Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "BAH, HUMBUG" SAID MR. PICKWICK

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

"BAH, HUMBUG" SAID MR. PICKWICK

I've been able to put my ear to the ground again this week, American Indian style, and have heard a few of the rumblings from club land.

There are some unhappy chappies out there, and some gleeful rubbing of grubby hands, Fagin style, as well.

Want to know the confirmed spread of available Force/Academy players amongst the clubs? Cop this. Cottesloe 12, Nedlands 7, University 5, Perth 1 ,others nil.
    RugbyWA, slightly embarrassed by this imbalance, suggested to Cott that perhaps they didn't need that many. Cott in turn suggested they naff off and RugbyWA hastily took their advice.

So now the other clubs, through their ownership of the Force, are paying the wages of Cott's fully professional team, and the wages of half Neddies and Uni's teams. Perfectly fair and reasonable dont you think?

It might be a rather boring season for them, playing only againat each other, if the other clubs refuse to engage them, though.

And Cott have used their force players judiciously as well. They have sent Pusey, very generously, to help coach Southern Lions colts. The Southern mugs are giving Cott's representitive free unfetter access to all their colts and think Cott is wonderful, or at least they will until they discover they no longer have any decent colts left.

And turning now to finances, or rather the lack thereof, the word is that the clubs are to receive the wonderful news in the next few days that the well has dried up, and there will be no money available from RugbyWA to pay player insurance, which runs to 10's of thousands in the senior clubs. It wouldn't surprise me if they also announce a levy on each club to help pay for Cottesloe's dream team.

Ah, interesting times.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What happened to the intended cordial

C'mon the

vCash
    Rex called me a pussy....

vCash
    Dude, with an attitude like that, you need to shift to rockingham you're wasted at a toffee nosed joint like paly.

C'mon the

vCash
    Keep faith Fulvio it ain't that bad, everyone was complaining that the force players were playing over east and now everyone is complaining that they don't have enough Force players in their club LOL
    How many of these players will actually play for a club this year ?? Also why don't the clubs pull their fingers out there arses and start looking for decent sponsors rather than wait for money from RugbyWA that they don't have.
    ARU have cut RugbyWA's money substantially this year so don't complain at RugbyWA shout at ARU.

Also if the clubs start taking training seriously then playing against Force players won't be that hard.

vCash
    So, forceguy, in essence you are acknowledging that everything I said is true and correct?

vCash
    What are you winging about FS. You may not have any force/academy players but the Irish & Scottish players that Paly are spending their sponsership money on will have more experience & will be available to play every weekend. I"ve got a new way out there concept. DEVELOP YOUR OWN JUNIORS INSTEAD OF WASTING YOUR MONEY ON FLY IN FLY OUT CLUB SLUTS.

----------------------------------

vCash
    My, the neanderthals are frothing at the mouth.

What a club does or doesn't do with its own money is its business. It's when other clubs' money is being indirectly used to prop up clubs which until recently did not even have colts teams that I start to call bullshit by its proper name.

And very convenient of you in your non sequitur diatribe to overlook the fact that Palmyra is the biggest junior club in the union and has been in the forefront of junior rugby development in WA for the last decade.

And what club are you involved in, pray tell so that your self interest can be analysed in that light?

At least I've got the guts to put my name and my allegiance out there, unlike you, you coward.

vCash
    Then why if Paly have been doing so much development and have so many juniors have they struggled to put together U20's teams over the past few seasons, also why would they require the services of so many recruits from abroad for their 1st grade. I'm not suggesting that this is just a Paly problem but more of a blight on rugby in WA in general.

I have been involved with 2 clubs in differing roles within Perth over the years but no longer have an allegiance with any inparticular.

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    What are you winging about FS. You may not have any force/academy players but the Irish & Scottish players that Paly are spending their sponsership money on will have more experience & will be available to play every weekend. I"ve got a new way out there concept. DEVELOP YOUR OWN JUNIORS INSTEAD OF WASTING YOUR MONEY ON FLY IN FLY OUT CLUB SLUTS.
    Whinging -Sponsorship - I've

Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    My, the neanderthals are frothing at the mouth.

What a club does or doesn't do with its own money is its business. It's when other clubs' money is being indirectly used to prop up clubs which until recently did not even have colts teams that I start to call bullshit by its proper name.

And very convenient of you in your non sequitur diatribe to overlook the fact that Palmyra is the biggest junior club in the union and has been in the forefront of junior rugby development in WA for the last decade.

And what club are you involved in, pray tell so that your self interest can be analysed in that light?

At least I've got the guts to put my name and my allegiance out there, unlike you, you coward.
    But why you so mad though?

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio, Are you happy to stand corrected?

Pek and Tim Fairbrother have been Neddies stalwarts for a long time - doubt we'll see them in the royal blue this season.

Will Brock has also been Neddies for years, his Dad is immortalized on our club room wall, Will went to Sydney and Played 1st grade and made some friends there. Will is back and 2 of his mates - Pat Delit ( team mate at Easts) and Jono Jenkins - mate, have decided to come to Neddies too.

By my count that makes 4 Force players to Neddies NOT 7. Which other three are coming to Neddies?

Talk to your president about Player Insurance for 2011 - he was at the meeting last year when RugbyWA made the announcement for 2011.

Here's a challenge - Draft up a constructive business plan that begins with supporting our Professional team, encouraging people through the turnstiles so that perhaps money can be made, so that perhaps money can flow into community rugby. How about for every brickbat, provide a credible, positive solution?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    credible, positive solutions aren't half as interesting to read ...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    HA HA

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    good to see this season Fulvio's pot & paddle are bigger than ever

vCash
    The 7 figure was posted on this site by one of your members in a previous thread, Hansie.

If your club has four players employed and paid by the Force in its roster,
    then it has a fair and proper share of the number of Force players available.

But only if every other club has four available to them.

Otherwise it is a rort and a scam upon all the other clubs who don't. The fact that these are employees of the Force is the issue, not how wonderful your club is, or their willingness to be there.

My money is paying for your clubs players, your money is not paying for mine. Simple.

And finally, if I wanted to be part of the RugbyWA decision making body, I would stand for the position. I don't.

It is not for me to provide a blueprint for RugbyWA as to how it should conduct itself. It is up to RugbyWA to be fair, open and evenhanded in it's dealings with all clubs, and I have every right to object when I perceive them not to be doing so.

As to the insurance payment issue, perhaps we both better wait for the announcement based on the current financial situation, not last years outdated projections.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast