Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fairbrother off to London

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Fairbrother off to London

Emirates Western Force prop Tim Fairbrother will finish up his Super Rugby career in Perth at the end of this season and head to England to play for London based side Harlequins in the Aviva Premiership.

Fairbrother moved to Perth in 2009 following 58 games for the Wellington based Hurricanes and impressed with his work rate and nous in the front row where he added leadership to a group of promising developing players.

“I have really enjoyed my time in Perth, it was the right decision for me to come across and I feel as though now is the right decision to test myself in another competition after nine seasons in Super Rugby,” Fairbrother said.

While born in New Zealand, Fairbrother was eligible to play for the Wallabies and despite taking part in a number of Australian scrum sessions he was ultimately overlooked by national selectors.

“The Wallabies coaching staff were looking for something different in their front row at the moment and I can head to England happy in the knowledge I gave it my best crack,” Fairbrother said.

The tough tighthead prop said he was looking forward to giving his best for the remainder of the Emirates Western Force season and to help the club achieve the best possible finish on the ladder.

“We have a great bunch of guys at the club and working together we can definitely have an impact in the competition this year,” Fairbrother said.

“The result against the Stormers was not a reflection on how good we can be and we’re all looking forward to getting out onto the field again on Saturday against the Rebels and getting back to our best.”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    That is a pity.

Champion
    vCash
    Another good player ARU has losted to OS... gee Australian rugby well never become a strong nation for any length of time,, after RWC alot od S15 players are going to greener pstures!!!

vCash
    Doesn't mean he won't come back though dude
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    He'd always be welcome back for mine, but it probably isn't likely. Once the dream of internationals is over, you'd have to think any return to Super rugby would be in NZ or maybe Melbourne. A shame, but there it is.

Champion
    vCash
    didn't I read somewhere that Robbie Deans still hugs kiss Kiwi toy each night... "lets get rid of all our star players after this world cup so when the AB's choke again i can go back and coach them and i will know all the stars wont be playing for the wallabies"

Wouldn't know where to start with the list but i reckon a few stars will go with minimal backup behind them (big gap to follow in there shoes)

"JUST MY BITCH FOR THE DAY"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    That is a pity.
    For the country, not just the force.

How are the tight head stocks looking around the country right now?

C'mon the

vCash
    The West says that the Force management are angry that the ARU have ignored Fairborther. I'd be bloody livid!
    We manage to snare a guy the Kiwis reckoned was the best uncapped prop in NZ and he solidifies our scrum, then the ARU ignore him so that he heads off to England. The other teams will howl if we try and sign a Wallaby prop, who probably won't be as good anyway. Bloody incompetent *******!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    The West says that the Force management are angry that the ARU have ignored Fairborther. I'd be bloody livid!
    We manage to snare a guy the Kiwis reckoned was the best uncapped prop in NZ and he solidifies our scrum, then the ARU ignore him so that he heads off to England. The other teams will howl if we try and sign a Wallaby prop, who probably won't be as good anyway. Bloody incompetent *******!

ARU strikes again...morons....!!!
    Do they care about ANY of our Players??? After the almighty shortsighted kick in the preverbial Nathan had...here's a darned nother...WT????

vCash
    And it's not as if the Rebels are going to develop new Wallabies....so that just leaves the old-school triumvirate to produce the goods.....we're doomed!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Bit hard to do it with the Rebels when they are ineligible too JK...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Real shame really. I reckon our tight five have been going great guns thus far this season. I thought they might be a weak link, but they have done very well, thanks in no small part to Fairbrother. The upcoming games against the Rebels and Tahs will give our front row further opportunities to show their worth.

Have been mightily impressed with both our hookers, too, esp Whits. They are both big units, can throw straight, and get involved in the loose.

Anyway, good luck, Tim - great service while you've been here. Go out with a bang in the remaining games, mate!

vCash
    So the ARU is at fault over Tim Fairbrother not earning selection for the Wallabies?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    They're at fault for not making it more attractive a proposition to stay.
    After the dubious claims of Trestle, depending which camp you are in, the options at TH are fairly unproven and very undeveloped.
    For him to already not to feel he has a chance for selection this year in Round 5/6, or at least be in the hunt post RWC then yes, I think the ARU would have to have a look at themselves, as most likely would you if he were at the Reds.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    well this rumor did surface a few weeks ago which leads me to wonder whether he made his decision without any guidance from the wallaby coaching staff, i find it incredibly hard to believe that Robbie Deans would have told any player after Rd 3 that he wasn't in the running for the RWC.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast