Thread: WALLABIES BACK EARLY TO PLAY CATCH UP

vCash

WALLABIES BACK EARLY TO PLAY CATCH UP

Emirates Western Force Wallabies including Nathan Sharpe, James O’Connor and Matt Hodgson have joined pre-season training early to ensure they’re fit and firing when they make their official return to team training next week.
    On the back of two stellar Super Rugby campaigns Hodgson earned his Wallabies debut in 2010 and was part of the year ending Spring Tour. The star loose forward, who has claimed successive West Australian Rosendorff Rolex Emirates Western Force Player of the Year Awards, said he enjoyed a brief break from rugby over the Christmas and New Year period but made the decision to return to a week earlier than scheduled to ensure he was up to speed with the new look squad who have been put through an intense pre-season programmes since early November.

“I’m just doing bits and pieces to get ready for the season, it’s only a short turnaround before it all starts. A few sessions on the field and in the gym now will definitely help so that come next week I’m not that far behind the other boys,” Hodgson said.

“Sharpie and I did a fair bit on Monday and Rabbit [O’Connor] has joined us so we’re just doing our own little bit to catch up to where the boys are at after their massive pre-season they’ve had.”

While Hodgson’s conditioning isn’t too far off the mark, he said arriving back early has other benefits, including getting to know some of the new faces in both the playing and coaching ranks.

“It’s good having worked under Richard Graham (Head Coach) and Phil Blake (Defence & Skills Coach) at the Wallabies last year, while I grew up watching Nick Stiles (Forwards Coach) play. I don’t know how Nick goes about his coaching but I’m looking forward to finding out on Monday,” he said with a smile.

“From what I’ve seen in terms of our programme the a main focus for the returning Wallabies will be strength and conditioning for but we’ll also incorporate a few skills and line-outs next week with the team.”

There is a fresh look to the 2011 team and Hodgson believes the club has a great mix of experience and youth which can press a claim to be the significant improver in the competition this season.

“It’s a clean slate for us and I think we’ll go out strong and enjoy the expanded competition. I for one can’t wait for Super Rugby to get underway” he said.

The Emirates Western Force will play trial matches in NSW on Saturday, 5 February and Thursday, 10 February before kicking starting the regular season on Sunday, 20 February against the Reds in Brisbane.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    18 rounds should have em fit for the finals
    I wonder if the kiwis/bok/aussies will have any players left standing for the world cup?

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    18 rounds should have em fit for the finals
    I wonder if the kiwis/bok/aussies will have any players left standing for the world cup?
    Didn't seem to hurt England in 2007

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Didn't seem to hurt England in 2007
    England didn't run the football in 2007

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    less than 4 weeks before the trial games commence!!! bring on 2011 S15.....

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyWA View Post
    The Emirates Western Force will play trial matches in NSW on Saturday, 5 February and Thursday, 10 February before kicking starting the regular season on Sunday, 20 February against the Reds in Brisbane.
    Anyone know who or where we are playing on 5 February??

Waratahs site indicates they are playing the Fiji Warriors on Friday 4 February

http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs/...4/Default.aspx

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    5th Feb - Western Force ‘A’ v Brumby Runners and Western Force v Barbarians
    So I am guessing in ACT as opposed to NSW unless Runners are travelling too?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.