NICK TAYLOR, The West Australian
January 13, 2011, 7:47 am

John Mokrzycki/WA News ©
Western Force scrum-half Brett Sheehan has never taken a backward step on a rugby field - and nothing will change as he heads into the new Super competition.

He is an aggressive, passionate player who pushes the boundaries as far as he can.

"I've always played a certain style. It's what has made me the player I am I guess," Sheehan said.

"I've sat down with Richard (Force head coach Richard Graham) and we've discussed a few things but I won't be moving away from my game. I won't be changing those characteristics."

Geraldton-born Sheehan relished his first year at the Force and seventh in Super rugby after moving from the Waratahs, even though he only managed eight appearances in a season hampered by shoulder and hamstring injuries.

One thing the nuggetty No.9 hopes will change is the number of fly-halves he will be paired with, preferably just one - new signing Willie Ripia.

Last year, the three-times capped Wallaby had Sam Harris, James O'Connor, David Hill and Mark Bartholomeusz outside him during the competition and Andre Pretorius in trial games before his season-ending injury.

"I didn't know who I was going to get from one week to another," Sheehan said.

"Hopefully, touch wood, we don't get another run of injuries that caused that to happen. It will be great to get a solid, settled pairing.

"It's important that Willie and I build a partnership. We drive the team and we have to be on the same page.

"We've got a great forward pack to thrive off and if Willie and I get our combinations right, we will produce a good running side.

"We have some dynamic players and dynamic finishers."

Sheehan, 33, has Wallaby Sevens star James Stannard in his second stint at the Force as well as Australian schoolboy and under-20s representative Justin Turner and academy member Mark Swanepoel snapping at his heels.

"They call me the old bull these days but it's good having the young blokes around. It keeps me on my toes," Sheehan said.

"Keeping up the pressure helps my game, makes me work harder."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...till-charging/