Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Season 2012 Your expections.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I would accept more wins than losses and no final 10 minute losses.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Finals

Rex expects

Controversy corner

vCash
    I Dont care really, this season taught me one thing... Patience . When we make the finals.. And we will.. It will be all the sweeter. Its much easier to jump ship from a successful team that loses its way than from a perenial struggler..
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    More wins at home. (And some renos on our quasi stadium)

Player
    vCash
    just train the boys for the last 10 minutes scenarios, we've seen all of them and all of a sudden 5/6 more wins

vCash
    I expect to be told how much the players are hurting when we loose. I expect injuries to be used as an explanation for poor performances. I expect that our marquee player will be a disappointment, I expect that RG will to continue to use the JM playbook, I expect to be treated like a Muppet by Rugby WA, I expect not to have a new rugby stadium, and I expect to finish ahead of the Brumbies. I expect that again I will renew my membership and that I will attend every home game where I expect to drink weak beer and with good company whilst watching the only team I have expectations about

vCash

After that - I'm going to expect the unexpected.

vCash
    We now have a base team that can win super15 games. No matter how many injuries we get, we know we can still throw a competitive team out there. Could we say that at the beginning of the season? No. As soon as JOC/Ripia/Shepherd were out, we were left completely clueless.

The last few weeks of the 2011 season were extremely beneficial. We now have some good options at #10, huge centres (who are now trimmed for S15 rugby) and some quality outside backs. Plus, we are still to sign more players with the spare JOC money.

With most other clubs suffering a loss of players in the off season i think we should be looking a little higher up the table in 2012. Top 3 in the Oz conference again would be nice, possibly 6-7th overall. We have the best backrow in the comp at times, if they can put together a backline we will be solid.

I'll go and watch the games regardless of how they go. Super15 rugby at NIB stadium never disappoints. Hopefully they can turn it into a bit more of a fortress next season though.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfiep View Post
    I expect to be told how much the players are hurting when we loose. I expect injuries to be used as an explanation for poor performances. I expect that our marquee player will be a disappointment, I expect that RG will to continue to use the JM playbook, I expect to be treated like a Muppet by Rugby WA, I expect not to have a new rugby stadium, and I expect to finish ahead of the Brumbies. I expect that again I will renew my membership and that I will attend every home game where I expect to drink weak beer and with good company whilst watching the only team I have expectations about
    PERFECT!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Well, for the first time ever, I'm going to have to say that I can no longer kid myself - I expect we will be very ordinary next year and probably no better than this year. I would love nothing more than to be wrong, but we are six years in now and the weight of evidence is discouraging. Things have changed much over that time - players have come, players have gone, coaches have changed, management has changed, the ground has changed. The one constant is that the Force keeps opponents in the hunt and then fails to close out matches. Even with the number of games we've failed in this year, there we were in the last 10 minutes against the Rebels giving them uncontested ball to run at us, over and over. Against anyone else (and very nearly against them)...

It happens every year, with not a single lesson learnt or a change in the plan. By the classic definition we must nuts. But much like the Waratahs we have a style and stick with it through thick and thin, except that theirs is nearly good enough and ours is anything but. At least the Reds were capable of making a change and, even if it doesn't fulfil all their aspirations, it will get them close enough to have a crack and has been a big success regardless. Because that is the other thing that has changed. For whatever reasons, our attendances continue to slowly dwindle. We may be down to the hard kernel, many of which are represented here, but I know of at least three folk that could be fairly described as rusted on that are seriously considering not bothering next year. They played it, love it and haven't been tempted by any of the competitors - they just aren't sure they can take the constant disappointment any more. As one of them observed, it would be a lot easier if the team was simply utter shite. But they are not, they are underachievers, and that is so much harder to take. And even rust will flake off if you wear away at it long enough.

vCash
    I think mid Australian conference is acheiveble. Perhaps more with some win confidence. Especially a few tight wins!

The distractions are gone now, this group can step up with some hard wins.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Exceptions... brumbies do much better...

vCash
    We have culled most of the nancies

2012.........top 6 for sure

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    We have culled most of the nancies

2012.........top 6 for sure
    Who are the nancies we still have?