Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Stadium in Burswood will be Oval

vCash

New Stadium in Burswood will be Oval

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...13/3190288.htm

Looks like the new stadium will be an oval.........gAyFL must be the only sport in Perth.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    You see more ads about sooker than rugby
    Hardly surprising the Freo smack freaks will get the stadium

Controversy corner

Champion
    vCash
    Cmon we shouldnt get upset, we knew that its GAYFL state, but saying that as I mentioned in a previous / other forum, it will take 10 or more years to come about this stadium in Burswood (if it ever does go ahead, we know what our government is like), in that time We (Force - Glory - Reds RL) will have a 30,000 seat stadium at East Perth (NIB stadium) funded by the fans for the fans, that is world class so we wont need to see the overpriced, over rated $1.5b stadium what GAYFL cant fill.

The likes of multiplex - Leighton - John Holland etc must be licking there lips no plans have been put to Government, but the Government have come out and told the "World" how much they have budgeted for.

vCash
    I agree with Benny, many of you know I've got a couple of hours invested in thinking about this issue, and I reckon a big oval is a great idea for Perth. It'll shut the WAFC up about us getting our pissy 80 odd million to upgrade Nib to a reasonable standard and we won't be f#*ked around by a major tenant who wants us out of business.......we can then set about breaking ground attendance records for the test matches that will be scheduled there in preference to scummiacco! Win win if you ask me....the GayFL get to pay for it and we only have to use it when the ARU are footing the rent bill

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I agree with Benny, many of you know I've got a couple of hours invested in thinking about this issue, and I reckon a big oval is a great idea for Perth. It'll shut the WAFC up about us getting our pissy 80 odd million to upgrade Nib to a reasonable standard and we won't be f#*ked around by a major tenant who wants us out of business.......we can then set about breaking ground attendance records for the test matches that will be scheduled there in preference to scummiacco! Win win if you ask me....the GayFL get to pay for it and we only have to use it when the ARU are footing the rent bill
    good point... plus the S15 seat prices would double TRYING TO PAY FOR THE F.. KA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    good point... plus the S15 seat prices would double TRYING TO PAY FOR THE F.. KA
    Yep, and don't kid yourself about it being "configurable" (able to be made into a rectangle for the laymen) it'll never be done, certainly not for the 20-30k we'd be getting for a Force game. The AFL will have the same power over stadium management that they do at Telstra, that wasn't moved for a bledisloe test a week before two cellar dwelling punceball teams wanted to prance around

Short story, your ticket price would double and you'd be 30m from the action again. But there'd be plenty of bars and really comfy, covered seats!.....sorry for those who go to the rugby for the food and beer, but I'll take the whole 5 meters from the sideline thing any day of the week and twice on Sunday

C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...d-new-stadium/

"The State Government has come away from a meeting with AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou confident it has secured a commitment from the league to help pay for a new 60,000-seat stadium.

Sport and Recreation Minister Terry Waldron and Liberal backbencher John McGrath met Mr Demetriou and AFL executives in Melbourne yesterday .

Mr Waldron said the AFL had agreed to contribute in line with its commitments to other stadium projects at AFL venues, including the MCG redevelopment, Geelong and Gold Coast.

He said figures were not discussed yesterday, but Colin Barnett said the AFL contribution would likely be modest, in the order of $10 million to $15 million."

Why bother?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yep, and don't kid yourself about it being "configurable" (able to be made into a rectangle for the laymen) it'll never be done, certainly not for the 20-30k we'd be getting for a Force game. The AFL will have the same power over stadium management that they do at Telstra, that wasn't moved for a bledisloe test a week before two cellar dwelling punceball teams wanted to prance around

Short story, your ticket price would double and you'd be 30m from the action again. But there'd be plenty of bars and really comfy, covered seats!.....sorry for those who go to the rugby for the food and beer, but I'll take the whole 5 meters from the sideline thing any day of the week and twice on Sunday
    And the beer would still be crap.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    SMH - Headline!! Sport and Recreation Minister Terry Waldron and Liberal backbencher John McGrath to join the Rebels.

vCash
    When are you belters going to join Team Rex?
    Lets build the bastard ourselves

Controversy corner

vCash
    SMH headline- Julia Gillard throws support behind Perth Oval Stadium
    Julia Gillard, well known celebrity bogan and GAYFL loving ranga has confirmed her support for another oval in Perth

QUOTE:

"I'm totally against rectangular stadiums. They have no place in our society and frankly just makes my job more difficult by giving people a choice. We need to grow GAYFL into an international sport by 2120 and I promise to deliver on this. Rectangular stadiums usually mean more rules due to the four sides principal. When two sides meet it usually means a decision which as you know is against my nature. I hope to have the carbon tax a reality before 2120 but I'm less confident on this one"

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    SMH - Headline!! Sport and Recreation Minister Terry Waldron and Liberal backbencher John McGrath to join the Rebels.
    "We've been chasing these two signatures as cover for the marquee exodus in years to come"

vCash
    Nothing has changed in this state! Promised a stadium by Labor and that never eventuated, then it was multi-purpose; which probably wasn't going to be good enough. I have resigned to the fact that the Force, Glory and Western Reds really need to pull together and get nib stadium upgraded a little. Doesn't really need much , and could easily be done in parts. The only thing that really needs to be done is make the current temporary stands to permanent ones; possibly with some corporate boxes at the top.

It is time for us rectangular teams to forget about anything from the state government or federal, start winning competitions and the private equity money will start flowing in!

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Walked around behind the far side (as in not telecast side) last match and I was surprised how congested it is there, would have thought they would be breaching some sort of fire code there with so many committed to such a narrow passageway. I guess weight of numbers would just push the fence over and only get a few broken arms and legs...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Walked around behind the far side (as in not telecast side) last match and I was surprised how congested it is there, would have thought they would be breaching some sort of fire code there with so many committed to such a narrow passageway. I guess weight of numbers would just push the fence over and only get a few broken arms and legs...
    You mean the Lord Street side, behind the eastern side stands (behind the E, EE and EEE stands)?

I'd hate to have to get out of there in a rush. The queues for the porta-potties and for the beer tents are pretty amazing at times.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast