Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pubs for Watching Super Rugby and 6 Nations

vCash
    Don't bother with La Boheme if you're going to/from a game -they won't let you in if you're wearing "sportswear". Turning money away - great way to run a business.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Veteran
    vCash
    bring back Bobby's!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Don't bother with La Boheme if you're going to/from a game -they won't let you in if you're wearing "sportswear". Turning money away - great way to run a business.
    In fact, don't go there at all, at any time. As Bobby Dazzlers it was an OK pub, but it's now got pretensions.

On game days go next door to the Moon & Sixpence and you'll probably bump into a few Force supporters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    On game days go next door to the Moon & Sixpence and you'll probably bump into a few Force supporters.
    Yep. They are both run by the same outfit so I don't suppose they'll not lose too much trade - IF they get some better screens for watching S15.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Usually knock off early on a Friday to get the 2nd half of the 1st game of the week, at the Brass Monkey.

Usually on in the back bar. If you ask nicely they will even put the sound on for you

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    Usually knock off early on a Friday to get the 2nd half of the 1st game of the week, at the Brass Monkey.

Usually on in the back bar. If you ask nicely they will even put the sound on for you
    You can do the same at The Charles Hotel, but sometime the other "distractions" in the back room can interupt a good match though

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    You can do the same at The Charles Hotel, but sometime the other "distractions" in the back room can interupt a good match though
    Might have to taxi up there instead

Prospect
    vCash
    Good evening everyone, I thought this might be the appropriate place for this question but if it isn't feel free to move it.

I know I'll probably get flamed for asking this but does anyone know of a kiwi friendly pub to watch a Bledisloe game in Perth? I went to the Stamford Arms in Scarborough a couple of years ago and it seemed like there wasn't a green shirt in the place! Are there any more around? Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy^Clear View Post
    Good evening everyone, I thought this might be the appropriate place for this question but if it isn't feel free to move it.

I know I'll probably get flamed for asking this but does anyone know of a kiwi friendly pub to watch a Bledisloe game in Perth? I went to the Stamford Arms in Scarborough a couple of years ago and it seemed like there wasn't a green shirt in the place! Are there any more around? Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I think most pubs will be kiwi friendly. You'll have a tougher time finding one that is Wallaby friendy

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy^Clear View Post
    I know I'll probably get flamed...........couple of years ago and it seemed like there wasn't a green shirt in the place!
    Not really a .........but anyway.......Green shirts??? So they were playing a Bledisloe against....South Africa?.... or maybe Ireland?

Lots of the places that show Rugby free on Foxtel seem well stocked with Kiwis. The Carbon Sports Bar is usually packed to the walls. Wonder why that is?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I got an email enquiry from someone recently landed in Perth as to good pubs for rugby, I pointed them at this thread and the pubs mentioned. I got this back:

I went to the Mustang Bar in Northbridge. Suffice to say, it did the job...
    Actually, it was quite good for just watching the rugby. There was a couple of other guys there, but they were either super drunk kiwis or not up for much chat.

But it was quiet, they happily had the sound on (when I asked), and they serve free peanuts in the shell, so I would go back.

However, I saw a lot of places around Northbridge advertise that they'd be showing the 6 nations later that night.

Well, I guess they weren't lying, it was on a TV, but the lines to get in and the enormous crowds was hardly conducive to watching the rugby!! Lesson learnt on Northbridge.

I've seen the Paddington in Mt Hawthorn (North Perth?) advertise that they show the rugby so I might try that this weekend.

I'm hoping he gets back to us with how he goes at the Paddo.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Veteran
    vCash
    I walked past the paddo on Sat, and they had the rugby on, i'm not so sure about sound though, i would guess not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    I walked past the paddo on Sat, and they had the rugby on, i'm not so sure about sound though, i would guess not.
    Sound was on in the Front Bar - I was there!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Dead set!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2