Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Sack Graham now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    Finally some sensible comments... Granted we will aways have fans that feel outraged by the loss and want to vent.. But after the dust has settled its clear that but for one lucky fluke of a try we would won that game with the tactics we had. David Smith kicked twice... Once was a horrible shank and the second looked like it couldve been kicked by a fullback, was not bad at all.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Even if we had've won against the 'tahs, it still wouldn't have been anything to be proud of.

Do we really want to be known as the Western Waratahs?

Anyway with the revelation of Graham trying to get the crowd as the 16th man and expecting to win because of people booing - I think he has completely lost the plot.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    The Force have kicked the 2nd LEAST of all Australian teams, so I don't get all the gnashing of teeth about them always kicking away posession.
    Not necessarily disagreeing but that stat would need to be weighed against their overall possession stats. Can't be arsed checking that one.

Anyway the thing that people have questioned is the effectiveness of the kicks more than the quantity. As well, a team trying to play a territorial strategy should be prepared to kick to the corners on penalties/frees and build pressure. But the Force often go for low percentage shots only to be straight back on the defensive when they miss.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Or. we just don't even seem to try to kick it into touch. Which is totally beyond me. We have arguably the best no5 in the world. Why don't we go for more lineouts!?!?!?!? Wykes needs to continue to improve. Throw him up more often, and then him and sharpe can go over each one with the coaches and the video to dissect it after every game!

The team just doesn't seem to be playing to it's strengths this year...
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Or. we just don't even seem to try to kick it into touch.
    Gotta be better than kicking it down their throat, jono. Even if the quick throw is taken the chasers have a little more time to get there.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I think we're playing too much to our strengths this year - which is of course the pack.

The problem is that it's always in the pack with Sharpe standing next to it pulling up his socks, having a fag and then eventually getting the ball to get it over the advantage line only for the same slow ball to come out.

Now who's to blame for that? The front row for not securing the rucks fast enough? Sharpe for not being in the ruck?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Gotta be better than kicking it down their throat, jono. Even if the quick throw is taken the chasers have a little more time to get there.

That's what I was saying. We should be kicking for touch. That's why I made the point of pointing out our advantage in the lineouts. We should have a better chance of stealing them.
    Youre right too, We also should chase the kicks as well though
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Or. we just don't even seem to try to kick it into touch. Which is totally beyond me. We have arguably the best no5 in the world. Why don't we go for more lineouts!?!?!?!? Wykes needs to continue to improve. Throw him up more often, and then him and sharpe can go over each one with the coaches and the video to dissect it after every game!

Posted via Mobile Device
    Just saw another stat at http://www.verusco.com/verusco_stats...id=12&gameid=0 that shows Turner and Beale holding the 1 & 2 position in Meters Gained this last round. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of those were in counterattack. I think that's a good indicator that kicking straight to them was probably not the best option!

I think (and hope) that it was poor execution of the kicks, rather than part of the kicking strategy, to kick straight to them.

Frankly, I'm not too impressed with Willie's kicking. Having Shep would've been helpful in the kicking department.

vCash
    Western Force coach Richard Graham has made the stunning revelation that his side tried to use the Sydney Football Stadium crowd as a 16th-man last week by sending a barrage of kicks to NSW.

Aware the Waratahs had been booed by their fans this year and drawn fire for conservative tactics, Graham said part of the reason they gave NSW so much ball - kicking 46 times - was in the hope a restless crowd would jeer if the Tahs kicked back, and force a player to risk an ill-timed counter-attack.

"It was certainly something we discussed. It was part of the plan," Graham said.

"They are under more pressure than any team in Australia. Their crowd is the most demanding and the most intense.

"For us, we thought if we could get the crowd involved and start pressuring the team, one or two individuals might take it upon themselves to solve problems the team was having.

"At halftime we felt we were doing a decent job in achieving that. We were leading and the crowd was vocal, there was some booing. The NSW crowd want entertaining rugby."

Ultimately, the ploy didn't work. The crowd did grow restless but the Tahs stuck their task, and posted a 20-15 victory to stay in the top six.

"They (Tahs) are a side who know how to get through tough periods and grind out results," Graham said

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1226055138746

vCash
    Aware the Waratahs had been booed by their fans this year and drawn fire for conservative tactics, Graham said part of the reason they gave NSW so much ball - kicking 46 times - was in the hope a restless crowd would jeer if the Tahs kicked back, and force a player to risk an ill-timed counter-attack.

"It was certainly something we discussed. It was part of the plan," Graham said.

Now that sounds like attacking rugby! Or is it a load of BS?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Graham is building a sheltered workshop
    Get rid of him. The bloke is supposed to be an attack coach.........JOC, Smith, Cullet, Mafi, Shepherd......all great attacking players.
    Our spectating pleasure has turned into watching JOC's little soldier-boy routine as he worships the kicking tee

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Didn't Sharpie get asked at the WTF Awards Night whether he'd consider coaching when he retired? IIRC he said he wasn't interested in coaching. (Maybe that was just at the moment.)
    just because hes been a great player at the club doesnt automatically make a good coach, you've only got to look at larkham, at the brumbies to see how successful hes been as their attack/backs coach this season...sharpies smart enough, im sure there will be a job for him in rugby somewhere on his retirement from the game....

vCash
    Sharpie needs to serve an apprenticeship as part of the coaching staff under a great coach.
    Blackadder learning off Robbie deans comes to mind.

The worst scenario would be like AFL with Voss and the Brisbane Lions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Graham is building a sheltered workshop
    Get rid of him. The bloke is supposed to be an attack coach.........JOC, Smith, Cullet, Mafi, Shepherd......all great attacking players.
    Our spectating pleasure has turned into watching JOC's little soldier-boy routine as he worships the kicking tee
    Apparently he is now a cheerleading coach. Disgraceful.

Hasta la vista Pam

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5