Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Stadium in Burswood will be Oval

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    the lord st E, EE and EEE stands don't look that flammable to me, Steel, Concrete and plastic chairs. Maybe they are not too worried about fire? There is no roof to trap smoke either. However the only exit point is on that side is on the South East corner if i am correct and would cause a bit of a bottleneck. You could go down the stand and go onto the pitch rather than out the exit at a pinch.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterBoy View Post
    the lord st E, EE and EEE stands don't look that flammable to me, Steel, Concrete and plastic chairs. Maybe they are not too worried about fire? There is no roof to trap smoke either. However the only exit point is on that side is on the South East corner if i am correct and would cause a bit of a bottleneck. You could go down the stand and go onto the pitch rather than out the exit at a pinch.
    No, there's also an exit at the northern end of that stand, usually nowhere near as busy as the southern one. We go out that way and have a reasonably clear walk until we meet the crush of lemmings from the rest of the stand.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Some of that food looks pretty combustable though...
    It only takes one of those vans to get a fat fire or the like and you have a quarter of the stand panic...shitstorm...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Yep, long since realised that if there was anything happening the best bet is actually the pitch (unless it's the flame throwers that start it!)

vCash
    No use heading for the pitch ATM either then. The home team's on fire too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    (unless it's the flame throwers that start it!)
    Which, if you have ever sat near them, you would think is highly bloody likely!
    Coach and I could actually feel them at the back of the shed a couple of weeks ago.
    Once sat on the fence at 22 and left the ground with a lovely tan...

The other one on similar matters, the fellas I feel sorry for are those sitting in front of the end of pitch speakers. Bloke down the right hand end I saw came prepared with earmuffs the other day, was like he was at an ACDC concert where he was sitting!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Which, if you have ever sat near them, you would think is highly bloody likely!
    Coach and I could actually feel them at the back of the shed a couple of weeks ago.
    Once sat on the fence at 22 and left the ground with a lovely tan...

The other one on similar matters, the fellas I feel sorry for are those sitting in front of the end of pitch speakers. Bloke down the right hand end I saw came prepared with earmuffs the other day, was like he was at an ACDC concert where he was sitting!
    Those flamethrowers were nice on Saturday, took the chill off nicely!

I fail to see why there's any problem with the speakers, I sit third row back from the fence about 4m right of the 22 and there's a speaker about the same distance the other side of the 22 near me.......I regularly can't hear a f*€king thing!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, the end one is right on the fence so the bloke I'm talking about has one literally in his face. He started with dreadies and left with a mohawk...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Puts u off having a drink the que aye..... made me laugh last week... went to a tent which i thought was a bar and it was for Plat members ONLY or something ... bloody small canvas tent with a fence around it.... gee Plat members pretty special conditions u have paid for there.... JOKE EWF
    Hahan super dry.... super crap...wht cant we buy cans ?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Cmon we shouldnt get upset, we knew that its GAYFL state, but saying that as I mentioned in a previous / other forum, it will take 10 or more years to come about this stadium in Burswood (if it ever does go ahead, we know what our government is like), in that time We (Force - Glory - Reds RL) will have a 30,000 seat stadium at East Perth (NIB stadium) funded by the fans for the fans, that is world class so we wont need to see the overpriced, over rated $1.5b stadium what GAYFL cant fill.

The likes of multiplex - Leighton - John Holland etc must be licking there lips no plans have been put to Government, but the Government have come out and told the "World" how much they have budgeted for.
    Check out what they built in Dunedin for $200m (NZD)...

Construction would be expected to cost more in WA, but you could get a world class 30,000 seat covered rectangular stadium for around 20% of that $1.5b white elephant.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "There'll be no grass ripped out here." Hope old mate doesn't live to regret that line...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Check out what they built in Dunedin for $200m (NZD)...
    You could even grow a cash crop in the off season.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "Cash crop" in a University town

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    add 20% cost for the trade unions cut and all the bullshit WA govt red tape here....

vCash
    Coach, can we have a bucket bhong smiley?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast