Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: preseason Super rugby news

vCash
    the SARU have pretty much affirmed that the Souther Spears will be involved in 2013, currently they are planning on having there team in a expanded competition but they have said they will have a contingency plan if a expansion doesnt happen, which will be along a promotion/relegation system.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The spears are already playing friendly games against all the SA super rugby teams as Pre season warm ups.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    the SARU have pretty much affirmed that the Souther Spears will be involved in 2013, currently they are planning on having there team in a expanded competition but they have said they will have a contingency plan if a expansion doesnt happen, which will be along a promotion/relegation system.
    I reckon it'll go along the same lines as any other sanzar negotiation, the saffers will suggest it, everyone else will reject it, the saffers will threaten to take their bat n ball and go home, everyone else will say fine then, we'll play without you and we'll end up with some half assed bastardized solution which lies somewhere in the middle and satisfies nobody.

One of these days, we need to get together with the kiwis and determine to stick it up Saru, just for the principle.

C'mon the

vCash
    "Southern Kings"...

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I reckon it'll go along the same lines as any other sanzar negotiation, the saffers will suggest it, everyone else will reject it, the saffers will threaten to take their bat n ball and go home, everyone else will say fine then, we'll play without you and we'll end up with some half assed bastardized solution which lies somewhere in the middle and satisfies nobody.
    I believe they already have suggested it and Australia and NZ are open to the idea. Personally I don't have any objection now that they have their own conference to screw with.

Last edited by beige; 05-01-11 at 09:08.

Player
    vCash
    "Pretorius was forced to travel to Germany for homeopathic treatment before the 2007 Rugby World Cup following a stubborn hamstring and buttock injury and missed the entire 2008 season after tearing ligaments in his foot."

Did anyone else notice this??? Homeopathic treatment?? WTF!!! No wonder he has so many injury problems if he treats them with nothing but water!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    they shake the bottle differently in Germany

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    interesting read... why am i not surprised beast has signed a contract with diff franchise without killing of the current one... his mate Brian Mujati did the same to the Lions by signing with WP...
    Tendai Mtawarira will remain with the Sharks after signing a new three-year contract in Durban, putting to rest rumours of a move to the Lions.

According to South African newspaper The Mercury, the Springbok's fresh terms have propelled him to being one of their top earners.

"The Beast is a big part of the Sharks having come from nowhere to advance from the Sharks Academy to the senior team and then to the Springboks," said coach John Plumtree.

"He has gone on to become one of the best loosehead props in the world and our coaching staff are excited about continuing his development."

Read more: http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2...637800,00.html

vCash
    with Giteau .. where theres smoke theres a fire..

---
    Wallabies and Brumbies star Matt Giteau says that he will wait and see if "something fresh" comes along before making a decision on where he will be playing after 2011.

Giteau's Brumbies and Australian Rugby Union contracts expire at the end of World Cup in New Zealand later this year and he has not yet decided where he will play. .

Giteau says that the disappointing end to 2010 is the driving force behind his hunger for success with the ACT Brumbies and Wallabies this year.

The playmaker has been linked with cash-rish French clubs such as Toulon but Giteau insists that results with the Brumbies and the Wallabies will be the deciding factor on whether he plays away from Australia in the future.

"I want to be heavily involved in both the new season with the Brumbies and the Wallabies because it's a World Cup year as well," Giteau said.

"For me, it's about worrying about this year and seeing how my enjoyment and things like that go.
    more here...
    http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...p/2038769.aspx

vCash
    Bulls warmup games announced:
    The Bulls will play Super Rugby warm-up games against the Southern Kings and a Premier XV as part of their 2011 Super 15 preparations.

The Bulls will play the Kings in a compulsory friendly match in Port Elizabeth on January 29th and will face a Premier XV in Nelspruit's Mbombela Stadium on February 5th.

They open their Super Rugby campaign against the Lions on February 19th in Johannesburg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    with Giteau .. where theres smoke theres a fire..

---
    Wallabies and Brumbies star Matt Giteau says that he will wait and see if "something fresh" comes along before making a decision on where he will be playing after 2011.
    don't mean to be difficult zim, but it's more like with Giteau where there's an absence of smoke there's fire. Remember these old classics.
    "I'm not going anywhere, I'm committed to the Western Force"
    "I'm happy with the coaching (any coaching he's received in the last three years)"
    "I'm not upset at missing out on the Wallabies' vice captaincy"
    "I'm really looking forward to playing some good rugby this year (again, any of the last three years)"
    "I'm not looking to shorten my contract"

The list continues

C'mon the

vCash
    yeah when he says it.. but i mean the rumours that hes heading off to europe kinda smoke

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Would make life at the selection table much easier.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I still think he's cursed. Not sure whether he run over a black cat or something, but teams he's involved with ATM suck at winning games.

If he's looking to increase his value at the negotiating table, it'll be worse, he'll play selfish, like he did in the last season at the force and nobody else will see the ball

C'mon the

vCash
    The Stormers, the Lions and the Sharks will begin their Super Rugby campaigns with a tri-series in Cape Town starting at the end of January.

The Western Province Rugby Union confirmed on Monday that the three teams will compete in the pre-season tournament to take place at Newlands from January 28 to February 5.

It is the second annual warm-up series after Newlands hosted the first last year, a tournament which featured the Stormers, the Sharks and Australian outfit the Western .

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2...649127,00.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2