The Brumbies have lost the services of Wallabies second row forward Mark Chisholm (who is heading to France) and utility forward Mitch Chapman (off to Japan).

This means White is in desperate need of an experienced forward and Rossouw, who played for the White-coached 2007 World Cup winning Boks, fits the bill perfectly.

Apart from their long-standing friendship, Jones also assisted White at the 2007 World Cup, which means he may look favourably on the request to allow Rossouw to move to Canberra for a while.

"That's one thing we would obviously look at, but Danie has to commit to it," White told The Australian newspaper.

"He has just finished a Super Rugby campaign. He is going to Japan. I want Eddie to be happy with the fact there is a win-win for him as well.

"A guy like Danie Rossouw, if we could get a deal, that would be fantastic."

White said he had approached several South African and New Zealand Test second row forwards, but they did not want to commit themselves before the World Cup.

"I approached a couple of the South African boys and I approached a couple of the Kiwi boys. Top internationals. But they are sceptical about putting their hand up in case they jeopardise their [World Cup] selections," White told The Australian.

"It would be fair to say in Australia generally there are not too many second row forwards around. I found in Australia a lot of second row forwards are very young. I'm trying to get a more experienced guy.

"I'll wait and see who I can get to fulfil that role. I would rather get a guy into my squad sooner rather than later."

http://sport.iafrica.com/news/743371.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    He would be a excellent pick up if true. Always rated him way ahead of that other Bulls Douche.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!