Thread: New Headquarters

vCash

New Headquarters

Whilst posing as a removalist to overhear the EWF end of season reviews, I did actually have to move some furniture over to the new headquarters.

I must say the new place looks GREAT!

Frankly I am amazed that over the past few years have been able to attract any new players based on the facilities they have had to endure.

Facilities built for the 1962 Empire Games really don’t cut it for a 21st century Rugby Club.

Kudos goes to the staff, management and players for having to put up with such facilities for so long.

I really do hope that the “Sea of Blue” gets an invite to the opening.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    or maybe the latest InnFORCErs as a thank you for the support in Melb....

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Its amazing that a simplet highly cunning plan such as disguising ones self as a removalist is so effective for getting the goss.

I'd love to be the removalist at JOCs playboy pad!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    of course it was also going to have a field to replace perry lakes;but alas....

vCash
    So we have a new office but no field - I think I have missed the raison d'etre

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    So we have a new office but no field - I think I have missed the raison d'etre
    the land to be used as the rugby field was found to be contaminated

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Arse Nick?

vCash
    & old lace

vCash
    Then clean it dear liza dear liza then clean it

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

WA RUGBY AT HOME IN WORLD CLASS FACILITY

RUGBYWA MEDIA RELEASE
    Thursday, 14 July 2011

WA RUGBY AT HOME IN WORLD CLASS FACILITY

RugbyWA received the keys to its new $17million home today in what is the biggest advance for rugby in the state since the introduction of the Emirates Western Force.

The world class facility is purpose built for RugbyWA and includes all the strength and conditioning, rehabilitation, education and administration requirements to take WA rugby to the next level.

The Western Australian Rugby Centre will not only be a massive boost to the elite performance needs of the Emirates Western Force but also coaching, refereeing and grassroots development.

“We are extremely grateful to the State Government for their commitment to the thorough planning and execution of a project that has delivering a truly world class facility,” said RugbyWA Chairman Russel Perry.

“The Western Australian Rugby Centre will enable RugbyWA to continue to develop the code across the entire spectrum of playing, coaching and refereeing from grassroots to the top level.

“There has been an overwhelming positive reaction from our administration and professional rugby staff to their new surroundings and I’m sure our other stakeholders will be just as impressed with what they’ll see.

“This is without doubt the most significant event for rugby in WA since the introduction of the Emirates Western Force some six years ago,” Mr Perry added.

Participation numbers in WA have grown by more than 50% since the Emirates Western Force arrived on the state’s sporting scene and there are 55 venues around the state hosting matches each week.

The Super Rugby programme has also enjoyed success in delivering the national set-up 10 new Wallabies in just six seasons, a figure that will no doubt continue to grow with the combination of the wonderful facilities now on offer and a talented squad of players in Perth.

West Australian Premier Colin Barnett and Sport & Recreation Minister Terry Waldron officially opened the WA Rugby Centre and said they looked forward to the new facility aiding the growth of rugby.

“I am very excited about this opening and what it means for this State’s rugby faithful,” Mr Barnett said.

“In terms of rugby, this facility along with $88million in upgrades to nib Stadium will be of tremendous benefit to Rugby WA and the Western Force, and could very well be a catalyst for our State becoming an even greater force in this growing sport.”

Mr Waldron said the facility would be a major addition to the rapidly evolving high performance precinct at AK Reserve in Mount Claremont. The project was started by the previous government as part of the Perry Lakes Redevelopment.

“When combined with Challenge Stadium and the UWA Sports Park, this trio of facilities provide a world-class sporting precinct to support West Australians’ participation and achievement in sport at all levels,” Mr Waldron said.

Not only state of the art in terms of its rugby functionality, the WA Rugby Centre is also environmentally friendly and incorporates photovoltaic cells for power generation, solar passive design and low energy lighting.

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 14-07-11 at 15:04.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!