Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nathan Sharpe

vCash

Question Nathan Sharpe

Thinking of relinquishing his Captaincy next year???? To give the young guns an opportunity, which may entice Rabbit to stay????

Amazed no-one has commented about this?r

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    You mean this?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    You mean this?
    Yep?!!!

vCash
    a little too late id say........

vCash
    Let's hope not. It would be a positive move anyway, long as Bam has the (C) in the program. Sharpe would still be a leader on & off field and would still run the lineout.

JOC has shown more than enough to earn (VC) and skipper the backs.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Probably not true, but would not be unexpected from Nathan. The sentiments are great though.

While JOC has shown enough to be VC I think that another year under Sharpie is needed for all, his experience and knowledge to them would be incredible and he needs to teach by leading from the front as he has done over and over and over for us over the years.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion
    vCash
    I don't think he should be offered the vc to make him stay. He should stay because he wants to. All this carry-on over JOC in the media is over the top. We already have one world class young player who had no problem in signing on again and there was hardly a word about that from the media. If it came to a choice between JOC and Bam I would choose Bam everytime, he is a outstanding young man

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    In principle I question it, but then again who else would we have as our backline vice-captain? Irrespective of whether JO'C stays or goes I think Pocock should take over as captain. Sharpie has been wonderful but you have to think to the future and he can still mentor Pocock in the captaincy role. Then if you were going to pick a VC, who do you pick? Sheehan would be an option- but he is perhaps a bit hotheaded. Shepherd would be an option- however I think he needs to focus on getting back to top form/fitness and deal with an alcoholism problems if any. Everyone else is too new to the Force or lacking the qualities/experience necessary to be a VC. If O'Connor was staying I would give him the role of VC anyway.

There are probably equally good reasons for O'Connor to stay and go to the Reds for example. I'm sure he would choose both if he could; it would certainly save him the stress/hassle of making a decision. But I suppose if you aren't 100% happy with the way the team is going, then what is wrong with putting him in a role where he has more input?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I would have thought we could do a lot worse than to give Hodgson a leadership role....

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Everyone else is too new to the Force or lacking the qualities/experience necessary to be a VC.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I would have thought we could do a lot worse than to give Hodgson a leadership role....
    Matty H is the man for the VC job, He has plenty of experience at Force (he was our very first No7 after all) and he has taken leadership roles several times before. He certainly was in a leadership role during the pre season tour over east, just can't see how anyone else would get a look in for VC with Bam at C........IMHO of course.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Has either Bam or Rabbit expressed a desire to be captain?

The captain needn't be the best player. Would you say Hoiles, Horwill, Waugh and Mortlock are the best players on their teams? The captain should be the best leader.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    We certainly could do a lot worse. Hodgson seems to me to be more of a quiet achiever though. Pocock always looks to be the guy who is talking to the refs.

I like the idea of a forward captain and a back vice.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Veteran
    vCash
    not just the best player, they also have to be a shoe in for selection, week-in week-out...

vCash
    Pocock seems to be everybodies pick as a wallaby captain in waiting. He might as well start at the Force.

Credit where credit is due. He is a fine young man and an inspiration to all.

Nothing embodied his persona more than his recent involvement in Piggies and Princesses. He was the only player to articulate a sentence without wiping his nose or expressing a poor witted expression aimed at humor.

Nor did he pull out a banjo or his latest rap CD for personal gratification.

Very refreshing

Give the man a (C)

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Pocock seems to be everybodies pick as a wallaby captain in waiting. He might as well start at the Force.

Credit where credit is due. He is a fine young man and an inspiration to all.

Nothing embodied his persona more than his recent involvement in Piggies and Princesses. He was the only player to articulate a sentence without wiping his nose or expressing a poor witted expression aimed at humor.

Nor did he pull out a banjo or his latest rap CD for personal gratification.

Very refreshing

Give the man a (C)
    At the risk of sounding like your alter cow impregnator, I think besides me of course, you are the only person with a balanced opinion around here and totally agree.

Hasta la vista Pam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast