Thread: Run on Squad Announced for Hurricanes Clash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Kick all day...
    So long as the kicks aren't aimless and can find the touchline

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. This will be a forwards dominated clash, in wet and windy conditions. If our forwards step up, we may well be in it. Then with some territory, all it will take is a little spark from the right quarter to get over the chalk. A territory dominated game, with no running it out of the 22, but not only defense IMHO....

You might be right, but these NZ teams are masters of grind it out boredom Rugby in bad weather (which is forcast). I just think that a win here would be surprising.

Sometimes the glass just needs topping up...

Hasta la vista Pam

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    Flogged we will be.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Hey Bronski is that a rock I see... climb back under it and shut up. so you want to continue to see the 9/10 combination we have been "trialling" for the past 11 weeks for 7 loses ?

Why not give the young chaps a run and see what they have (okay if we lose its the same outcome as if we may of had sheenan and JOC / Ripia)

We all know that JOC is packing up his toys and F***ing off to a state outside of WA, why not get to the Oxford to watch the game tommorrow night and knock some sense into JOC (via twitter he advised he will be there) Its more of a soapie episode than "Days of our live" and i've seen enough and looking forward to 2012 without him. thats why i say give Chucky A Go,

But whiles i'm blowing the trumpet of the new 9/10 combination, where's the young Kid in Justin Turner ?

Cant Ripia be offered a contract with Toulon and we get a player who can play #10..

In the past 5 seasons our number 10 has been a revolving door or Fark all success Ripia - Hilgendorf - Mackay - Pretrious (all injuried) Giteau & JOC (Glory boys) spend the dollars nd get someone who will take us somewhere. a Halangahua or Lelefano. (just my 2 cents)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Hey Bronski is that a rock I see... climb back under it and shut up. so you want to continue to see the 9/10 combination we have been "trialling" for the past 11 weeks for 7 loses ?

Why not give the young chaps a run and see what they have (okay if we lose its the same outcome as if we may of had sheenan and JOC / Ripia)

We all know that JOC is packing up his toys and F***ing off to a state outside of WA, why not get to the Oxford to watch the game tommorrow night and knock some sense into JOC (via twitter he advised he will be there) Its more of a soapie episode than "Days of our live" and i've seen enough and looking forward to 2012 without him. thats why i say give Chucky A Go,

But whiles i'm blowing the trumpet of the new 9/10 combination, where's the young Kid in Justin Turner ?

Cant Ripia be offered a contract with Toulon and we get a player who can play #10..

In the past 5 seasons our number 10 has been a revolving door or Fark all success Ripia - Hilgendorf - Mackay - Pretrious (all injuried) Giteau & JOC (Glory boys) spend the dollars nd get someone who will take us somewhere. a Halangahua or Lelefano. (just my 2 cents)

Thats what I have been preaching, lets get rid of these flash carnts and give some other boys a go. It would be nice if they were locals rather than journeymen or the typical Force Rugby mercenry.

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Thats what I have been preaching, lets get rid of these flash carnts ..
    Agree with you BB (for once )

I'd love to see a solid, no nonsense, not flashy No 10 like Luke McAlister at TWF. He had a stint in the UK with the Sale and came back to try and work his way into the ABs. He's 28 now and not looking like getting into the RWC side. Maybe he could be tempted to have another stint off shore next year, but with the Blues in the S15 Finals for sure he's unlikely to be tempted.. But someone in his mold would be ideal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post

I'd love to see a solid, no nonsense, not flashy No 10 like Luke McAlister at TWF. He had a stint in the UK with the Sale and came back to try and work his way into the ABs. He's 28 now and not looking like getting into the RWC side. Maybe he could be tempted to have another stint off shore next year, but with the Blues in the S15 Finals for sure he's unlikely to be tempted.. But someone in his mold would be ideal.
    Pretty sure I read that we had tried to sign McAlister when he was on his way back from England, but he refused the offer. But things have changed (or are changing) at the Force and he may rethink

Veteran
    vCash

you mean someone like David Hill?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    you mean someone like David Hill?
    Yep, Hill brought stability to our back line. McAlister would provide that and more but is unlikely to want to move from the Blues.. Plus, I'm not sure of his record with after the siren drop goals

vCash

Ive mentioned before about using a halves combination of Turner and Stannard. At least we can lay claim they come through the WA club rugby system.
    Hangers could have been a chance to lure before but with Barnes future looking shakey he will be a important commodity for the tahds now.

Champion
    vCash
    we need someone who wants to play for the force... stickability some to see it as work in progress not a quick in and out deal which we have had over the past few years..... Stannard maybe the man.......

vCash
    You might be right, but these NZ teams are masters of grind it out boredom Rugby in bad weather (which is forcast). I just think that a win here would be surprising.

Sometimes the glass just needs topping up...
    Rex has a G on the Force to win

I'm expecting my cup to runneth over.

I see the rugby club wrote off our lads and scoffed at our halves.

Stannard is Australian 7's legend. He's also got balls the size of three those great big kidney whoppers.

They are hungry and they have their backs against the wall. This is when the Force step up to be counted. The Hurricaines have been toilet.

Turnstyle Nonu. His maybelline will run in the rain

Conrad Myth.........oooh I'm p1ssing in my pants.

Belt em

Carn the Force

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Rex has a G on the Force to win. I'm expecting my cup to runneth over.... Belt em Carn the Force
    Let's hope you're right Rex. BTW the wife reckon's Nonu wears Loreal rather than Mabelene

Palmerston Shiite Hole North for Friday MAX 16°C MIN 10°C
    Showers, easing afternoon, clearing later. Westerlies. Issued: 11:06pm 26 May

Gonna be wet turf, so let's keep it tight up front, kick into their 22 and then let Chucky and the boys show the Canes and the Rugby Club that we're a threat.

vCash

Gonna be wet turf, so let's keep it tight up front,.
    No record crowd at this one. Expect to see a few hundred f@ckwits wearing plastic buckets in the rain. Spilling beer as the trip over each other on the terraces. They'll be getting soaked and crying in their watered down Speight's as the Force grind out a slogfest in the Manawatu Mud.

Force by 5.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    I'm going to tip the Canes (here me out)... as if i went for the Force they would lose - always my luck..... so if i go for those nancies from the Capital, (just like our pansies from our capital) the force will win --- get it ??

CARN THE FORCE !!

vCash

Benny - any more tweets from JOC regarding going to the Oxford to watch the game ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast