Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is the moron at RugbyWA which come up with Western Force XV??

Champion
    vCash

Thumbs down Who is the moron at RugbyWA which come up with Western Force XV??

Could we possablity confuse the public more??

Just name the team the " Western Force" and move on!

If I was Joe Public , I wouldn't go to the games as they aren't the state team!

The sad thing is it is the state team and they should be capped as a WA STATE TEAM, NOT ANOTHER SIDE!

NSW do it with the Waratahs when they went to Argentina and Eastern Europe!

Will the players be capped as a WA state Cap??

I don't mind them playing in another jumper, just make sure if we are going to play international games we are know hard and fast as the WESTERN FORCE !!

The Perth Gold can be used as a development side

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    DAM STRAIGHT THE MAN@! u tell em!

vCash
    Sounds like the name of a sh**ty cover band or something.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I don't see what the problem is?
    These are out of season development fixtures which will not include many of our normal starters who will be with the Wallabies or Australia “A” and will probably have some Academy players on the bench as well.
    It is the same as Australia without the 1stXV isn't the Wallabies or as having a Presidents XV against a touring side in the old days.
    However, without attaching "Western Force" to it there would be less credibility and promo opportunity.
    Perth Gold to my knowledge is still the "WA XV" and remains an amateur’s only selection.
    It would be interesting to know the official word on the status of State Caps as it would be a bit tenuous to refer to the Western Force as a State team as yet with only one local in the squad this season.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Burgs, It is an issue! The Western Force and all the S14 never have an " Out of season"

The NZ and SA may hate tribalism and their supporters by not having provences in the S14 ( Note the stands and stands of empty seats!)

Rugby WA shouldn't confuse the public and there should be a constant name is the public arena

Also, as a player , I would be a bit depressed having to play for a team which had no pride.

To have 20 Caps for WESTERN AUSTRALIA is a lot better than 13 for WA and 6 or 7 for a non descript, half baked , pre fab team with Put down like " XV" Tacked on the end

One of the great things from the NSW tours was the pride the players had to play for the STATE not a selection or Franchise

As such , the WESTERN FORCE is the STATE team of WESTERN AUSTRALIA!

The Ironic thing is the WESTERN FORCE , will have 22 Players for these games who have played for the WESTERN FORCE in the S14 , as there won't be many WA players in the Wallabies!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    If its going to be a WA team then I would want it to be made up of WA born and Bred Rugby players - last time i looked there was only one of those in the Force and according to the South African commentators he retired last Saturday morning.

By having a Western Force XV it allows Rugby WA to have Force Squad members represent Western Australia even tho they come from QLD or NSW or ACT etc

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    It is the Western Force XV because it is not the EMIRATES Western Force. The Emirates Western Force is purely just a Super 14 team, just like the Bulls (who are the Blue Bulls without their Springboks, etc).

Champion
    vCash
    Exile, So on that Logic , the ACT Brumbies should pull up stumps because they have AAC , Wal, Daniel HeenanaGeorge Smith, Stirling Mortlock , Gene Fairbanks, Radiko Samo, Mark Chishlom, JP, Bill YoungBen Batger, Mark Gerard, Cylde Rathbone, Luke Burgess, Al Campbell, Peter Owens, David Palavi, Patrick Phibbs, Jone Tawake and Joel Wilson.????

Those kids from the ACT like George Gregan , Matt Giteau, Stephen Larkham , Nic Henderson , the Faigaa Bros, James Mc Cormack, Guy Shepherdson, Julian Salvi and Ben White shouldn't feel inspired to play FOR THEIR STATE!!!

MY GOD WE WOULDN'T WANT KIDS IN WA TO PLAY FOR THEIR STATE TEAM THE WESTERN FORCE , BECAUSE OF A COUPLE OF YEARS OF HAVING EX PATS FROM NSW, QLD AND ACT.

Or is Matt Giteau here to lace 3 Million from the WA Corparates and go home??

