Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: If JOC now goes to the rubble will you be upset?

vCash

If JOC now goes to the rubble will you be upset?

After addressing us as his "tweeps" (wtf?) on twitter trying to water down "rumours" that he will be joining the rubble, with player, coach and manager denying a deal is done. If he does in fact announce to his tweeps today that he is leaving will you feel as though someone has been taking the piss?
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Not really - better to do that than jump the gun and retract it later.

vCash
    What p!sses me off is if he's intending to leave, say so. Even if no deal has been done.

Veteran
    vCash
    i'd be sad...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    In an age of professionalism when I should know better, I would be pretty disappointed and disillusioned if JO’C decides to move on before repaying the faith EWF management put in him in the last few years of development from overlooked scrawny schoolboy to senior Wallaby. I’m not suggesting he should be a lifetime single club player (though that would be nice!) but surely there is some sense of moral obligation to stay in the sunny West to match the lure of cash and hollow promise from the cess pit in the south east?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    In an age of professionalism when I should know better, I would be pretty disappointed and disillusioned if JO’C decides to move on before repaying the faith EWF management put in him in the last few years of development from overlooked scrawny schoolboy to senior Wallaby. I’m not suggesting he should be a lifetime single club player (though that would be nice!) but surely there is some sense of moral obligation to stay in the sunny West to match the lure of cash and hollow promise from the cess pit in the south east?
    I agree. I think he should give the Force 2 more seasons and see how they are performing then. He can't be expected to play the majority of his career in a struggling side, but there should be some element of obligation there. Additionally some players end up struggling when changing clubs - Gits??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I would be pretty disappointed and disillusioned if JO’C decides to move on before repaying the faith EWF management put in him in the last few years?

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't think it took any great leap of faith once that scrawny 18yo got some gametime. The second contract was a no brainer. Not sure how much development he needed either. The kid just seems to have the X factor, end of story. Despite the tabloid ramblings of the usual suspects the thing that will lure him to Melbourne is 3rd party money. If the big end of Perthtown can't come up with the bikkies...............

Didn't have a word in Mr Forrest's shell like the other night, Burgs? If he can shell out $100,000 pa to get Inglis to Souffs as an indigenous ambassador (or whatever they called it), why not Beale to Perth? Too late for Beale so why not JOC just because he can. He could be a great ambassador for BGC too. C'mon Len get your hand in your pocket. He might even get you the stadium contract.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    It will be a huge loss for us. But you can't blame him for weighing up all his options and choosing the best one for his future. If that happens to be at the Force, good for us, if that happens to be at the Reds, lucky them. Who knows, he might realize he likes to Force more and move back in a few years.

I'd rather they look for 3rd party deals from companies like Volvo rather than mining sponsors. I'd rather have companies who give these sort of sponsorships out all the time (and get advertising in return) than mining giants, of whom we have nothing to offer other than letting them have special access to the club/players.

Unless Mr Forrest wants to get JOC as a new pin-up boy for any new anti-mining tax propaganda.

vCash
    will be sad and worried for the future if he goes but not upset at all with him...

vCash
    JOC has met his obligation at the end of his current agreement. He owes nothing more... He has given plenty, for such a young guy...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No, he didn't look especially approachable shasta, about as dirty as the average punter.

An interesting development in recent weeks has been the deliberate and active competition by South Australia for WA based mine workers.
    This could plausably be a motivator for mining interests in WA to do more promotional work, including sponsorships, to be seen as good corporate citizens to work for. All smoke and mirrors but if it means more cash to retain players then bring it on!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    In answer to your question Bronski, no I wouldn't be upset. I have resigned to the fact that he is going to go and I'm over it now. If he does go, I'd prefer it was to the Reds. I am still annoyed at the 'deal' Melbourne have between the salary cap and the marquee players.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I think I'm with James, would love to see him stay, but he has to want to stay.

If he needs to dip his toe to be sure, then that's ok, but if he's not 100% then he should leave with our blessings. I won't be pissed like Gits, who sucked the life (and a helluvva lot of cash) out of us, or Digby who shook a hand and said he's staying before getting 'homesick' for a state which wasn't his home but offered him a walk up start. Not even the slightly envious feel I've got for drew, who started to play three thousand times better than he ever did at Perth.

Rabbit's done his bit, stay or go, I'm happy for him

C'mon the

vCash
    Well said Gigs will be upset to see him leave because I think he is a great player who is going to get better and ofcourse he will be playing against us and he will hurt us!!
    But what ever he does he has put a spark into the Force.
    Please stay JOC

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    As long as he is contracted under the force then it's his job to put the force first, which he obviously isn't doing.

I don't mean he has to re-sign, but it's obviously a hit to morale with all this crap going on, even if it's just a tiny bit in the back of the other players minds.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast