Thread: Brumbies to announce signings

vCash

Thumbs up Brumbies to announce signings

The ACT Brumbies are set to announce today the recruitment of NSW Waratahs loose forward Ben Mowen and Western Force hooker Siliva Siliva on two-year contracts.
    Mowen, a No8 and blindside flanker, will further fill the void left by the departures of Rocky Elsom and Mitchell Chapman.

The 195cm, 26-year-old former Queensland Red has been highly rated this year, having bulked up from about 102kg to his current 115kg.

He will join Brumbies captain Stephen Hoiles, first-year revelation Ita Vaea and powerful recruit Fotu Auelua in what is shaping as a highly competitive battle for the No6 and No8 jerseys in 2012.

Mowen's departure from NSW could open the door for Elsom to return to Sydney after two seasons in Canberra.

Siliva, meanwhile, will serve an apprenticeship under Steve Moore as the Brumbies' back-up hooker.

He has just returned from duty with the Australian under-20s at their World Cup in Italy. He was highly rated for his efforts there by coach David Nucifora.

Another Brumbies forward on the rise is rookie lock-flanker Tom Alexander, who has been called into the Wallabies pre-World Cup scrum camp in Sydney.

In a huge show of faith in his potential, Alexander, the brother of Wallabies prop Ben, has been involved in live scrummaging practice ahead of the naming of an initial World Cup squad on Sunday.

The Brumbies involved in the camp were the Alexander brothers, departing prop Salesi Ma'afu and hooker Steve Moore. Elsom, Peter Kimlin and Dan Palmer were unavailable through injury.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...s/2217268.aspx

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Already Announced:

The CA Technologies Brumbies have taken another step towards securing their playing roster for the 2012 Super Rugby season by signing Ben Mowen and Siliva Siliva (pron. Sel-ee-va) to two-year deals.

Mowen is a former Australian Under 21’s Captain (2005) who has also represented the Waratahs and Reds at Super Rugby level.

At 115kg and 1.95m he will add a huge presence to the CA Technologies Brumbies pack, while his ability to play at blindside flanker or No 8 are also enticing aspects of his game.

“It’s exciting to be given the chance to work with a young, up-coming group at the Brumbies,” Mowen said.

“The Brumbies faced a few challenges this year, but I’m sure it has made them stronger as a team and I’m looking forward to building on that over the next couple of years.”

After speaking with Head Coach Jake White, Mowen knew the CA Technologies Brumbies was the “right fit” for him to grow his rugby.

“I’ve spoken to Jake a couple of times and that’s what sealed it for me – his enthusiasm and his commitment to making sure we are well placed from day one to be competitive,” he said.

“My immediate goals are to get to know my new team mates and to work towards forming a side that can have a serious crack at the Super Rugby competition in 2012.”

Siliva comes to the CA Technologies Brumbies having been a star performer for the Australian 20’s team and a key member of the Force’s Academy in 2011 at hooker.

A player with enormous potential, Siliva has spent the past week at Wallaby scrum camp getting to know some of his future team mates like Ben Alexander and Stephen Moore.

And despite being the youngest member of the CA Technologies Brumbies 2012 squad, Siliva’s performances for Australia at the recent Junior World Cup were eye catching.

Weighing in at 110kg, Siliva will have the good fortune of refining his game in Canberra with Moore, one of the world’s premier hookers.

“Being able to work with such a talented front row was really appealing to me when the option came up to play for the Brumbies,” Siliva said.

“Players like Ben Alexander and Stephen Moore have been around the international scene for a few years now and it’s a great opportunity for me to be able to learn from them and become a better front-rower.

“It’s going to be a young team, but there are a few old heads in there too and I’m looking forward to playing rugby with the Brumbies in Canberra.”

Ben Mowen
    POS No 8
    H/W 1.95m, 115kg
    DOB 1/12/1984
    SR 43 (42 Waratahs, 1 Reds)
    Club Randwick

Siliva Siliva
    POS Hooker
    H/W 1.77m, 110kg
    DOB 11/12/1991

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Brumbies to announce signings

Please see reply #1 here................

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Please see reply #1 here................

sorry don't understand shasta

However I must say I do like that Coach is doing my work for me now

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    no no no, you do my work for me - you're just really shit at it

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    no no no, you do my work for me - you're just really shit at it
    haha I thought you'd pick that up... cheers m

You know I do hat I can here...

vCash
    Well seeing as you dont go to games you have to shown your support somehow
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    sorry don't understand shasta
    Just say "Please explain".

OK let me be more precise. The first reply (reply #1) in that thread was "Who cares." There I spelled it out for you, Mud.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Just say "Please explain".

OK let me be more precise. The first reply (reply #1) in that thread was "Who cares." There I spelled it out for you, Mud.
    Take an enlighten ride ... and enjoy..