Thread: Going for Broke.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Going for Broke.

Another round of pre season matches this weekend, and hardly a mention anywhere.

Wanneroo, obviously, are still basking in the near glory of almost but not quite, beating the Force Academy, but nothing else has come to light.

Palmyra played Associates in all grades Associates were able to field, colts, 3rds, 2nds and 1st grades, at Tomkpins Park, and the results were so close that it would be difficult to come to any conclusions as to both club's future prospects.

Soaks obviously missed the presence of their six Academy players, most of whom were unavailable after their game last night against the Roo Dogs, but acquited themselves well, taking it right up to Palmyra in all grades, and just falling short by a few tries in beating Pally in the premiers.

Palmyra were at full strength, and their supporters must be disappointed that they were unable to do better againt a depleted Soaks.

Next week Pally takes on Nedlands, who must be confident in the form they have showed in their last few outings, but if Palmyra can keep within 3 or 4 tries of Neddies in Pallys present state of unpreparedness, they can still be considered an outside chance of making the four, especially considering the parlous states of Perth and Kalamunda.

I hear Uni are going great guns, and Cottesloe have quality written all over them, so my early predictions of a great season ahead, especially amongst the leading half a dozen clubs, is panning out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by fulvio sammut; 19-03-11 at 20:25.

vCash
    Ok, so forceguy saw the Perth game, Hansie/ BDG saw the Neddies game, and half a dozen others at least saw the Rocky, Western 'Burbs and Uni games.

What happened?

vCash
    No Mate I only saw the Roo dog game this weekend
    I have not heard anything from Baysie apart from the U/18 that won

vCash
    Good to hear your under 18's got a run.

I'm starting to dispair about that grade.

We've played two clubs, so far, and neither have been able to field a team.

I'm starting to doubt there will be a viable competition in that grade.

You know what really pisses me off? RugbyWA screwed the under 20' s comp a couple of seasons ago by changing the age group criteria, and as soon as clubs like Perth and Pally get over the problems and get on track again, they will allow
    opportunists like Soaks and Nedlands to forget the under 18's ever existed, and carry on as usual with no penalty.

And then they will allow them to poach those players, and claim credit for "developing juniors".

vCash
    No under 18's, no first grade . It's quite simple, even Stooke and the rest of the RugbyWA board should understand the principle.

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 20-03-11 at 23:57.

Rookie
    vCash
    Go to bed Fulvio!

vCash
    Is that all you've got to offer, Oracle?

I can get more constructive imput from our club president, and I think that dik's got it in for me too!

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 21-03-11 at 00:09.

vCash
    Watch it fulv, the paranoids are out to get me because I won't join them. They'll be after you next!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Ok, so forceguy saw the Perth game, Hansie/ BDG saw the Neddies game, and half a dozen others at least saw the Rocky, Western 'Burbs and Uni games.

What happened?
    In the words of Sergeant Shultz,"I saw noothing!"

Champion
    vCash
    By all accounts the weather at the foreshore was delightful for rugby against Wests.

I was sampling some great Gallagher's cab Sav at Woody Nook and also a cheeky number from Willespie.

Games were very even, a couple of handbags thrown around but both clubs at full strength.

Under 18's are proving tough to entice to the foreshore. Even having the most experienced international coach as their head coach, an exclusive session with Robbie Deans and a pair of Skins shorts has not been as helpful as we would have thought. I am told Uni and Cott have huge numbers, I just hope they can keep them all in the game. Colts have a history of " not enough game time - then I am off". It would be sad if we lose them to the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Ok, so forceguy saw the Perth game,

What happened?
    Bayswater prems did not play the past weekend they were on a camp