Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fire Graham

vCash
    Yeah I have the exessivley expensive (seriously, how much are a good pair of headphones lately?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?$ headphones. But it's the passion that would have been a disturbance
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Ripia is shite
    Stannard was quality. I haven't seen a Force 10 play so dominant ever...........include Gits/JOC. The bloke has massive ones.
    Swanepoel (how do you spell farking saffer names) was awesome. He's a real tough cookie......fast, tough, a real sweet pass. The bloke stepped in and ran the game like he was a veteran of 100 games. The performance was polished.
    2012 starts here. I'll back Swanny and Stannard for 9 and 10. They were awesome.
    I expected that performance
    Swanny, Stannard, Sidey and Delitt are hungry. They played like their lives depended on a win. They believed and backed themselves. Amazing what desperation and commitment can do. This club is built on this spirit. Quiet achievers who give 110% and fear nobody and give scant regard to reputations. They train their bollocks off and when they line up they are ready and fear nothing. How hard does Dellit hit in defence? The bloke has taken his opportunity and made every post a winner.
    It's time we stopped hiring useless mercenaries like Ripia and washed up hacks. The Force is about opportunity and lets back the young fellas.
    Can't believe I'm quoting Rex, but he's spot on. Swanepol was excellent - a real contrast to Sheehan's ponderous service. Stannard took it to the line and was always a threat, unlike Willie "kick it or shift it wide" Ripia. And Paddy Delitte was awesome, stopping Nonu in his tracks a few times (no mean feat). David Smith was again a stumble away from a double - shame he's leaving, just starting to hit his stride.

Hope Stannard and Swanepoel get rewarded for their performances and Graham doesn't go back to the "same 'ol, same 'ol" next week.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Paddy Delight. I like it.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Yeah I have the exessivley expensive (seriously, how much are a good pair of headphones lately?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?$ headphones. But it's the passion that would have been a disturbance Posted via Mobile Device
    Yeah, even with my headphones on, my house, the neighbours, suburb know when we score

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Jombi, can you do it better?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    YES!

I was drunk then (what's that say about Bronski?!) so after watching it again here goes;

First of all when we see our best attacking Rugby with out third flyhalf and our best backline player out of the squad it says something about the coaching staff and whether they can actually get 110% out of the players.

We've obviously got a good team, just not a good overall coaching setup.

We should hire Eddie Jones.

Now you're all probably laughing but think about it, he actually won a S12 title and could contain the ponies. Just look at what has happened to them since Larkham & Gitaeu came back!

I brought up the ball because Coach hasn't told me how much it went for.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Eddie Jones inherited a high quality team from Rod MacQueen. Sure he did win a title but he proved when he got to the Reds that he isn't superman and he also proved that when he isn't superman it is everyone else's fault but him.

Give Graham a chance. This was his first season as head coach with a backline that bares little resemblance to last year's.

vCash
    Eddie Jones did not inherit a high quality team from McQueen - that's like saying McKenzie inherited a high quality team from Dwyer.

Eddie Jones built an slightly above average team to giant beaters, and he did it by taking chances. All we see these days is the same old crap unless someone gets injured and a force is changed, but then when they're fit they just slot back in.

The exact same thing applies to Canter today - how retarded was blackadder for starting McCaw over Todd?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post

Eddie Jones built an slightly above average team to giant beaters, and he did it by taking chances. All we see these days is the same old crap unless someone gets injured and a force is changed, but then when they're fit they just slot back in.
    Eddie Jones was once a very good coach, with meticulous preparation, and analysis and knowledge of of opponents.

He has turned into a self serving, vindictive little man, and I can't see how he could now command the respect of players.

So Eddie Jones? Please, no....

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Are you mad? Eddie Jones took over in 1998 after the Brumbies had contested the final in 1997. Under his first term in charge the team dropped to 10th.

If we had gone from 2nd top to practically 2nd bottom between seasons you'd be calling for the coaches' head. Give Graham a chance.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    I brought up the ball because Coach hasn't told me how much it went for.
    Sorry, Jombi - I thought I had sent you a PM letting you know. As suitable prizes are difficult to come by, I recycled the ball and put it up for grabs as last years tri-nations tipping comp prize where the original donor (Slomo) won it and with a sneaky inside pass donated it for this years Super Rugby tipping comp prize

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Can't believe I'm quoting Rex, but he's spot on. Swanepol was excellent - a real contrast to Sheehan's ponderous service. Stannard took it to the line and was always a threat, unlike Willie "kick it or shift it wide" Ripia. And Paddy Delitte was awesome, stopping Nonu in his tracks a few times (no mean feat). David Smith was again a stumble away from a double - shame he's leaving, just starting to hit his stride.

Hope Stannard and Swanepoel get rewarded for their performances and Graham doesn't go back to the "same 'ol, same 'ol" next week.
    Completely agree Nipper - I really hope we keep the same 9 and 10 next week. My only question would be....surely Graham sees Stannard performing like this in training - why has he had to wait that long to get a game, when Ripia has been disappointing (at best) ?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    Completely agree Nipper - I really hope we keep the same 9 and 10 next week. My only question would be....surely Graham sees Stannard performing like this in training - why has he had to wait that long to get a game, when Ripia has been disappointing (at best) ?
    If I could be bothered going back through the posts I made during and after the pre season matches in Eastwood and Nowra, I'm sure you will find that this combination was used to very good effect there as well and I was calling for Chucky at 10 for some time

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I think a few of us were saying it. Ive been waiting for it since he was here last time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3