Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What does JOC think now that Barnes has dain bramage?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Looks like you may have sustained some of that damage yourself. I'm not advocating anything of the sort. But I saw the program and I'm simply saying that the controlling bodies will have to consider the evidence.

I've been a Rugby/RL tragic for over 50 years and played for 23 of them. I love the collision as much as anyone.

Well, whats the solution?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    Well, whats the solution?
    Might have a crack at that after all the relevant info is in. "MAY need" was my way of putting it. So chill, tough guy.

But the NFL should be reconsidering those fuggin 'ridiculous helmets and all the other bullshit paraphernalia they wear. If they all wore Rugby gear they'd all be a lot safer with respect to head injuries.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Looks like you may have sustained some of that damage yourself. I'm not advocating anything of the sort. But I saw the program and I'm simply saying that the controlling bodies will have to consider the evidence.

I've been a Rugby/RL tragic for over 50 years and played for 23 of them. I love the collision as much as anyone.
    There's quite a good article about it in the latest Inside Sport and also one that I haven't read in the latest (imported) issue of Rugby World.

vCash
    Might have a crack at that after all the relevant info is in. "MAY need" was my way of putting it. So chill, tough guy.

But the NFL should be reconsidering those fuggin 'ridiculous helmets and all the other bullshit paraphernalia they wear. If they all wore Rugby gear they'd all be a lot safer with respect to head injuries.

I'm picking up what you're putting down (yes I speak the language of the streets), but blokes are always going to get their blocks knocked off. But I agree, NFL is very gay with those stupid helmets and shoulder pads. It's like the 1980's all over again. Do they think they're in a Village People music clip or something?

Just waiting for Flock of Seagulls to play halftime at the super bowl.

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    The NRL is already on the front foot, having engaged a neurosurgeon to conduct a review.

And what's his brief?... Conduct a thorough search and see if he can locate a brain?..

vCash
    [QUOTE=Bronski Beat;287456]

he could not remember what year it was, which week of the season he was in, or if he had played for the Waratahs last year."
    QUOTE]

I tried that with the Tax department it didn't work...

vCash
    Predictable. Everything was 'arder back in the day.

But you're not running those sports, fellow old man. The modern day duty of care concept has legal implications for the controlling bodies. The NRL is already on the front foot, having engaged a neurosurgeon to conduct a review.
    How extremely left.

Yes, a review.........known in political circles as a smoke screen to divert media focus and allow a response such as "we are looking into it, making an enquiry et al" also known as a review. This is an expensive waste of money that will point out that getting smashed in the head is detrimental to your health. Well done Sherlock and money well spent. A pat on the back for the Minister of the bleeding obvious. Now we have stats and documents so that the scum of the earth aka as the legal profession can take inocent weekend coaches such as your mum and dad to the cleaners.

At the end of the day, body contact sports put your body in harms way. Young males like to smash each other. Bones heal and chicks dig scars. Head injuries can be avoided by not playing. It's a personal choice.

I think the nation as a whole needs a massive injection of "harden the f--k up"

Whinging and complaining has become the latest national past time.

If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen. Sooker was invented for lads that can't hack it.

Controversy corner

vCash
    [quote=mudskipper;287491]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post

he could not remember what year it was, which week of the season he was in, or if he had played for the Waratahs last year."
    QUOTE]

I tried that with the Tax department it didn't work...
    The carnts are on commission. They get a percentage of what they can rape you of. Next time you're out in Canberra, belt one of them for me.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    How extremely left.............................................. ....................................If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen. Sooker was invented for lads that can't hack it.
    One of your better rants. Haven't been too many lately.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    And what's his brief?... Conduct a thorough search and see if he can locate a brain?..
    Good one.

vCash
    With respect to Berick, he should have a crack at making RWC 2011, put his balls on the line, win us the RWC and retire in glory..........play touch, get fat and bald and join a rugby forum and dribble sh1t about the good ole days

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    With respect to Berick, he should have a crack at making RWC 2011, put his balls on the line, win us the RWC and retire in glory..........play touch, get fat and bald and join a rugby forum and dribble sh1t about the good ole days
    He'll be up against Sonny Bill Williams... Choose life its lasts longer than 80 minutes... If he's damaged he wont remember his mothers name...

Why disadvantage the squad and make the coaches choose his future v risk... Thats not fair... It doesn't make him a hero.. He hasn't finished an game for some time now... if you look closer...

vCash
    Deans might have a little surprise for $BW. Mortlock has the physique and the aggression to make his night very unhappy.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Barnsy needs a year off to recover from the head knocks. If you've ever been concussed in a game of Rugby you know what I'm talking about. Feeling sick, dizzy and not quite right. It takes a long time to get over. Love that out of the blue need to vomit three weeks after havng your block knocked off. I know I've joked about it after all the amnesia gags are gold but I'd much rather be a mechanical injury collector like Shep than deal with head knocks.

Take a sabatical son. JOC will save tghe day...
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2