Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Report: Western Force vs Sharks

vCash
    Before i knock off for bed one thing I am concerned about is teams might target the force pack with mauls. 2 games now weve been out muscled in that area and costed tries.
    goodnight all

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    On Louis Ludik.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    Before i knock off for bed one thing I am concerned about is teams might target the force pack with mauls. 2 games now weve been out muscled in that area and costed tries.
    goodnight all
    That's the price of having 4 loosies.

I thought the tackle was fine too - and Cummins is forever known as Rambo now!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Why does The Force consistantly get "The Muppet" referring appointment. Tonight's shambolic performance by Keith "Give me a RWC gig" Brown is the latest in a long list of sub-standard referees that we have been subjected to.

It is overdue that the Western Force Management Group make representation to SANZAR & improve the calibre of the officials that we are allocated.

More than one member has said to be last season, that the level of refereeing we receive will infulence turn them away from renewing their membership...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    At least it has been a long time since we've had Kaplan.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dunno how you managed that report so quick James, I'm still stuck on "that's fucked"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    At least it has been a long time since we've had Kaplan.
    Careful what you wish for....

vCash
    Spear tackles we can do without- what's to gain ? Always risk of red or yellow card . It's indiscipline that gave us no chance in the game as much as I enjoyed seeing the opposed nailed in the tackle.

Pocock injury also gave us no chance. To have any chance we needed our first xv fully fit and onnpitcj.

We hung in showed some spirit.

Basic passing / ball retention is not at a sufficient level for this competition.

David Smith and Mafi looked electric - we have to bring them into the play instead of standing on the wing with no ball.

Looking at the home fixtures for rest of season , I am concerned of our chances seeing a home victory acting stage
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Not sure if a Coach has tried everything to win when he has been down to 14 for most of the match, and 13 at times, if there is still a player getting splinters at the end of the night?

The tackle would have been a very low level Yellow if Fairbanks hadn't joined in, Sidey was driving him up and back then Fairbanks made the legs spin and lose balance. I accept that spears are bad and that it was a Yellow offence, but a Red is a joke. The officious turd with the whistle needs to learn some communication skills. Not questioning his shithouse decisions, more the way he conveyed them. For all his faults, at least Steve Walsh has the respect of the 44 on the pitch.

Last edited by Burgs; 06-03-11 at 07:37.
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patster View Post
    Why does The Force consistantly get "The Muppet" referring appointment. Tonight's shambolic performance by Keith "Give me a RWC gig" Brown is the latest in a long list of sub-standard referees that we have been subjected to.
    I believe they have a draw for the refs where the top ones referee the top teams from the last season, the theory is if they don't screw up as much in those ones it won't be as noticeable since who cares about the force or cheetahs or highlanders?

I don't know if that's still how it works, but it came into effect around 2-3 years ago.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    I believe they have a draw for the refs where the top ones referee the top teams from the last season, the theory is if they don't screw up as much in those ones it won't be as noticeable since who cares about the force or cheetahs or highlanders?
    The Highlanders are going great guns at the moment.

In the end, a spear/dangerous tackle is worth a yellow or a red. I don't have too many problems with the ref's decision. Sidey was careless. Fairbanks was lucky. Maybe a double yellow, but that would have been tough 10 mins also.

This is the same ref who called back 2 potential Shorks tries.

We need to focus on ourselves. In reality what precious ball we had we lost through poor execution. And our scrum was totally dominated.

The Blues just won on the high veld. We need to be on our game to have any chance next week.

vCash
    Gutted by the loss, a sad end to a highly charged day, the boys can hold their heads high in my book, watched the game there, pissed and this morning, soberish, Inmans elbow looked terrible, hope Poeys ok.
    The sheds,"The Referees a wankeur" at the end was spot on, excuse my french

vCash
    I bolted home to watch the iq, I've softened on the ref, but he's still not completely off the hook, it's not so much the penalties he called on the force, it's the ones he missed for the sharks. That being said, on review, it's unlikely that he gave them enough to secure the win.

Sidey's unlucky and will be suspended for the card, Fairbanks was the real villain though, can he be cited for that? You don't want double jeopardy with Sidey having to be suspended because he got the card even though he was pretty much in the wrong place at the wrong time.......but that tackle was ugly!

For mine, the back line composition isn't as important as the forwards, joc has proven that he's quite a serviceable flyhalf when he's on the front foot, but quite ordinary when the game's in his face and he has no room, I don't know that Willie will be any better, we need to be sure we're dominant over the ball ALL GAME and then I'd be calling cummins into 13 mafi, smith and shepherd for the outside. 10 and 12 would depend upon willie being fit, the difference would be joc being three times the 12 of Fairbanks (who was to be fair solid, but not electric)

C'mon the

vCash
    Yes. I thought the ref was more pedantic more then anything in that yes he was right in the call but most refs let stuff like that slide.....but then it was driving me nuts at the non calls on the sharks when they were rushing up illegally at times.

The JOC and Fairbanks combination isnt working in attack.....u could tell they were frustrated at each other.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Part of the handling problems is down to team familiarity. Fairbanks is new, Smith is new, and there are a handful of others too. It also hurts the support play a bit. That'll get better. What put a lot of pressure on us, in my opinion, was not having a go to player for slow/bad ball. Mitch Inman is a big unit and is a good option when you are running off a retreating scrum or slow ball. He puts 20kgs on Gene Fairbanks and wouldn't have been rag-dolled like Fairbanks was in that monster Willem Alberts tackle. No wonder JO'C and Fairbanks were pissed at each other. O'Connor didn't have that option and Fairbanks was on the receiving end of that.

I saw Bartholomeusz and Hockings sitting in their suits a few rows in front. Does anyone know if Barty is fit? I'd like to see him run out at 10, JOC to 12, Cummins to 13 and Mafi to start. I think an experienced player like Bart would settle down our attack a little.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast