Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gits up to his old tricks.... ?

vCash
    I'm not familiar with that lingo. If you didn't want me to reply like that why did you assert over and over that my judgement is wrong? I would understand if you didn't want to discuss the issue any further if you say so without the added comments.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Broader shoulders would imply taking a bit of a jibe which was clearly meant in fun without throwing the toys out of the cot.
    I will be sure not to include you in any further attempts at humour on any topic.
    You seriously need to unwind dude, you'll have a stroke.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I thought you were joking at first, so i went along with it. But after your last reply i thought you were serious, a wink like in your first post is always fine.

Champion
    vCash
    sit back Jazz93 sometimes coments get taken out of context... happens to all of us, I would of thought u would have learnt hierachy wityin this forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    There is little doubt the rift between Friend and the senior players was a major factor. Five senior players - Matt Giteau, Stephen Hoiles, Rocky Elsom, Stephen Moore and Adam Ashley-Cooper - met Friend before the opening round of the season to discuss their concerns.SMH Today.

That aint in alphabetical order...
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    I find it hard to believe this whole drama is the result of one players ambition to get rid of every coach he gets. As i've said before we don't know at this point, but it is just as likely that the coach was doing a shit job and would have been fired for being a control freak eventually whether or not Giteau/Elsom was playing at the Brumbies.
    Looks like it was five players, but I think it significant that several of the articles on this today are talking about player power. Rod Kafer (nobody on the planet will be more in the loop than him in this case) even wrote an article (posted somewhere here) defending it as the way of the future. I think there is mounting circumstantial evidence to suggest that this is entirely the reason for the sacking (let's face it a 50% record is hardly a disastrous performance). I also think it's significant that Bernie Larkham, with two weeks experience is being touted as the successor (Giteau's mate) and that since the start of the season, Matt Giteau has played #10 (the position he feels he deserves, regardless of his performance in that spot)

I know you want to wait for evidence....I understand the moral and legal principle to which you refer, and it's an honourable one, but as I stated earlier, that evidence will not see the light of day, in the absence of that. I'll pull together the threads of the rumour, speculation and innuendo delivered by people who are closer to the source than me, try to weed out the shit and figure out the real story.

I guess if you don't want me to speculate it's Gits, please follow up with a circumstantial case which points anywhere else.

Please note, I've worked pretty hard to write this post without criticising your stance on this issue, so try to stick to the discussion and not take it personally.

C'mon the

vCash
    I agree that you hold a reasonable view point. Its only when people quote me and tell me i'm wrong that i state exactly why i hold a reasonable view myself.

Speculation on every player is good. The articles out today suggest that the senior players had a role in this, whether it was justified or not i don't know.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    "save it for the game" folks

Veteran
    vCash
    SAVE IT! - game...

vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    It was interesting to see what Hoiles had to say. He came off sounding a bit like a knob. I sincerely doubt that any decision made by Fagan would've been made without the express consent of the 'leadership group'.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It was interesting to see what Hoiles had to say. He came off sounding a bit like a knob. I sincerely doubt that any decision made by Fagan would've been made without the express consent of the 'leadership group'.
    Hoiles is a knob.

Remember last year (I think it was the match that led to Steve Walsh being considered persona non grata in Canberra) when, after another Brumbies scrum collapse he was heard to say: "Let me give you the tip, ref...."

Got to love the respect of these jumped up tossers!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    You have got it in 1 JK.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    Got to love the respect of these jumped up tossers!
    Interesting discussion about this subject on Foxsports "The Back Page" yesterday. Robert Craddock said that a trend is emerging where coaches are reluctant to do the old "finger in the chest" type coaching with non performing players. They are more likely to use positive reinforcement. He thinks it a gen Y thing.

I don't agree. Players like JOC, Pocock, Hodgo and Brownie are all from this generation and seemed to thrive under John Mitchell's coaching style. Running a Rugby squad is in some ways similar to being an officer in the services. Things go much better with a bit of discipline and a defined command structure.

It was interesting that they also made the point that Wayne Bennett refuses to let assistant coaches address his players. He wants his players to know clearly who is giving the directions and who they are answerable to. Few would argue that he's the best coach of the modern era in any Australian football code.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3