Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JOC might have stuffed up here...

vCash

JOC might have stuffed up here...

Where will he go?

Rebels, have the money no doubt especially as Cipriani is goneski. But they have no coach.......So not really a team moving forward even with Beale. At best they might reach finals in 3-4 seasons. Not the best choice for an aspiring Rugby great. A mercenary yes.

Tahs, Not interested.

Reds, they'd love him for the right price, but the RIGHT price. Where would they put him? They hold all the negotiating power so James would be pushing it uphill to get as good a deal there. But maybe he would take a pay cut? I highly doubt it as recent history has shown. But maybe he is not really fussed on a winning team environment, hence the probable move to the Rebels.

Brumbies, well, need I say more, a total basket case. That would kill his Rugby career. They don't even have the money, Gits anyone?

Force, if he had a brain, he would have stayed. Sure, they are rebuilding but have a great Rugby environment that WILL produce results in the next 2-3 years even with Dick Cunning at the helm.

I think James has snookered himself here and risks falling into the Rugby journeyman doldrums. God help him if injury gets him, Shep used to be injury free at one stage too. He will spend one season at the Rebels, will have made minimal progress as a player then play this same silly negotiating game with them again next season. This time with less to negotiate on. Lets face it, what club would want him after the distraction he brings?

He will be in the NRL in 2 years unless he has the season of his life next year.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Only place he has any credibility in the developing his rugby frame is the Reds......Tahs don't want him (or at least don't want to pay squillions for him) Rebels and Brumbies, as Bronsk so eloquently put it, are shit and the Force have sold him to sign or piss off..........a run for the money anyone.

Shit, even Tim Horan has been saying he should stay at the Force for the good of Australian rugby!

Let's rebuild a Rex based backline, Hard grafters who will play as a team and do what the coach says without building their own public profile. No animosity yet, but I don't think Rabbit's manager has done him any favours advising him to walk the same road as Gits at such a young age.

C'mon the

vCash
    I may be wrong - but isn't his dad his manager?

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    His manager is clearly on a percentage type salary.....might sting him in the @rse
    Your net worth drops when there is only one bidder. I hope melbourne lowers their offer. He might like snails and frogs legs?

Controversy corner

vCash
    Maybe the Tahs will come back into it what with Beale off to the Rabble and Barnes unlikely to take the pitch again. There could definitely be an opportunity at 10/12/15.

vCash
    I dunno about the Tahs, they seem happy with Carter at 12 (I'm sure nobody outside NSWRU understands why, but they do) Rabbit has proven not to be a 10 (At least yet) and world class 15s are pretty much a dime a dozen, so his price would be well inflated if they were looking at that as an option.

If they wise up and throw Carter to the wolves, maybe, but I don't see that happening, he must be engaged to the chariman's daughter!

C'mon the

vCash
    Carter matches the style that NSW rugby indoctrinates in its system from under 8's. bang it up hard in mid field and kick it. The whole state is run by waratah HQ in a conservative and boring style. He is the protege of the system..........but farking useless.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    his lawyer is conducting contract talks with EWF........

vCash
    I have heard from a bloke at the pub who knows the guy who cleans the changing rooms at the mens all over waxing clinic who overhead sven the swedish sack back and crack guy talking to JOC about his future, and this what he told me that he heard, he has signed with Mundine as his promoter and is joining SBW in Mundines boxing stable and is looking to move into the ranks of pro boxing after the world cup payday!
    i know he has fast feet when playing rugby and fast hands when tweeting but really dose this make him a boxer?
    Hmmm oh way only time will tell at least the force not gonna have to play agaisnt him.

Prospect
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    his lawyer is conducting contract talks with EWF........
    I don't think the Force would be interested, they have stated they are now moving on and have ceased all negotiations. He will have to carry the stigma now of thinking he is bigger than the game. His problem to deal with.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Come on Lexx, admit it, you heard the story at the Swedish waxing clinic.

Was it bikini line or armpit?

Champion
    vCash
    Clearly he has been ill advised. 4.5 months to end up in a lose lose situation is just plain dumb. He never will be bigger than the game and whilst the Force lose an exciting marquee player - they'll have a few dollars more in the bank to create another 2 JOC's. As for Rabbit his value has just dropped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    business manager David Shand

vCash
    I'm sure JOC doesn't even know what a KPI is, so who ever has been advising him needs needs a good kick up the ar$e. He's a good player, but he's young and unproven, internationally. What a farce.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Who's the Lawyer conducting negotiations?

Isn't anybody conducting player negotiations supposed to be RUPA accredited?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast