Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: $1.2 million paid to JON that is an incease of $500.000

Player
    vCash
    I find it quite amazing that anyone can sit there and praise Jon for his ineptness - do you really think that it was his decision to drop Lotte - Lotte shot himself and gave no one any choice (a good thing mind you) - True, Jon has to tighten the belt and provide financial management but at what cost? The weakening of Rugby in Australia by denying development at a junior and grassroots level and presiding over the exodus of players to more lucrative competitions whilst bleating about how we cant compete. Maybe the ARU should turn provincial rugby over to the private sector and let them run it whilst spending revenue on maintaining the National Team and feeder competitions to ensure that there is a development pathway across the country for talented players.

Bailing out Qld and NSW due to financial mismanagement shows how complacent the provinces have become - Let them find the funds to run teams on their own without salary caps and lets keep the talent at home and let good old Jonny tale all the credit for winning the world cup this year (and then he woke up).

Who will take the fall when the Aussie team gets bundled out - Not Jon I can tell you!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yeah, all this crap about fiscal policy really gets up my nose about JON......what he's doing is short term bottom line stuff, all whilst giving himself a massive pay rise (70% if the figures quoted here are accurate) when he's systematically pulling apart any long term improvement structures which will ensure the financial viability of the code into the future.

I return to my statement about preparing the game to be sold for assets.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Bottom of the Harbour Rugby. Interesting concept GIGS.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'll stay out of the JON argument and comment only that I could not see any responsible decision at the time other than scrapping the ARC in THAT format.
    Agree totally. It was toilet

Each Australian super team should have a "reserve grade" that plays when we are matched against Australian teams. It's a value add with an extra game for the fans to watch. It is also a stepping stone into the super team. Each team gets to build player depth.

They could make a rule that "reserve grade" can only be occupied from local players to encourage player development.

Just a thought on the run

It seems like an obvious solution to me ($$$ is always the problem)

Controversy corner

vCash
    They're already playing the games, that's the thing. Just stick a points table and a proper schedule around it and away you go (yes I'm aware I've flogged that one to death...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yeah, all this crap about fiscal policy really gets up my nose about JON......what he's doing is short term bottom line stuff, all whilst giving himself a massive pay rise (70% if the figures quoted here are accurate) when he's systematically pulling apart any long term improvement structures which will ensure the financial viability of the code into the future.

It obviously comes as a surprise to you that CEO's look after the financial health of the business. He has the game at heart in my opinion but he is sytematically culling things that don't work or are too expensive to justify or revamping things such as the academy system to streamline it without dissolving it. The various provinces/states have to take charge of their development systems. ARU money should go into grass roots. The province should be the keeper of its own books and the development of players. They should borrow the concept of feeder clubs from the NRL....ie spot talent and plant them in Sydney or Brisbane club of choice for development.....or develop there own club system better (WA/Melbourne)

The scene is active

vCash
    To answer just one of the glaring inconsistencies you make with your current personality, how the hell do you expect the provinces to develop their own talent when it's centralized by the ARU?

I'm not in the dark about CEOs making an organization financially healthy, but I'm aware that good CEOs look to the financial health of their company into the future, not short sighted end of financial year bullshit which is JONs stock in trade.

C'mon the

vCash
    Mistaken identity
    You need your Meds Gigs.
    You're seeing Rex in your dreams now

Controversy corner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3