Thread: The problem is Giteau and Ashley-Cooper

vCash

The problem is Giteau and Ashley-Cooper

IS THIS the biggest serve a player has given his teammates in the history of Super Rugby?

Here is what Matt Giteau had to say about the performance, or lack of it, by his fellow Brumbies following their 52-10 defeat last week by the Crusaders: ''Whether it is a mental thing, I don't know, we need to be stronger. We need to be more personal in our reviews, we need to name people that are lazy, so that people are accountable when we're doing our reviews … but it has to be more personal. It's time [to] say: 'You weren't here, why weren't you there?'''

Although Giteau did use the word ''we'' there was no real attempt in his comments to associate himself directly with his scathing criticisms of the Brumbies players. The least he could have done is say something along the lines of , ''I include myself in all of this.'' For this is the fact of matter. The grand plan of bringing Giteau back to the Brumbies to guide the team to a third Super Rugby title from the No.10 position has failed already. A reason for this, aside from the franchise imploding in a coaching crisis, is Giteau's own poor play and goal kicking. The outstanding Australian No.10 last week was James O'Connor, not Giteau.
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/su...318-1c0g7.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The grand plan of bringing Giteau back to the Brumbies to guide the team to a third Super Rugby title from the No.10 position has failed already. A reason for this, aside from the franchise imploding in a coaching crisis, is Giteau's own poor play and goal kicking. The outstanding Australian No.10 last week was James O'Connor, not Giteau.
    Calm keep and feel the force you must

Oh, and I agree

"The Brumbies clearly need an experienced head coach, someone who knows their system and their players well enough to immediately make the necessary changes in team selection and method that clearly need to be made. Such a person is readily available. Who other than Andy Friend, the sacked coach who has behaved impeccably throughout the shambles of his dismissal."

Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if Nucifora was called up in his current position to act as emergency cover with Friend as his deputy

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Just be thankful that John Mitchell, Rugby WA and their CEO at the time had the fortitude to stare some of these brats down and show them the door. Despite wide spread ridicule, half truths and wild speculation from the Eastern States media scrum. Reading between the lines, it was a close run thing. The biographies will make interesting reading, if they tell the full story.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Notably, it's taken Gits spreading his shit at a more easterly province for the SMH to understand.

Who here saw it going any differently, hopefully it'll be enough to see AAC in ocean blue next year!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    No thanks GIGS, I think we can do without him!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I like Ashley-Cooper. We don't know what influence he had on Friend's departure or whether it was justified. i.e. Was Friend that bad?

I think being at the Force would suit him quite well.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I like him as a player, he doesn't display the softness of mind of Gits and the pre-tahs drew. I don't know how much he had to do with the sacking of Andy Friend, but he would have to know that he's not coming into a franchise whose board will sack the coach willy nilly. You'd have to hope the Brumbies have a look at that decision, because winning the comp with that move ten years ago is not really a justification anymore.

AAC runs hard and would add depth to our outside backs, I'd take him

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Just be thankful that John Mitchell, Rugby WA and their CEO at the time had the fortitude to stare some of these brats down and show them the door.
    that wouldn't be the same john mitchell that was also shown the door, with a year remaining on his contract?....

vCash
    No that would be the John Mitchell who was granted an early release upon request.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    No that would be the John Mitchell who was granted an early release upon request.
    same thing really ...shown the door by mutual consent..

vCash
    Dunno about that, did Andy Friend consent?

If Mitchell hadn't asked for the release, the board would have honored his contract.

I personally think it was never going to happen, and if it did, Mitchell would have been head coach in name only, but even that is vastly different from being sacked mid season.

I'd call Shasta pretty much on the money, the contrast between the two situations is pretty clear.

C'mon the

vCash
    Maybe The brumbies need to get Sir Alex Fergussen from Manchester United to coach he knows how to handle player power just ask David Beckham and others who have tried that approach.