The Emirates Western Force is not our state representative team it is our states franchised rugby team based in our state.

If the venture failed (god forbid) it is entirely possible for the ARU to award the franchise licence to another state (even one that already has a super 14 team). Hence it has nothing to do with state rugby.

Its the same as the Brisbane Lions are not the Qld AFL state team or the Adelaide Crows are not the SA AFL state team.

The Perth Gold only play in a competition that is for non contracted players (nobody said anything about them not getting paid by their clubs) to the EWF.

So since its not the state team and its not the best EWF team it is only a Western Force XV.

... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

vCash
    ... hmmm I dont really care and you all lost me at hello ... but anyways rugby is rugby im still gonna enjoy watching it no matter who is playing and what the team is called ***Lonzy steps of her soap box however small it is and lets the men sort it out ***

Champion
    vCash
    Red Bull, The Western Force isn't just a franchise in the S14 , it is the state team for Rugby in WA for the World!

It has now got worse with Qld now calling themselves the Red Heelers, the ACT Brumbies Runners and NSW , NSW A

WHY??? NSW and QLD Capped players of lesser talent on tour year in Eastern Europe and Argentina?

How are these game going to be sold on Television and to the public under these rubbish?

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    Red Bull, The Western Force isn't just a franchise in the S14 , it is the state team for Rugby in WA for the World!

It has now got worse with Qld now calling themselves the Red Heelers, the ACT Brumbies Runners and NSW , NSW A

WHY??? NSW and QLD Capped players of lesser talent on tour year in Eastern Europe and Argentina?

How are these game going to be sold on Television and to the public under these rubbish?
    Hey The Man,

Not for the first time I'm a tad confused. Or should I say I don't understand. What's the beef? I thought Red Bulls argument made sesnse and Burgs point that it is not a problem, is pretty much true at this stage of WA rugby development.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    I agree Enforcer, It seems the man is a bit overheated, and should explain his stance more calmly, and clearer. So Man, where do you stand??

Champion
    vCash
    Simple, The Western Force is the WA State Rugby team and should be known as that in games for the APC , Tour games as well as Super 14.

In the DEVELOPEMENT of the game , it would be smart if not logical in a Marketing and Rugby sense to have the WESTERN FORCE , as a one constant as the STATE TEAM for WA and not have 3 or 4 other teams for the all the other games or competitions.

The Australian team are NOT Franchises like the SA and NZ teams, we take players who LIVE and PLAY in WA!

After all who is going to watch the WA Force XV play NSW A at MES??

When the coaches of the teams and ALL of the players deserve to be represneting their states and the game should be promoted as the Western Force v NSW Waratahs!

The teams NPC don't all of a sudden call themselves Wellington XV or A during the competition?

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    The Man

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    Simple, The Western Force is the WA State Rugby team and should be known as that in games for the APC , Tour games as well as Super 14.

The Western Force is a Franchise team and has not been set up to be representative team of WA, strictly speaking.

In the DEVELOPEMENT of the game , it would be smart if not logical in a Marketing and Rugby sense to have the WESTERN FORCE , as a one constant as the STATE TEAM for WA and not have 3 or 4 other teams for the all the other games or competitions.

Not really that logical as the team when playing outwith the super 14 comp is made up of a very different mix of players and to market it as The Western Force team would be wrong...it's a development side and logically would be called Western Force XV or similar.

The Australian team are NOT Franchises like the SA and NZ teams, we take players who LIVE and PLAY in WA!

There is no doubt we are a Franchise.

After all who is going to watch the WA Force XV play NSW A at MES??

Me and many others I would have thought.

When the coaches of the teams and ALL of the players deserve to be represneting their states and the game should be promoted as the Western Force v NSW Waratahs!

See above

The teams NPC don't all of a sudden call themselves Wellington XV or A during the competition?

I'm pretty sure in saying that the teams in the NPC are not the same as the ones in the Super 14 comp.

Just happy to be here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast