Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Some SMH Journo Claims: James O'Connor joins Melbourne Rebels

Champion
    vCash
    Solution: Offer him the captaincy next season with Bam Bam vc, Give Sharpie a rest as he winds down his career but still there to guide

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    HELL NO!!!!

There is no way on the planet that the next Force captain should be ANYBODY but Bam Bam........future Wallaby Captain that boy!

I understand what you're saying, the kudos might help him re-sign, but if we have to shit on a man of Bam's stature, it's not worth it

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Solution: Offer him the captaincy next season with Bam Bam vc, Give Sharpie a rest as he winds down his career but still there to guide
    and that's just pandering .. he should stay because he wants to!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    There are times I think you may have a bucket bong sitting next to your computer BD...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    He doesn't want the captaincy the wants the jumbo pack deal and the bucket bong. Surely he'd like to be in Queensland? as he spends all his off time there. (what little these guys get these days)

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    There are times I think you may have a bucket bong sitting next to your computer BD...
    I find less frequent are the times I think there isn't a bucket bong sitting next to his computer...

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    He doesn't want the captaincy the wants the jumbo pack deal and the bucket bong. Surely he'd like to be in Queensland? as he spends all his off time there. (what little these guys get these days)
    Surely he's learned from the history of backs chasing massive dollars in super rugby. Giteau, Mitchell, Barnes they all destroyed their careers for moolah, and only Drew has taken any steps towards redemption.......and then only by rejecting the playboy persona and doing some genuine work.

Don't do it rabbit, you're too valuable to Aussie rugby

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Surely he's learned from the history of backs chasing massive dollars in super rugby. Giteau, Mitchell, Barnes they all destroyed their careers for moolah, and only Drew has taken any steps towards redemption.......and then only by rejecting the playboy persona and doing some genuine work.

Don't do it rabbit, you're too valuable to Aussie rugby
    Jeez Gigsy don’t beg… Last weekend JOC looked to be enjoying his rugby with the Force and that’s a good sign.

I'm sure he's learnt plenty from his mates about trust and will get some tips if he is interested but I think his father may have his hear on contracts.

I didn't realise your thought that Giteau and Mitchell destroyed their careers by going to the force. While they both had awkward protracted contract issues they really did well and continued their international careers while in the west and moreover are still doing well in 2011.

However I do think a team’s work ethic is set by the unwavering focus and encouragement of a good coach.

JOC/manager got every penny out of the Force to stay last time, why would he not do any different this time. Moreover Giteau and Mitchell leaving gave the Force plenty to throw at him.

My feeling is he'll stay because he doesn't want change and especially if ET mining can cash up for him again. Force are lucky to have such a generous sponsor. There must be some mining opportunities in the Brindabella’s for them. I'll look into it

Last edited by mudskipper; 20-04-11 at 09:26.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    While they both had awkward protracted contract issues they really did well and continued their international careers while in the west and moreover are still doing well in 2012.
    So THAT'S where you've been, a spot of time travelling!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    Again people, why are the Force execs offering him less than his current deal? This is the only reason he is now looking. How many of you will stay in your current job for less money even though you like where you are. I don't get it. What is Vern thinking?

vCash
    So THAT'S where you've been, a spot of time travelling!!!
    oopps forward thinking...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucking Good View Post
    Again people, why are the Force execs offering him less than his current deal? This is the only reason he is now looking. How many of you will stay in your current job for less money even though you like where you are. I don't get it. What is Vern thinking?
    Maybe so they can equal the best offer without over paying for his services... or maybe they just have less cash and would like to spend more on other players...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It is getting unnerving, muddy is saying too much sense these days...

That is what will be at the bottom of it all, Prince JO'N is imposing a reduced salary cap so clubs are forced to horse trade to try and keep a balanced squad.
    You might want to retain a star player, but not at the expense of four very good players.
    If retaining McCalman, Hodgson, Sharpe etal means losing JO'C then on balance I think we come out in front.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucking Good View Post
    My understanding is that the Force per se, are not offering less, the 3rd party deals have come in less thn last year, and the 3rd party deals in Melbourne have come in higher.

vCash
    It is getting unnerving, muddy is saying too much sense these days...

That is what will be at the bottom of it all, Prince JO'N is imposing a reduced salary cap so clubs are forced to horse trade to try and keep a balanced squad.
    You might want to retain a star player, but not at the expense of four very good players.
    If retaining McCalman, Hodgson, Sharpe etal means losing JO'C then on balance I think we come out in front.
    apologies about unnerving bURgs... must agree with you... McCalman, Sharpe, Hodgo all good solid players that keep your team in the match...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast