Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Western Force vs Queensland Reds: Match Report 2

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Lost direction when Sharpie went off. Then okay till Charles and Wykes went off with about 13 to go. Then pressure on Whittaker and Hockings to see the game through.
    Subs never had a chance to get into the game.
    Also hate to say it........Quade is pretty good and with Genia we look good.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I didn't know who was speaking, I'm guessing ever Reid or Redpath, but did anyone else hear some imploring members to re-join for next year, non-members to join, and sponsors to get back on board... I wonder if the Force are in a bit of financial strife.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Sigh. Another case of the one that got away. Sadly for us Cooper had one of those X-factor games where his flashes of brilliance really lifted the Reds at key moments. On the bright side of things, if he can continue that for RWC, the Wallabies have a really good chance at taking home the silverware.

Veteran
    vCash
    no one has blamed the cooach in this thread.. and it was one soft try and one no-try...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I'm with the conspiracy theory. We let a Reds west aussie win the last lineout that lead to the try to ensure that the Reds for the home semi.

(Gits won't play the game so we did )
    And we thank you for that.

It proves that Giteau was never a decent enough bloke to play for the Force.

Veteran
    vCash
    They kicked a lot more in the second half, wheras in the first we were happy to attack from inside the reds territory. Most kicks we lost ground, and too often the kicks went straight to cooper. They have to stop the tactics change, keep attacking and don't let go of the pill.

I think
    JOC kicked too often in the second half, was that his decision, or was it a team choice. (perhaps he is going to the reds )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I didn't know who was speaking, I'm guessing ever Reid or Redpath, but did anyone else hear some imploring members to re-join for next year, non-members to join, and sponsors to get back on board... I wonder if the Force are in a bit of financial strife.
    Thought the speech was very odd. Can only guess that we are short of cash, but it all sounded very desperate!

vCash
    I thought it was Geoff Stooke post game when Vern Reid was presenting him with 2 diamond
    seats for life

Maybe just worried about the member base shrinking, Sport is results driven and the Force have only had 1 winning season in 6 years
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Ahh ok. It's better from a departing official. It's when the current ones are begging that you have to worry.

There was some Growden talk (yeah yeah I know) about a franchise going cap in hand to the ARU with financial issues. By my count that makes it either the Force or the Brumbies. I know we haven't been doing great but I didn't think we were doing that badly. Just wondering if it was us.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I would have thought it was a decent chance - we made a loss again last year and the crowds are down again on that. Put like that, I guess there is a tiny scrap of comfort in those people in a position of power probably being even more distressed than us by the team's inability to hold their water and get the job done.

vCash
    It was disappointing to lose but the bigger picture, is that it is good for Australian rugby. Hopefully, the Reds can kick on and top the Super rugby tree and win their semi, host a home final and win it.

Carn the Reds

Liam Gill is 'ard. One to watch. It's great to see QLD rugby strong again. Great for the national interests.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Nick Cummins couldn't catch a cold. Must have been dew on the ball. The bloke dropped everything last night. Nice hair though. The Reds didn't seem to have trouble catching 30m torpedo passes.

The secret to the Reds is they run straight. The Reds backs create overlaps by having their runners run straight as an arrow. The way they create space and overlaps is pretty to watch. It's just dead simple stuff too.

Watching Giteau run 15 sideways everytime he gets the ball for the Brumbies and then turning up top watch the Cooper lead Reds backline is chalk and cheese. The Reds are a masterclass in backline play. They seem to create space and numbers evertime they move the ball........and it's because the midfield runners run straight. Simple but seemingly a forgotten art in Australian rugby. Thankfully the Larkham, Giteau influence is almost deceased (Larkham still coaching the ponies though)

I can't stand inside backs that drift and run sideways.

I almost enjoyed watching backs play last night

Controversy corner

vCash
    There was some Growden talk (yeah yeah I know) about a franchise going cap in hand to the ARU with financial issues. By my count that makes it either the Force or the Brumbies. I know we haven't been doing great but I didn't think we were doing that badly. Just wondering if it was us.
    Im thinking more waratahs.

vCash
    The Queensland Reds have added another win to their march towards the Super Rugby finals with a heart stopping 24-21 victory over the Western Force. The home side looked the goods going into the final 10 minutes with a 4 point lead; however as was so often the case this season, the Force couldn’t hold on to take victory. It was a thrilling match and the sense of disappointment in the loss is somewhat consoled by Queensland consolidating their place on the ladder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    It was disappointing to lose but the bigger picture, is that it is good for Australian rugby. Hopefully, the Reds can kick on and top the Super rugby tree and win their semi, host a home final and win it.

Carn the Reds
    Logic tells me you're right but I'm having trouble feeling consoled at the moment, maybe in a day or two.

The Force is my one and only team, and if they're not in it, I don't much care what happens.

It's been a difficult season, worse than last year I reckon.

But I will continue to be loyal supporter.

The boys head to Melbourne next week for the last hurrah, and a small wave of the Sea of Blue is going with them to be loud and proud whatever happens.

Last edited by WF1964; 12-06-11 at 14:45. Reason: fix typo

vCash
    Would have been nice to go out on a win last home game, but what a night out and a great game of rugby.

My daughter's teacher won his class 60 tickets to the game so 30 10 year old kids + 30 Dads went along together. I had one ear tuned to 6PR and the other fielding questions from the Dads about what just happened - good opportunity to educate the "other" code lovers on the finer game! We were in the front row just in front of where Sidey's floating pass to Cullet was picked up by Cooper Sharpie's exit pivitol and Quade's brilliance difference on night.

Great for fans to meet with players afterwards, with many staying on after they were scheduled to leave. Had to laugh at all the girls feeling BamBam's guns!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast