Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Force Memberships At An All Time High

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Force Memberships At An All Time High

The Western Force will have the backing of the most loyal fans in Australia this season with membership renewals hitting a record number. The same positive sentiment has extended across an impressive sponsorship portfolio as the club looks towards their first home game of the 2011 campaign tomorrow night against the Sharks.

The move to a rectangular playing venue last season and a number of heart pounding victories against the likes of the Stormers and Crusaders obviously struck the right chord with members as they rushed to renew their memberships at an all-time high.

The club’s famous ‘sea of blue’ continues to build with 14,719 season ticket holders already signed up while the membership team continues to field increased interest from prospective Emirates Western Force members.

While a rectangular field configuration that truly lets you ‘Feel the Force’ has been a key element in the outstanding membership results to date, so too has been the added value of becoming a member in 2011. This season there will be eight blockbuster games in Perth, more than ever before, while membership prices have remained at last year’s levels, delivering a whopping 33% more value for free!

“We have a wonderfully loyal member base. In achieving this record renewal rate they have certainly voted with their feet and given a huge tick of approval following our move to a venue where the action is only meters away,” RugbyWA CEO Vern Reid said.

“The ‘sea of blue’ is a significant driving force behind our organisation and we welcome them back in significant numbers for a new season which will see even more of the world’s best provincial rugby being played in our own backyard.

“There has been extremely positive sentiment following our opening performance of 2011 and we look forward to having the stands full at our first home game this Saturday against the Sharks,” Mr Reid said.

Emirates Western Force partners have also shown outstanding loyalty and commitment to the code with a significant number of sponsors upping their investment in rugby.

Bankwest, who last season joined as the official ‘Happy Grassroots Partner’ of rugby has added apparel branding to their portfolio and will appear on the front of the club’s playing and training shorts. Bankwest has also become the official partner of the Bankwest Rugby Academy programme which provides a dedicated pathway for talented players in the state.

Leading health provider MBF Health Insurance, who has been with the Emirates Western Force since the club’s inception, has also continued their association. The renewal of MBF Health Insurance is a coup for the club following a review by MBF of their sponsorships in WA which resulted in funds being redirected from other sports franchises to numerous alternate projects however their rugby presence was maintained.

Award winning wine producer Vasse Felix has joined as the official wine partner while Diageo, supplier of products including Bundaberg Rum, have maintained their level of commitment to rugby in WA by renewing with the Emirates Western Force despite reducing their commitment to rugby at a national level.

The close knit relationships developed between the club and its partners as well as the successful activations and leveraging has led to a further 16 partners renewing and embracing the opportunities provided by rugby and the Emirates Western Force.

“The strength of the Emirates Western Force brand and the ability to deliver a strong return on investment for our partners is evidenced in the fact we have been able to build relationships that have extended over a number of seasons,” Mr Reid said.

“Rugby in Western Australia would certainly not have been able to prosper in such a way had it not been for the support of our partners who have shown their dedication to the development of the code from the grassroots through to the elite programme.

“On behalf of RugbyWA and all of our constituents we are enormously grateful for the contributions made by our corporate partners and are excited about the opportunities to work together in 2011 and into the future,” said Mr Reid.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    awsome

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    14,719 season ticket holders - that's not bad

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    not bad, but how is it a record? didn't we have over 21,000 in 2006? surely there were fewer than 7,000 out of town memberships?

C'mon the

vCash
    i like hearing how awesome we are .............. (taking note NSWRU on how to stay viable)

vCash
    a lot of that 21000 might not have had tickets as part of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    not bad, but how is it a record? didn't we have over 21,000 in 2006? surely there were fewer than 7,000 out of town memberships?

Title says it's a record number, but the text says record 'renewal'...so I'm guessing it's a record for people holding onto membership year-on-year.

Fantastic news anyway- can't wait to rejoin the Sea of Blue tomorrow night

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    is it just me or does this quote

while membership prices have remained at last year’s levels, delivering a whopping 33% more value for free
    sound just like an excerpt from a budget speech Wayne Swan might have said???

the memberships and cost of jersey's are expensive EWF - admit it!! I don't renew my membership to save money or increase the number of caps I own!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    but you get Jersey's I'm half thinking of collecting surplus hats to create a female jersey without the dreaded dragon - they haven't made one for 2 years now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Title says it's a record number, but the text says record 'renewal'...so I'm guessing it's a record for people holding onto membership year-on-year.

Lies, damned lies and statistics,eh?
    Not that it's untrue, just a clever use of numbers.

The corporate loyalty being developed is the impressive bit.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post

a record renewal could be a negative number couldn't it? IIRC our membership has reduced every year until this one.

That'd actually be a really funny press release.

"The Western Force today announced that membership renewals have hit all-time record highs with an annual increase in membership of -1.4% Club officials are ecstatic at the good result and hope to improve this number to greater than -1% next year.

The club's five year plan includes a steady march to a point where we have more members that the previous year."

C'mon the

vCash
    Don't give a stuff whether its a record or not..it's always good to be part of a "sea of blue"..hopefully majority of these memberships will be at every game..GO THE FORCE!

See you tomorrow..

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Considering that the Stadium only holds what like 20,000 people at the moment, 15,000 members is awesome. The Blues and Crusaders games will be sell-outs and I'd wager that we will get close to 20,000 from the others between fans who can't make all the game so don't get memberships, away team fans and people who rock up just to see what it is like. We finished pretty low on the ladder last year so 15k members is great.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    One More Sleep....Going to bed early so it goes quicker..

vCash
    Go us!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast