Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: If JOC now goes to the rubble will you be upset?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    How has he lost respect?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    By playing it out in the spotlight to get more money.

Remember when Tiqiri did it and everyone thought he was a wanker? Why is O'Connor any different?

We've got 2 situations here; either O'Connors management or JOC himself leaked it on purpose (I doubt Beale would break his confidence unless told to), or the SMH just made it up.

it's 50/50.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It was great seeing Giteau and Gosh Valentine getting belted by their ex team mates on Sat
    O'Connor's meteoric rise has gone to his head
    His bloodied Rabbles jersey would look good being spat out the back of a Force counter ruck
    Bring back the old days. 22mm steel

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    His bloodied Rabbles jersey would look good being spat out the back of a Force counter ruck
    Our boys wouldn't do that.......they haven't counter Rucked effectively all year!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    It was great seeing Giteau and Gosh Valentine getting belted by their ex team mates on Sat
    O'Connor's meteoric rise has gone to his head
    Good old days when you used to have a shower bearing sprig marks across the back and legs... the plastic sprigs with the burrs. Now days u get pinged if you lift your feet across a body let alone slip... its all soft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    By playing it out in the spotlight to get more money.

Remember when Tiqiri did it and everyone thought he was a wanker? Why is O'Connor any different?

We've got 2 situations here; either O'Connors management or JOC himself leaked it on purpose (I doubt Beale would break his confidence unless told to), or the SMH just made it up.

it's 50/50.

from everything i have seen, JOC is trying to calm everything down...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    from everything i have seen, JOC is trying to calm everything down...
    From everything I've read about it he's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    From everything I've read about it he's talking out of both sides of his mouth.
    Geez I hope I never have to make a tough decision.

vCash
    ive only seen one side... kindly show us the other?

Herald and other named sauces notwithstanding as he has already pointed out that they were blatantly untrue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    ive only seen one side... kindly show us the other?

Herald and other named sauces notwithstanding as he has already pointed out that they were blatantly untrue
    Yep. Seems that there's a few people out there who are ready to heap a bit on JOC for playing things out in the media. Who can say that for sure? His last contract was the subject of similar speculation and it worked out OK. This one may well also.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Don't take this the wrong way jombi. But I think it's naive to say that his contract negotiations would have gone any other way. He's the most sought after player on Australian rugby.
    Any contractual move he makes was always going to be all over the place, especially with the sensationalist nature of journalism.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Weren't the journos saying that the Rebels would announce JO'C's signing on Monday?

Surely the absence of an announcement would suggest that said journos were talking out of their posterior orifice!

vCash
    Expect a story suggesting that he hasn't announced his signing because the ARU are dragging their heels on top up contracting.

Like THAT's going to happen for the golden boys

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    People - JOC has not made a decision as yet and wants to stay in Perth. The problem is the Force have told him to take a significant salary cut and 3rd party money is drying up so what is he to do? He has given a heap to the Force and is now a world class player. For Vern et al to offer him less than his deal negotiated 2 years ago is a bit rich. He and both his brothers are happy here and were looking to settle but now what to do?

Don't blame the lad. Lets figure out why the current hierarchy think that he is worth less than he was back then!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Go with all you say there Ruck, except the bit about how much he has given the Force. I think he has been recognised appropriately along the way and the next contract wherever it may be will also recognise him appropriately. It is a bit of a stretch to imply the Force are in his debt in any way shape or form. They have given him an extra year to his career that he didn't have elsewhere.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucking Good View Post
    People - JOC has not made a decision as yet and wants to stay in Perth. The problem is the Force have told him to take a significant salary cut and 3rd party money is drying up so what is he to do? He has given a heap to the Force and is now a world class player. For Vern et al to offer him less than his deal negotiated 2 years ago is a bit rich. He and both his brothers are happy here and were looking to settle but now what to do?

Don't blame the lad. Lets figure out why the current hierarchy think that he is worth less than he was back then!!
    I think the current contract is in line with the newly imposed salary cap, which didn't exist for his previous contract. Rabbit will simply be the first of many who find their pay packet shrinking......add to that the fact that he can only get 30k from force-aligned third parties, he's going to have to prepare for a significant pay cut unless he signs for the rebels.

It makes you wonder whether the Storm saga is about to be repeated, Doesn't it.......Melbourne buys a couple of flags, and then gets them stripped once the second set of books is found.

Either that, or Rabbit and Kurtley will have to play surrounded by the Rockingham seconds team

C'mon the

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast