Thread: STILES ARRIVES AS RUGBY KICKS OFF

vCash

STILES ARRIVES AS RUGBY KICKS OFF

New Forwards Coach Nick Stiles has arrived in Perth and will join the Emirates Western Force players tomorrow as field sessions are introduced into pre-season training.

After a tough month where strength and conditioning was the focus the schedule will switch to a rugby focus with fitness also continuing.

Players have impressed so far with all achieving their targeted fitness results much to the delight of coaching staff who have set the bar high.

Rugby sessions will take a forward step in the lead up to Christmas to ensure the whole team is rugby ready for the start of the season just twelve weeks away.

“We’ll be looking at the core fundamentals (of rugby) over the next few weeks, if we can get on top of those at this stage of pre-season, it will set us up come the new year for the longer season of Super Rugby,” Stiles said.

“There’s still going to be plenty of strength and conditioning but we’re going to be getting the rugby back on field and start working on the skills and strategies we’ll be using come game time."

Stiles joins the team from Japanese team Kubota Spears and is looking forward to the challenge of taking over a talented Emirates Western Force forward pack.

“That was one of the things that really excited me coming here to the Emirates Western Force, there’s a good blend of experience and youth throughout the whole squad and in each position as well and that will be a huge strength for our game," said Stiles.

“I’m really looking forward to meeting the players. I just want to get in amongst the squad and get to know everyone so we can start gelling as a group."

More...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 01-12-10 at 18:50.

vCash
    12 weeks! So frikken stoked for this coming season.. More than most... Last year was a huge come down for me as I thought we had an awesome team then too.. It did highlight some glaring inadequacies in depth didnt it... No such problem this year.. Everyone from sheehan to pocock fighting a for a spot.. Hope stiles is the right man for the job... Many seem to think he isnt credentialed enough... Lets see the results speak for him hey!
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!