Thread: Brown reveals full Force of frustration

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Brown reveals full Force of frustration

By Tim Clarke
    10 April 2011 12:04PM EST

WALLABIES flanker Richard Brown has unleashed his frustration at another sagging Western Force season, accusing teammates of not turning up on game day.

Richard Brown has unleashed on his underperforming teammates
    Getty Images
    PREV NEXT
    While not going as far as AFL skipper Brent Harvey and naming names, Brown revealed some of the unhappiness in the Force camp by predicting “big changes” at the club if results did not improve.

A 31-3 drubbing by the Waratahs in front of their home crowd was the low point in an increasingly dire season for first year coach Richard Graham.

And Brown let fly in an ABC radio interview after the defeat.

“We wanted to rebound after last week against the rebels, but the score shows we did not do that,” Brown said.

“We prepared well, but there are guys who are not turning up on game day – and if things don’t change soon there are going to have to be big changes made.

“You can’t mope about it, you have got to accept where our weaknesses are, and address them – with brutal honesty.”

NSW Waratahs halfback Luke Burgess has pulled out one of his best games of the Super Rugby season to lead his side to a 31-3 victory over the Western Force at NIB Stadium on Saturday,

Burgess was pivotal in orchestrating most of the Waratahs' tries in the crushing win which now has an already beleaguered Force side mourning its third consecutive defeat.

Fears the Force were in for a long and dismal night were ignited immediately with a dropped ball by inside centre Gene Fairbanks from the kick off.

Force coach Richard Graham was clearly disappointed by the result and said not only was his side "out classed right across the field" but they gave up possession too easily.

"I think the half time stat was 71 per cent of territory to the Waratahs, so we were always under pressure," Graham said.

"In terms of our defence, we lacked the sting that we have had."

Waratahs captain Dean Mumm said he was happy the side was able to get the win away from home.

Even more rewarding was the fact the side now have so far beaten all other Australian teams, he said.

"It's always a goal of ours at the Waratahs to play well against the other Australian teams and we've managed to beat them all so far which is pleasing," he said.

"But we've got another round of them to go so if we can get eight of those it would be better than four."

With AAP

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/ar...f-frustration/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Thats the attitude we looking for, go Brownie.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    It is - hope the powers that be have the courage to cull

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Champion
    vCash
    Browny get your game sorted first.... if pocock and hodsie were there u would be benched.

vCash
    Proof will be in the pudding. do we capitulate to a poor Brumbies side or will we turn up and start to play again

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I agree Bill. I don't think Brown has been a standout this season. I wonder who he is criticizing.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    He needs to start with himself, perhaps he could put up his hand at training and suggest he start from the bench!

he aint the only one, but it's noticeable that the ones who stood up (one or two) aren't bagging their teammates.

C'mon the

vCash
    just out gunned, too many injuries and the best playmaker played at fullback away from the action...

vCash
    No darned ecxuses...We just need 100% committment from EVERYONE for a full 80 mins...Watching O'Connor before the kick off every practice kick he missed, which was reflected into the game...Were they nervous knowing Robbie Deams was watching.???.Jeepers Creepers...COME ON ALL THE SLACKERS GET A GRIP!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Am still disillusioned, yet loyal...
    The thing about last match, I don't mind in "my team" being beaten by a better team, I don't mind our good not being good enough but everyone giving their all, I don't even mind if the match plan proves to be inept, no matter how frustrating those things are I can live with it and add it to the satisfaction of that eventual success celebration whenever it may end up being.
    What does really irk me is "my team" being gutless, pathetic and leaving their brains in the change room.
    I have convinced myself that last week was an aberration, that Sharpies re-signing will lift the boys mood, that the magnitude of their Tah bletch will fire them up and bond them to a superior common cause of redemption.
    Despite my last few days of melancholy, this is now what I chose to believe because I HAVE FAITH DAMMIT!!!

Now you pricks get your heads screwed on, fire up your bums and rip into these bloody pathetic ponies!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I guess I'm sitting where you are right now Burgs. If they don't put in a vastly superior performance against a weakened, sucky and arrogant Brumbies, I think it'll be time to call for heads........and Sharpie better stop opting for low percentage penalty kicks, he's better than that!

C'mon the

vCash
    hey we still play each of them one more time and have a chance at redemption!!! Carn the FORCE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    hey we still play each of them one more time and have a chance at redemption!!! Carn the FORCE!
    Especially the Rebels - that still stings...

vCash
    JOC apparently at the doc today - has some sort of virus/flu.. hopefully he'll be right for the weekend

JamesOConnor832 James O'Connor
    All is ok-100% by thurs.blood results sweet.viral as suspected. @sandnsurf orders to take it easy 2nite/2moro. Easy sess @RichardGraham15