Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: JOC to be lured to Rebels?

Champion
    vCash
    Okay time for the bench to get stronger:

Fairbrother can now have JOC sitting on the bench with him (if it is true) why continue to try new things (1st at Fly - then at FB - now at 12) we all know that this season has been won and lost (parden the punt) but lets get ready for the 2nd installment of Super 15 Rugby... I'd like to see the following

9 - Turner
    10 - Ripia
    11 - Smith
    12 - ***new marque signing ** and someone like a Sonny bill who can break the line, why not go after Maa "eyeliner" Nonu, get him for a year or two, his friends with Smith and Ripia also.
    13 - Cummins
    14 - Alfi Malfi
    15 - Shep

The FWD pack picks itself.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    And at the same time, why is that JOC is coming out and saying on twitter:

"isn't it great for the Force and players that Sharpie has signed"
    "the team is only going to get stronger with the renewal of Ben Mac"

What you saying JOC, The force is going to become a powerhouse after you sign with the Rables.

Remember one thing BOY. we have got you where you are today !!!

Okay I was upset when the likes of Giteau - Mitchell left but they were 'semi' superstars before we got them here in Perth. And I could ilve with the decision they got Raped with the firepower deal, and left.But the JOC story was nothing before he came here.

Thats my parden on this hole thing, okay some of us in TWF world may not like what i have to say or disagree with my last two comments but suck it up and see where i'm coming from. I've the heart in the force. Okay they played sh1t last week, and I may bag em but dont be two faced (players - supporters or anyone to do with the FORCE) they are my team like us all.

WE ARE THE FORCE, WE ARE THE BEST, WE ARE THE FORCE SO F***K ALL THE REST !!!

Champion
    vCash
    oh yeah sorry Coach and other Seniors of the TWF Family for my language. a little gutted !!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    O'Connor hasn't even been to Melbourne yet has he? I thought he was going to go in our bye week and that no decision will be made until then.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Taken from SMH

James O'Connor is believed to have a signed a deal to join the Melbourne Rebels in 2012.

The Western Force and Wallabies star would be the second high-profile recruit to join the new franchise this week following the news of Kurtley Beale's signing on Wednesday.

O'Connor and Beale are known to be good friends and would have been lured by the prospect of playing together at provincial level.

Advertisement: Story continues below The 20-year-old made his Super Rugby debut for the Force in 2008 when he was 17 - against the Reds in his home town of Brisbane - and played for the Wallabies for the first time later that year against Italy in Padova.

He has since played 27 times for Australia and represented the Force 32 times at Super Rugby level.

O'Connor is tipped to star for the Wallabies at the upcoming World Cup in New Zealand starting in September

Champion
    vCash
    must be time now for the ARU to step in and say to the Rabbles 2 international marque players instead of ther 10 what they have at the moment...

I ask the question - where was the Western Force's assistance in our first year.

vCash
    If this is true I am gutted.

While time will heal the wounds this is dissapointing, who is bank rolling Rebels?, is the ARU helping?

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Also from the SMH:

The Melbourne Rebels are justifiably ecstatic about securing Kurtley Beale's services after throwing him a sackload of money to leave the Waratahs. But behind the scenes we hear the natives are restless. Our snouts tell us that those in charge at the Rebels have told staff members to ''rein in the team's drinking culture''. And there continues to be strong word that key signing Danny Cipriani will leave at the end of the season, returning to either England or moving to a French club. Apparently, Cipriani's ''CV is all over France'' and even the Tahs have heard first-hand the No.10 is not happy. There has also been friction within the Rebels coaching staff, which has a cast of thousands. And while the Waratahs remain interested in England backs coach Brian Smith being part of their coaching panel, the Brumbies have not given up on luring Michael Cheika, who is with Stade Francais.

So the no 10 jersey looks like it's got James written all over it. But he has said he'll sign with the team who wants to offer him the greatest development, and with 'coaching friction' I don't know Melbourne is the place for him. In saying that, his words on the Rugby Club the other week stuck with me about how Willie Ripia has been teaching him rather than Graham, probably won't do us any favours.

I'm shattered if it's true. I think he should take his annual leave every Wallabies game in Perth from here on out, he's not going to be getting the warmest of welcomes in our town.

I miss loyalty. Really

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Veteran
    vCash
    the willie teaching Jimmy the 10 position is fairly typical...

He knowsa the position inside out, it rally should be willie showing him the ropes, with graham ensuring it stays to their game plan.

I didn't think he wanted to play 10?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Alright guys, truth is we rely on O'Connor's individual brilliance too much. Look at it as a good thing for the Force so we can build as a team.

JOC leaving isn't the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination.

But goddamn I want the Force to give the Rubble a leathering...

vCash
    My Mrs thinks its the end of the world, now she wants to move to Melbourne !

vCash
    Look the sky isn't falling down he is just one (perhaps even over rated) component.

I'm more worried about the blokes in the Head Shed not leaving.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Unfortunately I think his latest Tweep says it all betwen the lines:

Hey guys - appreciate all the support and interest. Focussed on game this weekend - all else will be sorted in due course. Cheers tweeps.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by @RichardGraham15
    Not true that @JamesOConnor832 is signed elsewhere. Rumour sells!..but not reality. Focus is on @thewesternforce game vs Brumbies.
    blip blop bloop

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    This could be very very annoying on two counts.

1) If he does sign with the Rebels as seems to be 98% likely (2% holding to the hope that the rumours will inspire a last ditch addition to third party negotiations in Perth), then is Richard Graham spinning us a bit of a line? I don't know about anyone else but, particularly after the Willie Ripia foot thing, I have become a bit skeptical of word out of the Force camp.

2) If James O'Connor has been posting the following on Twitter:

"isn't it great for the Force and players that Sharpie has signed"
    "the team is only going to get stronger with the renewal of Ben Mac"

How condescending is that? If he is going to go thats fine, but don't be a twat in the process. And for gods sake don't play the 'I want to play finals rugby' or 'I did it for my rugby development' cards.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast